The Lazarus Experiment (2906/306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

I didn't get that reference. Can someone explain?
    During the classic series days, whenever something went wrong with the tardis or the Doctor needed to tinker with some kind of alien tech he'd 'Reverse the Polarity' because it happened so often it became a standing joke

Comment

SPOLIER ALERT!!!!

Spoiler:

About time Mr Saxon, showed his real face....say hello to a sadly tashless Master....was discussing with my parents the other day about why he has not turned up yet, as i could not really see him helping the timelords in the timewar as they never really got on.
      Also waiting for the return of Davros and the other Dalek faction....

ETA: guys, when you have spoilers for upcoming episodes, please put them in tags. Using the little balloon with the exclamation mark, or by typing 'spoiler' or 'spoilers' inside brackets []
      Last edited by Skydiver; 07 May 2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Quoting myself here but another thought occured:

Spoiler:
        The Dr somehow losing (or having wiped) his memory?

I didn't get that reference. Can someone explain?
        If you read the spoilers on wikipedia it explains what the memory loss thing is about, I reckon it should be pretty acurate since the episode is based on an eigth doctor novel.

As for reversing the polarity of the nuetron flow, it was the thrid (?) doctor's catchphrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow's Cat
          Well you seem to be saying you have a very young child and that is not what I was talking about. Neither Rose nor Martha are young. Not by today's standards.
          My daughter is 13 this year and what I'm saying is that worrying about your daughter is something that is inbuilt into a woman's genes I think. My dad had a great saying that I think is very true "A son is a son until he takes a wife but a daughter is a daughter all her life" basically a mother will worry about her daughter forever, I know I do

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Well, um, that said, scene transitions in this episode were a bit shabby and too fractured, and it was really obvious that the entire visual effects budget was used up on Lazarus and stripped from other particulars (eg. "orange squeezing", morphing between monster and man...).

The Doctor lectures Lazarus on arrogance...

Something else is beginning to irritate me, and that is: the Doctor has seen the future, and arrives in a point in the past where an event occurs that could change the future he's seen... how is this possible without the use of a time machine? How can an event occur, a monster, a disaster, etc, that affects the future, but has not been initiated by time sabotage? So if the Doctor hadn't intervened in this episode, what difference would it make to the future if this was MEANT to happen?

Do y'all get what I'm saying?

Anyway, a much better installment than the last fortnight. And quite an interesting tease at upcoming eps... and this trap that seems to be being laid out for the Doctor... I just hope it's clever enough to believeabley fool him, and not something simple and obvious that he failed to see.

The alien planet episode looks to be the one to watch in the back half of this season.. I'll be watching in anticipation.
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm...don't really know what to say about this episode. It was good, better than last week's, but not as good as 'The Shakespeare Code' and 'Gridlock'. It just felt like 'something and nothing' for me. I liked the SFX...where the mouth on the creature split open. Cool!!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              I have to admit I did think 'Wraith Victim'
              Oh me to! I'm sure Russell Davies is a Gater. There have been a few times, in the last 3 seasons, when I've thought 'Yay...Stargate'!!

Next episode's trailer looks FAB!! Can't wait for this!!

Comment

Now there is no doubt that...

Spoiler:
                The master does indeed have a hand in things. The doctor did realise that the machine was trying to replicate a time lord regeneration. The master needs it to regenerate again. Anyway i dont think that mr saxon is the master. He might just be using mr saxon! And that security gard boncer guy cant have been mr saxon as someone probably would have recognised someone running for prime minister. And another thought from the preview trailer...
                Spoiler:
                Maybe Captain jack is the doctors son!!?!!

Two weeks till 42? Nooooooooo

Spoiler:
                Burn with me.
                Originally posted by farcue
                "You're the last man alive John"
                "What about tayla?"
                "Shes dead."
                "What about ronan?"
                "He's dead, they're all dead."
                "Not Carter?"
                "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fate View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe Captain jack is the doctors son!!?!!

Wow! Now there's an interesting thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post

I wonder what the Slash writers would make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post

It would fit everything together nicely wouldnt it!
                      Originally posted by farcue
                      "You're the last man alive John"
                      "What about tayla?"
                      "Shes dead."
                      "What about ronan?"
                      "He's dead, they're all dead."
                      "Not Carter?"
                      "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                      "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

that guy in the black suit telling mrs jones about the doctor reminded me a lot of mr morden from babylon 5

Comment

Gotta say, the Wraith never even crossed my mind. Guess it shows how far I've gotten out of Atlantis... and maybe how far Atlantis has gotten from the Wraith, anyway.

Of course, I'd also just finished reading a story about a life-sucking (ka-devouring) Egyptian mummy, so my thoughts were decidedly elsewhere...

Comment

Is this the first time it mentions Saxon this season i think is?
                            sigpic
                            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              that guy in the black suit telling mrs jones about the doctor reminded me a lot of mr morden from babylon 5
                              Yeah, he does seem to have that "what do you want?" middle-man thing about him. I've a feeling he is the friendly representative for his "master", Mr Saxon.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                                Is this the first time it mentions Saxon this season i think is?
                                No, he's been mentioned a few times prior to this (verbally or written) but this is the first time we've actually seen him. Assuming "Mysterious Guy" really was Saxon.

Comment

Working...
                                X