No announcement yet.

Gridlock (2903/303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the most plot-holed ep in years. If I hadn't enjoyed the story and characters I'd probably care about the massive inconsistencies.

Ardal O'Hanlon's cat person was lovely. And the kittens - LOL at the very idea.

For some reason I really liked Martha for how she had this great idea to turn everything off, and then said "I saw it on a film... I wish I could remember what to do next." It just indicates that although she's going to have to rely on the Doctor a lot, she's still going to be as proactive as she can be.

I remember Gallifrey as a rather barren heath (in t5D) but DT made his description of the beautiful parts so convincing and fond that I have no doubt that all the most amazing sights in the universe were once to be found on Gallifrey. (Poor old Doctor. :: sniff, sob ::)

Madeleine

Comment

I realy loved this one. Fantastic to see the FOB again. Was sad that he died. The message was precitable but thats what spoilers do for ya ! Liked Branigan and the kittens. My favourite so far.
      Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

Wasn't the barren bit of Gallifrey the 'Death Zone' or something like it from The Five Doctors, I think it was a self contained bit of the planet where the Timelords played with other races for sport, before the days of Rassilon. Appart from that the only bits of Gallifrey I remember is the Council chambers

You're welcome Missster F, I used to sing it a lot in the church choir

Comment

Best lines of the episode:
          "You are not alone"
          "Oh, don't die on me now you big old face!" - I thought this one was brilliant!

Im glad the Doctor is finally opening up to Martha and moving on from Rose. Im liking Marthas reactions to the Doctor keep going on about Rose. Its about time he moved on.

=]
          Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

I really enjoyed that episode despite the huge amount of plot holes. Here's another one: surely when they shut down everything on board the car it would stop flying.

Like most people I guessed the face of Boe's secret. What did happen to the rest of Boe kind though? It can't have just been age because in the long game he was expecting a daughter, she would presumably be younger than him.

Comment

It could've been worse...

Instead of "You are not alone...", it might have been "I am your father... - or "There can be only one...", or (god forbid) "I can see your TARDIS from up here...".
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                It could've been worse...

Instead of "You are not alone...", it might have been "I am your father... - or "There can be only one...", or (god forbid) "I can see your TARDIS from up here...".
                I was half expecting the "I am you Father" line too

Comment

Another great episode. I thought it was better than Smith and Jones, but not as good as The Shakespeare Code.

I liked the story, and the writing and acting were really good. Special effects were excellent.

David Tennant was fantastic in it.

I'm amazed this galaxy is still going, what with all the "scourges" it's had.

"I've invented a sport!"
                  The kittens thing was sweet. "Ah, that's nice..."

But, if everybody died 24 years except for the people in the motorway, who were all the people outside it? And Brannigan and his family had only been on it for 12 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    I was half expecting the "I am you Father" line too
                    Hey, great minds think alike.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                      But, if everybody died 24 years except for the people in the motorway, who were all the people outside it? And Brannigan and his family had only been on it for 12 years...
                      Everybody in the overcity died. Those in the undercity (including the motorway) lived. People were in the undercity before they went to the motorway (remember, "Everyone goes to the motorway in the end"). Over the years, more and more cars have joined the motorway as people decided to leave the undercity... but all the exits are closed so everyone just ends up trapped on the motorway.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many people will be singing The Old Rugged Cross on the M25 tomorrow morning

Comment

Right then you lot - the campaign to give Brannigan and his family their own series starts here! Who's with me?
                          Not sure about having their own series, but I thought Ardal O'Hanlon was fab!!

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                          I've a feeling the Master will be making an appearance this series.
                          Me too! I hope so anyway!

Wonderfully bizarre episode! S29 has been excellent so far. Good acting and snappy writing...and I'm really liking Martha.

Last edited by Elinor; 15 April 2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            I wonder how many people will be singing The Old Rugged Cross on the M25 tomorrow morning
                            Yeah, I kind of wondered if Sally Calypso was based on the delightful Ms. Sally Boazman from Radio 2?
                            sigpic

Comment

I can agree with the "Martha sounded like Rose" thing. There were a few times I got confused.

I still don't understand how ONLY the overcity could die. And how it could be EVERYONE practically all at once. But whatever. Cute lil' kitties!

BTW, did the fish mobile look Seussian to anyone else? Very One Fish, Two Fish, IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of wondered if Sally Calypso was based on the delightful Ms. Sally Boazman from Radio 2?
                                Ahh the wonderful Sally Traffic, it'll be nice to think she was

Comment

Working...
                                X