Human Nature (2908/308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    From what I understood, he and Martha were ran into The Family and barely escaped into the Tardis but the family managed to follow them, using stolen technology that means they can track the Dr across time and space, and the Dr decided the only way to escape them was for him to hide - to change every cell in his body (using a piece of technology called the Chameleon Arch) and become human. While he's human, they can't track him/find him. I believe something was mentioned that The Family are dying and that he just needs to hide long enough for them to die off (hence the timescale of 3 months).

Does that help?
    Yes thanks
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      It maybe that RTD was looking at those shows you mentioned, it maybe he was trying to walk the line between kid/family content and adult content. At times watching Doctor Who I do think it is more mature then Torchwood which is interesting given how much they went on about Torchwood being adult.

I don't know, but I am happy for the most part to see The Doctor showing his emotions, after all he isn't a Vulcan.
      Interesting. I always think Doctor Who is mroe adult than Torchwood.

Also, I'm not really complainnig. All the sadness in the stories does make great drama, especially with the superb writing adn acting from all their leads so far.And it being an ongoing theme rather than jsut a one-off episode never to be mentinoed again makes ti all the more stronger.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Dalario View Post
        No one want to argue with me ?
        It was himself in the vision, and it looked trench-like and the uniforms looked more First World War than Boer War or anything else.

His other visions showed the actual people in them; when he saw Martha in London it was Martha as Martha, not him as Martha, so his vision of the trenches was likely a future memory. The fact that he used the name of a classmate makes it more likely - a lot of older schoolboys signed up en-masse to the same regiments.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          Interesting. I always think Doctor Who is mroe adult than Torchwood.

Also, I'm not really complainnig. All the sadness in the stories does make great drama, especially with the superb writing adn acting from all their leads so far.And it being an ongoing theme rather than jsut a one-off episode never to be mentinoed again makes ti all the more stronger.
          Personally... I'd be inclined to say that Torchwood is the adult one, and Doctor Who is the mature one.

If that makes sense...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yes, perfect sense. ITA.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Personally... I'd be inclined to say that Torchwood is the adult one, and Doctor Who is the mature one.

If that makes sense...
              So much better at words than I am, you are
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If that makes sense...
                You got it in a nutshell

Comment

If that makes sense...
                  Perfect sense and perfectly true, I commend you sir.

Comment

Hmm, I agree to a point. I think personally they had gotten it pretty right by the time the last two episodes came along, the mix of adult content and mature sentiment was shining through. *shrugs* I guess I still hold out hope Torchwood can build on those eps and be a better show in series two.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      Hmm, I agree to a point. I think personally they had gotten it pretty right by the time the last two episodes came along, the mix of adult content and mature sentiment was shining through. *shrugs* I guess I still hold out hope Torchwood can build on those eps and be a better show in series two.
                      Don't we all?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

The way i've always worked with sci-fi shows is give them the first season free to iron out any kinks. Then if it doesnt get better in series 2 then theres no excuse.

FOUR DAYS TO GO UNTIL PART TWO (FAMILY OF BLOOD) WOOHOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours View Post
                          The way i've always worked with sci-fi shows is give them the first season free to iron out any kinks.
                          Iron out the kinks? But the kinks are the bits I watch for.

No seriously, I know what you mean. But it usually only takes me 3 or 4 eps to get into something. And if they don't hook me by then they've had it.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

The first series of shows that I watch aren't usually my favourites, SG-1, Atlantis, B5 and X Files to name a few, if I feel the same way about the second series I usually give up. The only show I've abandoned after the pilot was Torchwood

Comment

I am fairly committed unless there really is nothing in it for me. Heroes left me cold. LOST bored me to tears within 15 minutes and BSG just confused me.

I admit if I hadn't been a fan of Doctor Who I wouldn't have bothered with the New series. I really didn't get a lot out of Rose as an opener, but as a continuation of DW I could see where it was all leading so I stuck with it, I guess Torchwood gets that respect from me too.

With Rose as the opener I am actually surprised DW has so many new fans.

Comment

If the writing in this series gets any worse I might jump ship, there have been some excellent episodes, but at the moment the poor quality ones are slighty outnumbering the good ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X