No announcement yet.

The Lazarus Experiment (2906/306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode. It was fun, and it was a good time. I can't say much that hasn't been said about the great parts of the episode. I liked Martha's sister but hated her mother. I also prefer Martha to Rose because the former has a brain.

The bad parts were not the shows fault.

1. SciFi didn't show the niffty trailer. No 2nd half preview here.

2. They also showed commercials ever 7-10 minutes. At one point, they showed nine commercials, seven minutes of the episode, and 11 more commercials. It's no wonder ratings are down in the US. With the DVD coming out soon, people can just avoid the channel if they haven't already "seen" the episodes.

I hate SciFi, but I enjoy Doctor Who.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
      I liked this episode. It was fun, and it was a good time. I can't say much that hasn't been said about the great parts of the episode. I liked Martha's sister but hated her mother. I also prefer Martha to Rose because the former has a brain.

2. They also showed commercials ever 7-10 minutes. At one point, they showed nine commercials, seven minutes of the episode, and 11 more commercials. It's no wonder ratings are down in the US. With the DVD coming out soon, people can just avoid the channel if they haven't already "seen" the episodes.

I hate SciFi, but I enjoy Doctor Who.
      Indeed, when I visited the US and watched television I felt like I was watching advertisments with occasional program breaks. As opposed to programs with advert breaks.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        SGalisa: Thanks for all that information on "The Master". I'm completely ignorant when it comes to classic Doctor Who.

The Master and The Doctor squaring off sounds exciting. Hope it happens in some form later this series.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Thanks from me as well! Good to have some background info.
        you're both welcome!
        somehow, I have a feeling (uncle martin's radar tingling type) that the Master will be back. It's just a matter of when and how he is revealed.

I saw it, and I live in the USA. It was shown at the end of the ep's first viewing slot (8pm-9pm, EST).
        But I don't really remember what it was about, at the moment. I only remembered being surprisingly *awed* that it was actually being shown.

I liked Martha's sister but hated her mother....

2. They also showed commercials ever 7-10 minutes. At one point, they showed nine commercials, seven minutes of the episode, and 11 more commercials.
        that's so that you can get up and walk (NOT *run*) to the bathroom, or get a snack to munch on, and hopefully be back in time before the show starts again.

I only made that discovery when I had to do that a few times, and RAN to the bathroom, hurried up and RAN back to the pause control remote to cut out some commercials, and still had plenty of time left over..

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

that's so that you can get up and walk (NOT *run*) to the bathroom, or get a snack to munch on, and hopefully be back in time before the show starts again.

I only made that discovery when I had to do that a few times, and RAN to the bathroom, hurried up and RAN back to the pause control remote to cut out some commercials, and still had plenty of time left over..
          Some of us remember to go before the episode starts.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

har, har..
            that only works until dinner starts getting a groovin on the move to make more room below, and sudden cramps badger your insides - until you relent and *have to run*...
            snacking on popcorn or salad or any food ruffage can and sometimes does cause that effect, too.
            (I know a few people who wait until the last second, before it's "CLEAR the path!! time")

and then there are some folks who have bladder problems every 10 minutes to the bathroom, so going ahead of time doesn't always work...

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              har, har..
              that only works until dinner starts getting a groovin on the move to make more room below, and sudden cramps badger your insides - until you relent and *have to run*...
              snacking on popcorn or salad or any food ruffage can and sometimes does cause that effect, too.
              (I know a few people who wait until the last second, before it's "CLEAR the path!! time")

and then there are some folks who have bladder problems every 10 minutes to the bathroom, so going ahead of time doesn't always work...
              What's wrong with carrier bags and bottles?
              Spoiler:
              Last edited by Anubis69; 16 August 2007, 07:12 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Just rewatched this episode and am trying to work out why I remember it as being so mediocre. One thing that really bugged me about it though was the Doctor's insistence that what Lazarus was doing was wrong, evil before it started going all wrong. It just seemed incredibly hypocritical for the Doctor to be lecturing others on how it's wrong for someone to want to expand their lifespan by making themselves younger.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  Just rewatched this episode and am trying to work out why I remember it as being so mediocre. One thing that really bugged me about it though was the Doctor's insistence that what Lazarus was doing was wrong, evil before it started going all wrong. It just seemed incredibly hypocritical for the Doctor to be lecturing others on how it's wrong for someone to want to expand their lifespan by making themselves younger.
                  I suppose if he knew that the thing was dangerous, he was justified in telling Lazarus that he had no right to make himself younger and putting the audience at risk by doing so

But otherwise, yes, I agree. Which is one reason I quite like those scenes where someone - eg Queen Victoria, Jackie, Donna or even Davros - bring the Doctor up short and puncture his self-satisfiedness. I like my heroes to be flawed, but more than that, I like other characters to notice their flaws from time to time.

Madeleine

Comment

great episode i love the doctor and Martha in this episode i also like the fact that a mutation was coursed by Lazarus making himself younger showing the possibilitys of evaluation
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually Lazarus brings up a nitpick for me.

In the finale of that series The Master tells The Doctor that all that was part of his plan to get rid of him. Implying he knew aobut the technology Lazarus was using, and or helped him.

The nitpick is this. Shouldn't the Doctor be sensing another timelord? as Saxon ie: The Master was back on Earth during this adventure.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

The nitpick is this. Shouldn't the Doctor be sensing another timelord? as Saxon ie: The Master was back on Earth during this adventure.
                        The Doctor explained that
                        Spoiler:
                        The Archangel network was camouflaging the Master's presence.

Comment

i guess that just shows how clever the master is
                          sigpic

Comment

"I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired; tired of the struggle, tired of losing everyone that matters to you, tired of watching everything you love turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone."

so sad
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Cool episode, and I loved the nod to Star Trek. Especially in TNG the solution nine times out of ten was to reverse the polarity of something.
                              sigpic

Comment

I wasn't as fond of it this time...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X