Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N4jNOyw6O0

lol I love John Simm's face at 1.30.

I can see him really nailing the sinister kind of facial expressions and delivery (I assume) The Master is associated with. I look forward to seeing DT and JS act together. Like face to face.

"Oh, new voice! Hellooo, Hello!"

ETA: someone mentioned how "cute" the Chantho swearing thing was. That is a word I would never use but damn it... it's completely accurate. I found myself laughing at that bit for no reason. Her giggle was a really... sort of... contagious kind of laugh. She's awesome, it's a shame she (for all I know) won't be back.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I think Jon Simm's master is gonna be as mad and bonkers as DT's doctor. Just evil, seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
        I think Jon Simm's master is gonna be as mad and bonkers as DT's doctor. Just evil, seemed that way.
        Yep...I thought that. Both have got the 'guy next door' look...just with eccentricity added!!!

I think John Simm's Master will charm his way in, then turn the knife!!! Oh what fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
          ETA: someone mentioned how "cute" the Chantho swearing thing was. That is a word I would never use but damn it... it's completely accurate. I found myself laughing at that bit for no reason. Her giggle was a really... sort of... contagious kind of laugh. She's awesome, it's a shame she (for all I know) won't be back.
          Who's to say she won't? Martha was pretty quick to write her off as dead with barely a cursory glance. Despite not knowing the 1st thing about her alien insect physiology. Or is she an expert xenobiologist now to add to her other talents?

Minor niggle, all-round brilliant episode again.
          I am still squeeing over Jack and the Doc, one happy slasher!
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
            wouldnt the master have left a tardis around, he did have one and how else could he have got to that time
            if he had his own tardis he would have most likely used that one. Or The doctors tardis would have detected such a thing (Not sure about that point though cos i havn't watched all that much of the orginal series)
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              They didn't mention it on Confidential. It was mostly about Jack being back and then about the Chantho character and about Derek and John playing the Master and them filming the regeneration etc.

This was kinda my thought too.. from what we saw in Human Nature/Family of Blood, the process of becoming human through the Chamaleon Arch means they forget about the TARDIS etc, as well as conveniently overlooking the watch. The Dr had Martha to keep an eye on the TARDIS for him... It is to be assumed that the Master's TARDIS is somewhere near wherever he was originally found and may even have been brought into the base somewhere but he would have no idea what it was, would probably not even notice it. So it could have been there somewhere all along...
              I really don't think he'll have his own tardis at this point.......though to be honest i'd lke it if he did. That way not only is the doctors number one nemisis back but he can turn up anywhere at anytime (honestly if they kill him off in the finale i will hunt those writers down.....)

Comment

more likely that they'll use jacks space hopper.......
                I doubt it. I'm thinking Martha will use her phone to get someone in the Saxon timeline to send the TARDIS back to get them or some such thing.

But a tense and ominous closing scene, Tennant's pained look as he realized what was happening... priceless!

I don't mind that they've brought the Master back, just so long as he dies well and truly at season's end!! This must happen in order to sanctify the show. To drag him out is reverting back to older days... and we don't wanna go there.

Have the pocketwatches been mentioned in the classic series? Or is it just a random plot device?
                sigpic

Comment

It's a random plot device. In the original novel that Human Nature/Family of Blood was based on they used a ball and then RTD (I think he was the one) suggested a watch for its symbolism. Otherwise he'd have said, "Hey, they used fob watches in the classic series!"

It's a good device though, IMO. I was surprised (but happy) to see it used again; I figured it was just a one-off.

Comment

Fantastic episode. The best one since DT took over as the Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      To drag him out is reverting back to older days... and we don't wanna go there.
                      Speak for yourself...
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        I doubt it. I'm thinking Martha will use her phone to get someone in the Saxon timeline to send the TARDIS back to get them or some such thing.

But a tense and ominous closing scene, Tennant's pained look as he realized what was happening... priceless!

I don't mind that they've brought the Master back, just so long as he dies well and truly at season's end!! This must happen in order to sanctify the show. To drag him out is reverting back to older days... and we don't wanna go there.

Have the pocketwatches been mentioned in the classic series? Or is it just a random plot device?
                        nonononononononononononono!!! they can't get rid of the master already. there's too much potential there with john simm.

Comment

I agree they cant get rid of the Master after bringing him back that quickly. But i do also think they need to introduce new re-occurring villains instead of revisiting the old ones (Master, Daleks, Cybermen). Don't get me wrong links to the classic series are important, but some new re-occurring villains would be a good idea. (Maybe bring the Weeping Angels back every now and then.

Comment

weeping angels would be a good villian to see again but not a recurring one.

I mean ever ep it would just be a case of. Don't blink and run backwards!

Comment

I hope they don't kill the Master off at the end, I'd like to see him back, just as long as they don't let him become over-used like the Daleks

Comment

or pansyfied like the daleks.

Comment

Working...
                                X