Human Nature (2908/308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    If the writing in this series gets any worse I might jump ship, there have been some excellent episodes, but at the moment the poor quality ones are slighty outnumbering the good ones.
    I don't know for me only the Dalek based eps were terrible, I don't expect every ep to be a classic and for the most part they have done their job and entertained me. I do think they have spent way too much time on Martha, her family and the whole 'getting to know you' thang.

I would rather they concentrate on The Doctor, the time travel and just bloody get on with it!

Comment

Agreed, the dalek eps were truely awful. IMO the only great episodes were Gridlock, Lazarus Experiment and Human Nature

Comment

I Don't have a fave yet. I am hoping the second part of Human Nature will make that a fave or yeah... Utopia will offer something brilliant. Wow we are more then half way through the series!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          The only show I've abandoned after the pilot was Torchwood
          Snap.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          I Don't have a fave yet. I am hoping the second part of Human Nature will make that a fave or yeah... Utopia will offer something brilliant. Wow we are more then half way through the series!
          I loved Smith and Jones and The Shakespeare Code. Gridlock good but not as good as the first two.. the Dalek ones.. *meh*. Second one better than the first but neither exactly gripped me. The Lazarus Experiment I liked, probably a bit better than Gridlock. 42 I thought was great, I'd put that up there with the first two eps and Human Nature I enjoyed too... probably up there near the top few.
          sigpic

Comment

Human Nature has something distinctly... classic about it. There's a lot moe time being taken over things, and the climax of part 1 is very much like a classic ep cliff hanger. I'm loving it muchly, they're beginning to focus on the companion the right amount. Not too much. I'm glad to see that.

(Though I won't be complaining if they focus a little bit more on Captain Jack when he returns)

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hmm... Gridlock stands tall with Girl in the Fireplace as my favourite episode.

I'm still waiting for Family of Blood, they might jsut squeeze in.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Gridlock is one of my absolute favourites too

Comment

Just watched it, had to tape it.
                  SQUEE!

The Doctor talking...smart! Argh!
                  Excellent ep, my fave of series three now. It really is great.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I am fairly committed unless there really is nothing in it for me. Heroes left me cold. LOST bored me to tears within 15 minutes and BSG just confused me.

I admit if I hadn't been a fan of Doctor Who I wouldn't have bothered with the New series. I really didn't get a lot out of Rose as an opener, but as a continuation of DW I could see where it was all leading so I stuck with it, I guess Torchwood gets that respect from me too.

With Rose as the opener I am actually surprised DW has so many new fans.
                    Admittedly my first reaction to Rose was one of "well that was...warped" but I then decided I needed a second ep to get my head around it and the second ep happened to be class!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      Admittedly my first reaction to Rose was one of "well that was...warped" but I then decided I needed a second ep to get my head around it and the second ep happened to be class!
                      Oh yeah the second ep was great, if a little corny but then this is Doctor Who. And The Doctor showing real emotion *sniff*

However Dalek for me remains my fave of the New eps. I just love it to death!

Hmm, Gridlock was OK but nothing great imho, and although I like TSC I am not a fan of Harry Potter so I think I missed a lot of the references, and you know the witches...

Nah, I am still waiting for the series 29 episode where I go; OMG! I must re-watch that right now!

Comment

I am fairly committed unless there really is nothing in it for me. Heroes left me cold. LOST bored me to tears within 15 minutes and BSG just confused me.

I admit if I hadn't been a fan of Doctor Who I wouldn't have bothered with the New series. I really didn't get a lot out of Rose as an opener, but as a continuation of DW I could see where it was all leading so I stuck with it, I guess Torchwood gets that respect from me too.

i rarely commit my self to tv shows when i find i show i like i usely stick with it. also usely know before i watch the show wether im going to like it or not so it usely doesnt take me long to get in to a show.

Doctor Who probly took me the longest to get in to. i dident start to get in to until a couples eps in to the 2 series or series 28 if you like. but that might be cuz it was when i found out stargate was ending and i was just trying to find another show to fill the void.

i never real deside to stop watching a show and just tend to forget to watch them so i guess that would mean the lost my inrtest. i rented the BSG mini series and thats what got me in to BSG. watch the whole frist season in a week it was round the time the 2 season was starting. never watched heros i blame that on basic tv sents were i live it was inprossble to get channel 3 for some reason so never got in to heros. by the time i got cable it was to far along. as for lost i watched it when it frist air sents i had a feling it would be big. it all most losted me a couple of time i stoped watching once or twice not cuz i dident like more i just dident feel like watching it and i was missing to many eps

edit- does any one esle do what i did? i saw a post and i felt like responding to it so i type stuff down and post then i relized what i saw was on page 3 and this topic was on page 4. so my post is out of place and no one well no what im talking about. which is why i had to go back quote

Comment

I'm another one who gave up on Torchwood after the 1st episode. Perhaps I'll give it another go some time. Heroes and Lost didn't grab me and the camera work in BSG made me seasick!! I've just started watching Life on Mars...it's fab!

The only episodes of this season's Dr Who I wasn't too keen on have been the Daleks 2-parter and 'The Lazarus Experiment'. They weren't bad, just not very gripping. Thoroughly enjoyed the others though.

Comment

Torchwood isn't worth it. In fact when my Archos (kinda like a super-size ipod) started running out of space, I happily deleted all of Torchwood with nary a twinge of loss.

Maybe S2 will improve, but if they're still more obsessed with gay/alien sex than in telling good stories, I won't even bother with it anymore. Although if you can get your hands on the last episode or two there was some actual content to them and it could prove relevant to Utopia. Not vital watching but maybe just an extra dimension to things.

At least I assume it's Utopia. I've actually been avoiding the spoilers.

ANYWAY, loved Human Nature and I gotta say, while having the human-bound Family members all cock their head to one side is a very simple gimmick, it still managed to be unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Torchwood isn't worth it. In fact when my Archos (kinda like a super-size ipod) started running out of space, I happily deleted all of Torchwood with nary a twinge of loss.

Maybe S2 will improve, but if they're still more obsessed with gay/alien sex than in telling good stories, I won't even bother with it anymore. Although if you can get your hands on the last episode or two there was some actual content to them and it could prove relevant to Utopia. Not vital watching but maybe just an extra dimension to things.

At least I assume it's Utopia. I've actually been avoiding the spoilers.
                              Thanks ShadowMaat! I might try those. Gotta say I tend to tune out when shows put more emphasis on the bonking than the story. It seemed everytime I tuned in to BSG there was bonking going on...and what with the shaky camera as well...it just 'did me head in'!!

Comment

Yeah, but with BSG a large part of the point of the show is that the entire lives of the entire cast are contained in a large metal box and the sex serves to heighten the claustrophobic and closedness of this community of a few thousand remaining humans. With Torchwood I've yet to see a point to the sex. Except to make it Adult.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X