No announcement yet.

The Sound of Drums (2912/312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the mechanoids? (forgive me i haven't seen most of the old series)
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
      I heard rumour that the Sontaran's were making a comeback this series

Comment

Spoiler:
        and the sontarrans are?
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Spoiler:
          and the sontarrans are?
          Spoiler:
          I back that.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Madeleine

Comment

Spoiler:
              ohhh...
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

So after watching this episode, is anyone doing the drum beat thing?
                I can't stop lol.. dur dur dur dur, dur dur dur dur....

It's interesting to note that there are 6 billion of them metal orb things, same amount as there are people on Earth.
                Maybe that's what they are, us in a parallel dimension. Maybe every living thing in that dimension is a metal orb, unemotional, no idea what's right or wrong etc etc.
                Maybe that's what the scary tale that was told to young Galifrians, to scare them, like the BogeyMan.
                I'm sure we will find out, and it will be something cool.

Comment

Other good things: the word 'decimate' used in its original sense. Lucy dancing as the drones attacked. The thing with the keys. The citadel on Gallifrey. TardisWhump!

Looks like Jack *is* the de facto head of Torchwood since Torchwood London ceased operating. Sounded like he pretty much appointed himself

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    Other good things: the word 'decimate' used in its original sense. Lucy dancing as the drones attacked. The thing with the keys. The citadel on Gallifrey. TardisWhump!

Looks like Jack *is* the de facto head of Torchwood since Torchwood London ceased operating. Sounded like he pretty much appointed himself
                    I liked how disgusted the doctor was when he found out, but then Jack was desperate to say it was a good think 'I did it for you!'

And also the scene where the doctor compares his new gadget with 'It's like when you fancy someone and they don't even know that you're there' and Martha looks upset and turns to Jack - 'You too, huh?' haha awesome!

sigpic

Comment

Whoohoo... that was amazing... edge of the seat stuff. I LOVE S3... I love the continuity and that bits and pieces from previous episodes are coming together.

I have a few ideas about the Toclafane but won't mention them here. Interesting that he called them "kids" though. They'd break his hearts, eh?

Jack, the Doctor and Martha make a great team. Wonder what she's teleported to do.

The Master has a wife!... she seems almost as loony as he does

John Simms is terrific as the Master. And yeah, he reminded me of Tony Blair as well.

A fabulous episode... *chews nails*... next week can't come fast enough.
                      Last edited by Easter Lily; 23 June 2007, 04:13 PM. Reason: Toclafane spelling
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Tense... tense... tense... egads, TENSE!

Oh, the sheer AGONY of having to wait an ENTIRE FRAKKING WEEK to see the conclusion! Although it being a season finale, I dunno what kind of conclusion it'll be. It'll probably be wrapped up though, right? 'cos then there's the Christmas Special and that's usually it's own little story. Of sorts.

re: the song at the end... You mean the one that played as the Toklophane descended? I'm pretty sure that was The Master's choice as he hit a switch to turn it off; thus its annoyingness could be said to be expected.

As for what they are, yeah, I was also thinking they're the Gelf- that one voice sounded like them. The billions swarming out of the skies did seem a bit reminiscent of the Dalek invasion in Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways, though. However:

Originally posted by Mawds View Post
                        Maybe every living thing in that dimension is a metal orb, unemotional, no idea what's right or wrong etc etc.
                        Unemotional? Dunno if I agree with that. They seemed pretty nervous and fretful to me. And childlike. And they were all sulky and "we want our Master!" Very emotional for flying metal orbs of doom, IMO.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        Any American person reading this, please tell me: when a yank calls someone an "ass", are they calling them a "donkey" or an "arse"? (it was a great line either way.)
                        I think it could be either... or both, but probably more the former, as in "You're such a jackass!" Although anatomical references are also sadly popular.

As soon as the Master pulled out that little paper bag, I knew he was gonna make a jellybabies reference. LOL! Great touch.

The one thing that nagged was the whole perception filter thing. The Master's right: the Doctor should have known better; so should Jack, since it played a rather pivotal point in the Torchwood premiere.

There's a whole lot of info to digest. I'll probably have to watch the ep again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Ooo, and the whole thing with the opening/closing of the door to check on the screaming? ROTFL! I also liked the Doctor's comment about how the perception filter is like "having a crush on someone who doesn't know you exist." And Martha looks at Jack, and Jack looks at Martha. "You too, huh?" LOL! Great stuff.

But now... time to digest.

Comment

Well, first reply to Madeleine_W, in America when you call some an "ass" basiclly means a big jerk.

Fantastic episode, absolutely loved it! Can't believe we have to wait another whole week for the finale. John Simm was absolutely fantastic, loved him in Life on Mars, think I love this role for him even more. My only complaint is that I wished that the US President looked more like Bush. I was LOL like crazy when Martha's father was like "You voted for Saxon, it's all your fault". I have been doing that in the states for a long time now, in regards to Bush (my home, swing-state of Pennsylvania voted against Bush both times at least). I guess in the Jones family Father knows best, mother fell right into Saxon's trap so easily.

Begins countdown to Saturday.

Comment

Ooo, I do have to express a bit of disappointment over the non-resolution of the whole Utopia thing, but I guess there wasn't really any way to fit it in. *shrug*

Do you think the whole sounding of drums is actually leading somewhere? Or is it just gonna be one of those inexplicable things that just happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Unemotional? Dunno if I agree with that. They seemed pretty nervous and fretful to me. And childlike. And they were all sulky and "we want our Master!" Very emotional for flying metal orbs of doom, IMO.

Ahh yeah, forgot about them being childlike at the start, I was so caught up with the ending and all the killing etc.

Comment

I thought the laser screwdriver was pretty cool. I watched Doctor Who: Confidential afterwards and apparently DT was a bit 'put out' when he found out the Masters screwdriver was bigger than his. Lol.
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X