• Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Yeah. I'll second that motion.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      I get what you're saying.

The bottom line IMO, is that there's only so much you can do with a TV budget.
      Spoiler:

Decamping to London to film in the recreated Globe Theatre for "The Shakespeare Code" must've taken a fair sized chunk out of the company coffers.

I for one am curious as to how 1930s Manhattan is gonna be faked, in 2007 Cardiff, on a TV budget for eps. 4-5 "Daleks in Manhattan", and "Evolution of the Daleks".

I understand that which is why sometimes we get just your standard (pardon the pun) down to earth back and forth time epis . You have to remember that Cardiff isnt the only place in Wales they film they use other towns aswell .
      Yes it will be interesting to see what they do but im more interseted in the story lines that what the city looks like behind them .
      At least there not stuck in some quarry somewhere lol waiting for the Darleks to catch up with em cos the grounds too rough or you can see the blokes feet . We have seen more fantastic stuff in the last two seasons than we ever did in the original . We should celebrate that rather than pick everything RTD does to bits .
      How many shows give your average child the chance to have his/her monster made and staring in one of their favourite sci-fi shows !!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Skydiver; 04 April 2007, 06:57 AM.

Comment

ShadowMaat and Anubis69 - Two words, "common" and "knowledge".

Am I the only person who reads TV Zone and the like?

Good God in Govan! The Radio Times had a sixteen page preview of the new series in last weeks issue - including a full rundown of every episode, guest stars, and episode title with comments by RTD.

I mean, "Daleks in Manhattan" - What the blazes do you think it's gonna be about?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Actually, I wasn't aware of the ep title, but even so that doesn't tell us the time that it takes place. And the last time I checked magazine articles were supposed to be tagged BECAUSE they're full of spoilers and because not everyone has access to or interest in reading the various magazines.

Does that mean I could say, "I can't believe O'Neill is going to die when Earth blows up" and not use spoiler tags because I'd read it in a magazine?

Comment

Am I the only person who reads TV Zone and the like?
            Not everyone gets the magazine. And thanks to the delays in world wide shipping, even those that subscribe to it can get it weeks after it comes out.

Future titles are not spoilers per se, but the plot of them is.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Not everyone gets the magazine. And thanks to the delays in world wide shipping, even those that subscribe to it can get it weeks after it comes out.

Future titles are not spoilers per se, but the plot of them is.
              Ok, point taken. I shall do my best to behave in the future.

Honestly Skydiver old girl, this is the second time you've had to rap me across the knuckles lately. Whatever must you think of me?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Spoiler:

I for one am curious as to how 1930s Manhattan is gonna be faked, in 2007 Cardiff.
                Lots of interiors, and rumor has it there was a little filming actually done over in
                Spoiler:
                New York
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                  Lots of interiors, and rumor has it there was a little filming actually done over in
                  Spoiler:
                  New York
                  Fair enough.

When was the last time that an ep of Dr. Who was filmed in forn parts? anyone have any idea?
                  Last edited by BruTak; 04 April 2007, 07:21 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Fair enough.

When was the last time that an ep of Dr. Who was filmed in forn parts? anyone have any idea?
                    I cant think of any apart from the film !!!! does that count

Comment

Originally posted by SG72 View Post
                      I cant think of any apart from the film !!!! does that count
                      Yeah, that counts.
                      If memory serves, there was part of a Fourth Doctor story - "City of Death" - which was filmed in Paris. Also some of a Fifth Doctor story (I forget the title) that was filmed in Greece, I think, somewhere sunny anyway...
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that counts.
                        If memory serves, there was part of a Fourth Doctor story - "City of Death" - which was filmed in Paris. Also some of a Fifth Doctor story (I forget the title) that was filmed in Greece, I think, somewhere sunny anyway...
                        I think you just shot yourself in the foot lol fair enough they are not recent ones apart from the film but they were shot on forn soil lol

Comment

I'm old, I have a bad memory that sometimes requires a prod, so sue me...
                          sigpic

Comment

Parts of The Two Doctors were filmed in Spain-- Seville or Andalucia.

Spoiler:
                            The parts in the Dona Arana (sp) house and out in the fields chasing... butterflies.
                            "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Right, so there's a precident. My point is it's been a while since the show filmed anything abroad.
                              sigpic

Comment

They can come to my house and film!!!

OK so I live in an apartment in Terre Haute, Indiana. They'd have to call the area "the sucking vacuum of the void" but I think everybody will know the truth.

I'll even bring sandwiches!!

"Did you say there would be CAKE??"
                                "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X