The Lazarus Experiment (2906/306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Elinor
    Oh me to! I'm sure Russell Davies is a Gater. There have been a few times, in the last 3 seasons, when I've thought 'Yay...Stargate'!!

Next episode's trailer looks FAB!! Can't wait for this!!

[/QUOTE]

Bit off topic (and prob a bit strange but it popped into my head as I read this so I thought I'd share) I remember hearing Gary (name escapes me) who is the editor of the DWM speaking about Russell when the series was first in production and telling how even before DW Russel used to go into WH Smiths in Manchester on the day the mag came out and re-arrange the shelves so all that showed in the si fi section was Doctor Who. Well I was impressed,
    wonder if he still does it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      No, he's been mentioned a few times prior to this (verbally or written) but this is the first time we've actually seen him. Assuming "Mysterious Guy" really was Saxon.
      It wasn't him. People would recogise a poitical figure.
      Originally posted by farcue
      "You're the last man alive John"
      "What about tayla?"
      "Shes dead."
      "What about ronan?"
      "He's dead, they're all dead."
      "Not Carter?"
      "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
      "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fate View Post
        It wasn't him. People would recogise a poitical figure.
        That's what I thought, but the whole "And this comes from Saxon himself" thing seems a little odd if it wasn't from Saxon himself but just one of his lackeys.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          No, he's been mentioned a few times prior to this (verbally or written) but this is the first time we've actually seen him. Assuming "Mysterious Guy" really was Saxon.
          Thanks
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Don't thank me, apparently my info was wrong: we still haven't seen him.

Comment

I think the current theory is that 'Mysterious Guy' is Saxon's lacky his 'Mr Morden'

Saxon is
              Spoiler:
              The Master, played by John 'Sam Tyler from Life on Mars' Simm, which was the worst kept secret of the series

Comment

do we know who Mr. Saxon is.

Because i had this feeling it could have been The Master but i thought we got rid of him in the 1996 movie but he could easily come back.

Or was that just a vibe i got, anyone know who he is?

because it would make sense that "the doctor is not alone" from a previous episode.
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

DAM that monster looked well good! Why can't Stargate have monsters like that.
                  It reminded me of a Manticore (one of my fav mythological beasts)
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manticore

Isn't Mr Saxon from SuperSmash Bros on the gamecube as a throw item?????
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Great ep. Doctor Who is back after whatever it was that was standing in last week!

Love the Saxon mentions, can't wait for that story to get truly underway. Also like Martha's family so far, very different from Rose's, Martha's mother slapping The Doctor was hilarious.

As was "reversing the polarity".

The monster looked great, acting was excellent, really liked some of the music in there. All in all fabulous. Loved Doc in the tux too.. "Science geek" hehe.

And had to search out that preview mentioned in this thread (we only got one for 42)

Spoiler:
                    Wow, that tapping looks/sounds cool! And Jack! Jack! JACK!

Comment

Okay, who the heck is this Master everyone keeps talking about?

Good episode but I wouldn't call it great. I enjoyed Gridlock more for some reason.

Wonder what that guy told Martha's mum?

Martha has no qualms at all about taking off with The Doctor and leaving her family/medical school behind. Of course she's only been gone 12 hours so far. She's really hooked on both him and the adventure.

I was glad to finally see Martha in a different outfit. she looked great as did The Doctor in his tux.

Comment

Here is somthing for scifistream, if you are doing each TV split into there continuities, well there was a spin off called Torchwood and a one of called saraah jane adventures (unknowen if there is going to be series to it).

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          Okay, who the heck is this Master everyone keeps talking about?
                          "The MASTER" is a Long time arch-enemy and nemesis of "the Doctor". Former schoolmate of the Doctor's, too from Gallifrey (the planet the Doctor grew up/lived on). The Master was a genius Time Lord, but bored with life on Gallifrey, and rebelled against sticking to the Time Lords "rules and regulations" about their non-intervention policies with other lifeforms, etc. So, he set himself up and out a long time ago to cruise around the universe and continue on with his mischievous actions -- a bully for a Time Lord, if that makes better sense. The Master thrives on breaking the rules, and is almost always referred to as
                          "THE MASTER"... and I think he's also a "master of disguises" too (a bit bedeviling..)

Spoiler:
                          The Master first appeared in the *CLASSIC* Doctor Who series, I think during Jon Pertwee's era -- Jon Pertwee is the 3rd appearance of the Doctor, excluding the Peter Cushing movies.

According to the original *classic* Doctor Who series, the Master used up all of his 12 regenerations cycle, but (I think) stole another lifetime's worth of cycles from one of his own people (the Time Lords). So, in a way, the Master is sort of like DW's "Ming the Merciless" - and deviant to the core!
                          The Master has devoted his entire DW series life either attempting to foil the Doctor's plans (of being kind and generous), or destroy the Doctor in some method, even if he has to lie about the Doctor's identity.

Probably the best (introductory) episode for the MASTER vs. the Doctor, was a Tom Baker classic
                          "THE DEADLY ASSASSIN" ... music might have been a little horrendous, but the creative plot made up more than enough to compensate for the lack of sets and cheap budget for its production time era.

As the Doctor would agree with the following statement in knowing *who* the Master is and what his ultimate goals for universal domination are--

"The more things change, the more they stay the same..."
                          Last edited by SGalisa; 11 August 2007, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Wonder what that guy told Martha's mum?

Martha has no qualms at all about taking off with The Doctor and leaving her family/medical school behind. Of course she's only been gone 12 hours so far. She's really hooked on both him and the adventure.
                            whatever it was, Martha's mum told Martha that she was told nothing BUT "Death and destruction follow him (the Doctor) around wherever he goes" (or something to that effect)
                            (well gee, can't imagine why..! and he's out on his own rescue missions to stop it from destroying more lives!)

Oooooooooo!
                            and I thought it had something to do with Torchwood (echoing the Queen's own rant from the werewolf and witches episodes).. interesting correlation (connections) of DW's entire series continuity there, too..

by the looks of this "MASTER" rumor, things might be heating up - as they did in the original *classic* series. If TORCHWOOD *is* (and we all know now that it is) an
                            anagram ("a word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase")..
                            for DOCTORWHO

that would make more sense --now-- on how TORCHWOOD is supposedly the enemy headquarter's set against everything the DOCTOR (DOCTOR WHO) stands for. Interesting..

gosh, now where would the Doctor's life be without having the MASTER constantly bullying him around the universe..
                            Last edited by SGalisa; 11 August 2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

SGalisa: Thanks for all that information on "The Master". I'm completely ignorant when it comes to classic Doctor Who.

The Master and The Doctor squaring off sounds exciting. Hope it happens in some form later this series.

Comment

SGalisa: Thanks for all that information on "The Master". I'm completely ignorant when it comes to classic Doctor Who.

The Master and The Doctor squaring off sounds exciting. Hope it happens in some form later this series.
                                Thanks from me as well! Good to have some background info.

Spoiler:
                                Can't wait for The Master to show up this series.

Comment

Working...
                                X