No announcement yet.

Doomsday (2813/213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've no idea who she is but I still felt resentment when she popped up. With what had just happened and and the tears and then there's this random woman in a wedding dress in the middle of the TARDIS.

I said what the Doctor said but with a slightly different emphasis.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Sob! Cry! Wail!

Such a great episode, but such a sad ending.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I didn't feel any resentment at all, but then, I was ready to move on. *shrug* Methinks the Doctor is going to have his hands full with that one, and I feel a vicious sort of glee at the prospect. It'll be nice to see someone who doesn't hero worship the Doctor.

Comment

I loved that episode, definately one of my favorates. But it still doesn't explain why it "will be the last story [Rose] will ever tell. And why did the Timelords put Daleks in a prison with their transportation machines and guns, surely it would be safer to just imprison the actual Dalek?

Comment

Probably a lot easier to throw something in a cell and slam the door than to capture, sedate and find a way to get into it. Quicker too, there were a lot of Daleks in there.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I thought I would unleash my own personal thoughts.

I liked the ep, didn't mind the ship, never really have done, but as soon as Rose said "I love you" something twanged and I found myself not seeing the scene as powerful as I did.

I think it would have been SO much better, to leave it at the point where Rose said "I L-"

And choked. I worked out what she was trying to say, everyone knew it, leaving it at that would have been so much more powerful for me. I liked the Doctor not saying it back mind.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against ship or anything, I personally just felt it would have been more powerful had it not been so blatant.

Anyone feel the same/different?

Comment

I agree. She DID choke initially. I wish she'd just looked at him all hopeless and tearful and the Doctor had picked up the cue and said something about "me too" and how utterly brilliant she was, "..and I-" and THEN have him cut out. Makes it a little more ambiguous. He could as easily have been ready to say "I wouldn't trade that for anything" as "I love you" and without it actually being said by anyone... it'd just have made me a bit happier.

I hope they aren't going to ship the Doctor with the new Companion. I've had enough of that for one show, thank you.

Comment

Yup, totally agree, what you described would have been the perfect scene for me. Ambiguity can be frustrating, but that's what makes it so powerful in the ship world.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                    He could have actually been trying to say, "I am really gonna miss that cornbeef sandwich you used to make every Tuesday...."

Good review!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid

1) Now we know which is the ultimate killing machine in the universe. Those wussy Cybermen didn't have a chance. Maybe the real Cybermen would. Our Cybermen. But those stupid, ugly, fake RTD reboot of Cybermen are wussies. Such big wussies that even the British Military could destroy one...which reminds me....

2) Does the UK even have a military?? As soon as the ghosts pop up, I would put them on the streets as a saftey messure. Any crazy person in charge would. In the meantime, the Cybermen are in people's homes, on the streets, in Starbucks and no one really seems to even be trying to stop them.

It reminds me of Age of Steel, when those faux-Cybermen were entering the house with the President of England, and there was no secret service around to protect him from any threat. I mean, even the Prime Minister of a small island in the middle of the south pacific has a body guard that sticks to him like his shadow, and here are the faux-Cybermen coming through the walls like Kool-Aid man, and no one is even trying to fight back. That's what this episode was pretty much about. The Cybermen have their way with England like Kobe Bryant at a Ramada Inn bar....

I'm trying desperatly hard not to be offended by the comments you made about the British military and the way cybermen must be weak if the British forces can destroy one.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that no offence was meant.... any elaboration?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well I think all he is getting at is that we didn't see any large-scale response by the military, just some fighting on a bridge somewhere. We did see mass fire's and stuff from the top of canary wharf, but didn't see alot of troops or armor.

I suppose that would have taken some of the heat off the doctor if we had seen them, and the pressure must be on him to keep up the suspence and pace of the story.

I don't think he's having a go at our military, it's just they were never apparently deployed in the ep. We never really saw them.

But I'm sure our stuff can take down cybermen, our army has good stuff...mostly, as long as you don't throw them in sand..

Comment

I have mixed reactions to this one. Not because it wasn't well done but because emotionally it tried to push buttons that I didn't want pushed. I thought David Tennant and Billie Piper were really good in what they had to do but I've become increasingly uncomfortable with the ambiguous romantic nuances throughout S2.

Am I so terrible that I feel relieved that Rose and the Doctor are parted? Romance aside, I'm glad that they wanted to have such a strong female lead so early on but more than once I've felt that Dr Who was becoming the Rose and Doctor show. I realise that the Doctor has always had a wide range of experiences with his companions but until now, I have never felt that anyone of them has "usurped" his place as the impetus on the show. I can guess why they did it... perhaps to help fans transition from Eccleston to Tennant... but I'm more interested in finding out more about the Time War and what that did to the Doctor emotionally than I am about how Rose is burning a candle for the Doctor.

Like Shadow, I'm really looking forward to this new companion... she sounds refreshingly brusque. I've missed the antagonistic companion. I'm not familiar with Christine Tate's previous outings so I'm happy to take her as she comes. I like the way she was introduced... so suddenly... but so typical of Doctor Who. The Doctor always moves on... or is forced to move on by circumstances. Great stuff!

Now, when are we going to see the Face of Boe again?
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes, I would be very interested in finding out more about the Time War, and the Face of Bo's secret etc. That stuff I find really interesting and exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                              But I'm sure our stuff can take down cybermen, our army has good stuff...mostly, as long as you don't throw them in sand..
                              Oh yeah, we're sorted for any conflict...as long as it takes place in Northern Europe.

Comment

Hay dont knock out military, your stuck in the sand to, american!
                                There was enough going on without a three minute montage of Cybermen VS military battles.
                                i know people disliked the shippyness, but there ARE shippers who would have gone insane if they didnt have the extra shippyness, it was Roses last episode, let there be limited shippyness.
                                Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                                X