No announcement yet.

The Sound of Drums (2912/312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was amazing, I just watched it somewhere and I was amazed, the Master said that if the Doctor knew what the Toklophane really where, his hearts would be broken. I think they are time lords. I going to end up going ito a coma until next week, out of server anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mawds View Post
      So after watching this episode, is anyone doing the drum beat thing?
      I can't stop lol.. dur dur dur dur, dur dur dur dur....
      I am. i don't even realise i'm doing it now. i think the writers have brainwashed us.

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
      I thought the laser screwdriver was pretty cool. I watched Doctor Who: Confidential afterwards and apparently DT was a bit 'put out' when he found out the Masters screwdriver was bigger than his. Lol.
      lol. in a story kind of way i wouldn't be surprised if the master did that intentionally.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Can we arrange for next Saturday to happen today? Cause I think I'm gonna have to freeze myself or something to deal with the wait...

There are no words that can do justice to that sheer mass of awesomeness that was this week's ep of Doctor Who.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmaat
          Ooo, I do have to express a bit of disappointment over the non-resolution of the whole Utopia thing, but I guess there wasn't really any way to fit it in. *shrug*
          I dunno
          Spoiler:
          I could have sworn the human that was being chased by Futurekind in Utopia was in the Next Week clip at the end

I like the "You too huh?" line from Jack

Comment

[mod snip]

The Time Lords resurrected the Master??? WTH?? Does he have all 12 regens back???

Watched the 5 doctors earlier today. The Doctor ran from the spire of Rastillon after telling the councilwoman that she was his deputy with full authority. And he kept on running. And then the mention of how he started running from when he saw the time vortex as a child. I don't think the Lord President of Gallifrey was ever going to stop.

Then there's the tardis... Now, do remember, she should have a second control room. She does have a back door.

Why the Master? Why not Romana? Or the Rani? Or any other time lord? Why him? Obviously he was created to be the war leader and has completely gone off the deep end stark raving bonkers.

And the jelly baby reference... I need to go to the local brit store and buy some. My supply has... diminished. *evilgrin*

But seeing the doctor that old and weak. I just wanted to cry. Martha should have just grabbed him and teleported the three of them out of there.

And now, since Think Geek has sonic screwdrivers, I need to get myself one of those. Maybe they'll also carry laser ones too?
            Last edited by Madeleine; 23 June 2007, 11:31 PM.
            Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
            Spoiler:
            "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
            "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
            "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
            "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
            "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
              Why the Master? Why not Romana? Or the Rani? Or any other time lord? Why him? Obviously he was created to be the war leader and has completely gone off the deep end stark raving bonkers.
              Maybe they resurected them too but they died in the war?

Or maybe they ressurected the master first but then after he ran away they decided that it wasn't worth the risk.

Comment

The Mechanoids, children, were a race of robots that appeared in the Classic Who story "The Chase". They were intended to be a rival to the Daleks, but proved to be spectacularly unpopular.

Given that the Macra also only appeared in one Classic Who story "The Macra Terror", and that RTD brought them back for "Gridlock" a few weeks ago - I wouldn't put it past him...

Also, I seem to be the only one who caught the sly reference to the Third Doctor.
                In the scene where the Master is at the airfield meeting Air Force One and the President, he's wearing a long overcoat with a red silk lining.
                Much like the opera cloak with the red silk lining that the Third Doctor was fond of wearing.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was right about The Master. Coward.

Wow this was a great... no the best episode yet, even better then Dalek and I never thought they would top that... hats off to RTD.

This had so many references to canon, to classic who (god they are stupid but I am so glad RTD stayed with the bad looking Gallifrey costumes ) and OMG! The Master had jelly babies! Sacrilege!!!

Did you hear the bell going off in the T.A.R.D.I.S? Even in her state she still warns The Doctor. *bless* I think she could be fixed *secretly hoping they use the old console*.

As to why The Master, simple he is ruthless. The TimeLords are a lot of things and yes they have done some very questionable things but ruthless? No. They needed someone like The Master, yes as broken and wrong as he is.... and lets NEVER forget The Doctor hates taking orders form The TimeLords he ran away from Gallifrey to be rid of them, he spent much of his regenerations avoiding his home planet because of The TimeLords.... Frankly to The TimeLords I am sure The Doctor and The Master are seen much the same. Only The Doctor less with the crazy.

Oh and it is really good plot device to help bring The Master back. I loved the line about The Master being The Doctor's brother! NOT.

LOL! No RTD doesn't go on the internet and see fans post stupid things like that!

Jack has the *low down dirty* luv for The Doctor *Yay!* *Boo hiss* The Doctor is too far gone on a blond girly to notice what he is missing.

There is loads more to post about but my head is swimming so I am off to watch Confidential instead.

Comment

ok i just watched it again and there are so many more things i picked up on.
                    I'll need to watch it yet again to remember most of them though lol.

Anyway two things i want to ask. So here goes:

1) Given the writers fondness for anagrams (they've come up throughout the series and the mystery surounding this new enemy. Can anyone come up with an anagram for TOCLAFANE that matches something from the old series.

I also noticed this time that the master said (or was it the doctor) that the toclafane were a story told to galifreyan children.

2) Something that bugged me is how the doctor looked when the master said he aged him 100 years. No the doctor has said a couple of times these last few seasons that he is around 900 years old. Like wise Paul Mcgann said so too in the movie.
                    At the same time. the second doctor once said that he was around 450 years old. so obviously the galifreyan life spans are much much longer than human lifespans. So how is it after 100 years aged the doctor looked.....well 100......did the master mean age him to the equivalent of a human 100 year old? Or galifreyan years? Or did the master just lie and keep going.

Also i liked how they took note of the fact that The Doctor and The Master were friends at one point. that banter between them on the phone seemed really quite friendly. Even the doctor was willing to save them, even though that on many many occasions now the doctor has shown that he is ruthless. look at how he is with the daleks or the family of blood. and yet there's a sorrow and sadness with him when dealing with the master. of course it could be cos they are the last of there kind but i don't think that's it. It really does seem that somewhere, Deep inside, the doctor still wants to have him as a friend. and so does the master from the looks of it at times.

Once again...........This episode ROCKED. This series has just got better and better!

Comment

I was right about The Master. Coward.
                      I wouldn't say coward. he was just scared. Just like anyone would be. However i think he seemed legitamately regretful about it. like he had left his kind down in some way. Did anyone else notice that?

Wow this was a great... no the best episode yet, even better then Dalek and I never thought they would top that... hats off to RTD.
                      I agree. this season has gone from strength to strength.

This had so many references to canon, to classic who (god they are stupid but I am so glad RTD stayed with the bad looking Gallifrey costumes ) and OMG! The Master had jelly babies! Sacrilege!!!
                      I know how cool is that.all this time i had the impression that they have been ignoring the old seires for the most part (of course with the same spirit though) and then they do that. even with the costumes.........but even better.

As to why The Master, simple he is ruthless. The TimeLords are a lot of things and yes they have done some very questionable things but ruthless? No. They needed someone like The Master, yes as broken and wrong as he is.... and lets NEVER forget The Doctor hates taking orders form The TimeLords he ran away from Gallifrey to be rid of them, he spent much of his regenerations avoiding his home planet because of The TimeLords.... Frankly to The TimeLords I am sure The Doctor and The Master are seen much the same. Only The Doctor less with the crazy.
                      I don't know. look at the doctor. he can be very ruthless now. i think he's done things that the old doctors would never have done.

Also i wouldn't say the doctor is less crazy.......just not evil.

Jack has the *low down dirty* luv for The Doctor *Yay!* *Boo hiss* The Doctor is too far gone on a blond girly to notice what he is missing.
                      How do you mean. I haven't seen anything that would indicate jack may have a thing for the doctor........well not like martha and rose at least....Jack seems willing to do it with anybody.....just look at him in torchwood.

Comment

One of Jack's lines bugs me.

When he was telling the Doctor about his involvement with Torchwood, he said that he worked with "half a dozen" people.
                        Ok, there's Jack himself, Gwen Cooper, Owen Harper, Toshiko Sato, and Ianto Jones. Who's number six? Susie Costello, who was killed in ep. 1 of Torchwood?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          One of Jack's lines bugs me.

When he was telling the Doctor about his involvement with Torchwood, he said that he worked with "half a dozen" people.
                          Ok, there's Jack himself, Gwen Cooper, Owen Harper, Toshiko Sato, and Ianto Jones. Who's number six? Susie Costello, who was killed in ep. 1 of Torchwood?
                          i think he was just rounding up.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            IHow do you mean. I haven't seen anything that would indicate jack may have a thing for the doctor........well not like martha and rose at least....Jack seems willing to do it with anybody.....just look at him in torchwood.
                            He said in the ep to Martha "you to" after it was clear she had a thing for The Doctor... do pay attend. It was during the "key as a clocking *kind of* device" bit where The Doctor says something like; it would be like imaging someone had a crush on you and you were oblivious. In other words both Jack and Martha have a crush on The Doctor and he is oblivious... or at least he prefers blond girly stuck in another dimension. *I prefer her stuck in another dimension too!*

Remember this is "family friendly" Doctor Who, he can't come straight out and say it!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              He said in the ep to Martha "you to" after it was clear she had a thing for The Doctor... do pay attend. It was during the "key as a clocking *kind of* device bit where he says it would be like imaging someone had a crush on you and you were oblivious. In other words both Jack and Martha have a crush on The Doctor and he is oblivious... or at least he prefers blond girly stuck in another dimension. *I prefer her stuck in another dimension too!*

Remember this is "family friendly" Doctor Who, he can't come straight out and say it!
                              I didn't take it in that sense. I took it to mean that he was talking about Rose. When he said it there was no look of longing or anything like that he just said it like 'soooooo you too huh? yeah rose was the same.'

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                I didn't take it in that sense. I took it to mean that he was talking about Rose. When he said it there was no look of longing or anything like that he just said it like 'soooooo you too huh? yeah rose was the same.'
                                Yeah but I got the impression it was a little too close to home for Jack... and again Family Friendly show. Even RTD isn't stupid enough to play that card so openly... regardless of what some may say about him and his agenda.

You need some slash goggles.

And there was no mention of Rose from Jack so I go with my first slashy impression.

Comment

Working...
                                X