Smith and Jones (2901/301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't Scrubs. Or Grey's Anatomy. Or any other "doctors/nurses screwing each other's brains out" excuse for a so-called medical show. I'll take a hospital full of screaming fools over that any day.
    Amen, sister, amen!
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

"I don't have a brother. Not any more." or whatever the exact lines were - wasn't there speculation many many years ago that the Doctor and the Master were brothers?

Speaking of the Master, "Mister Saxon" is - as I've pointed out elsewhere - an anagram of "Master No. Six". Now taking into account the speculation that Life on Mars star John Simm is to play the Master, he would indeed be the sixth actor to have played the character.

Now, is it merely a coincindence, I wonder, that the name of Simm's Life on Mars character - Sam Tyler - is an anagram of "Masterly".

Hmmmm... *strokes chin thoughtfully*
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You have far too much time on your hands BruTak I think John Simm would make a great Master

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          You have far too much time on your hands BruTak I think John Simm would make a great Master
          Well, it was my good friend Cap'n Dave who pointed out the "Master No. Six" thing, and drinking buddy Jinxx who came up with "Masterly", so blame them.

I'd kind of like Phillip Glenister to play the Master a la Gene Hunt - "I am the Master, an' I'm 'avin 'oops!"
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            "I don't have a brother. Not any more." or whatever the exact lines were - wasn't there speculation many many years ago that the Doctor and the Master were brothers?
            It doesn't necessarily have to be the Master, you know... As we know, he has a grand-daughter, so it is within the realm of possibility for him to have had an assortment of family.
            That said, I did read in the Nth Doctor that there were a number of potential movie scripts tauting the idea of the Master as the Doctor's half brother. I also heard murmurings on Outpost Gallifrey that before Roger Delgado's death, the showrunners were going to make an announcement pertaining to the Master/Doctor relationship.
            Personally, I don't know... it could just be a throwaway line by RTD to get the fans het up. To me the simplest answer is that it is a reference to the Time Wars and the fact that he's the only Gallifreyan left.

Speaking of the Master, "Mister Saxon" is - as I've pointed out elsewhere - an anagram of "Master No. Six". Now taking into account the speculation that Life on Mars star John Simm is to play the Master, he would indeed be the sixth actor to have played the character.

Now, is it merely a coincindence, I wonder, that the name of Simm's Life on Mars character - Sam Tyler - is an anagram of "Masterly".

You're sure you're not Chinese?

I wouldn't mind John Simms in the part... He could pull it off but he would be a much more angsty Master than what we've seen in the past.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
              You're sure you're not Chinese?
              Whatever gave you that notion? I'm Scottish - pale blue in colour.
              sigpic

Comment

Whatever gave you that notion? I'm Scottish - pale blue in colour.
                Only because the Chinese have a long tradition of divining information from names and numbers.

I don't know why but after watching this recent episode, it occurred to me that DT would make a very interesting Willy Wonka. Must be something about the radiation wriggle dance.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, maybe we can start a new craze for Dr. Who conventions?

"Ladies and Gentlemen - take your partners for the Radiation Wiggle Dance!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Blimey - I have been out of touch here! I was wondering whether the 'Saxon' poster had any meaning myself - and here's a whole world of speculation that I knew nothing about! I had no idea that the Master might be raising his head again - that is definitely worth waiting for!

I bow before the superior speculators; I am truly not worthy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, this is from memory, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

There were four instances of Mr. Saxon's name appearing in one form or another: 1 - A newspaper headline. 2 - Mentioned in passing by Martha. 3 - A radio (or TV) news report. 4 - The "Vote Saxon" posters.
                      sigpic

Comment

There was a "Vote Saxon" poster in Torchwood as well. As one would expect. Just thought i'd throw that in there, although it could have been mentioned already...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                          There was a "Vote Saxon" poster in Torchwood as well. As one would expect. Just thought i'd throw that in there, although it could have been mentioned already...
                          Well, DUH! Of COURSE it's been mentioned! Tch!

Just kidding. If the Torchwood poster has been mentioned, it wasn't on this thread.

I just hope they aren't gonna be overbearing with the Saxon references. These things work better when they're subtle. In my opinion.

Comment

I didn't really like this episode. David Tennant holds the screen very well, but the latest assistants just seem a little dazed, ordinary, and maybe a bit too common as well. The way Jones kept repeating we're on the moon, blah blah, before re-emphasising it with bloody just seemed unreal. I like Doctor Who, but I think it needs to be a bit more intelligent from now on, like the old series were. It seems to be quite linear to appeal to the English youth.

Comment

Hmm. I've seen some of the first eps of the first Doctor and the whole wad of 'em- Doctor included- acted like idiots a few times and got into some fairly stupid situations. I thought that was half the fun of the show, but then, maybe I'm not intelligent enough to appreciate what I've been missing. LOL!

I'm also going to assume that "old series" isn't referring to the stuff with Billie Piper because while Rose was many things, highly intelligent was not one of them. Clever, maybe, good at putting things together sometimes, but more intelligent than Martha? Mmm... not likely. Although I suppose Rose has strengths over Martha just as Martha has strengths over Rose. *shrug*

It's a bit hard to tell after only one ep, but I wouldn't say S29 is shaping up to be stupider than S28. I'd have to see more of the early early seasons to make a good judgment on that, but what I've seen (and read) didn't seem significantly smarter than what we're getting now.

Comment

By "old series" we mean anything from the 1963-1989 era of Dr. Who.

Clear?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X