No announcement yet.

Doomsday (2813/213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was smashing. I'm not entirely sure why opening the void caused all the void-things to be sucked in - that's not what happenned the first time the void was opened - but when the shape of the story is this exciting and when the acting and dialogue is this good I can ignore plot holes. (Is the Void a plot hole or a Plot Hole? ).

Glad Rose has gone. I liked her, but I'm ready for something new now. And I liked Jackie in small doses, but I was getting bored of Pete. Mickey didn't get to do much this ep, but I'm glad he ended up with Rose. And I'm glad she got to see that he was as capable of being a hero as she was. He was on the slow side, but he was a decent bloke and I don't think she'll undervalue him like she always used to anymore.

i'm relieved that they never went towards fullblown shippiness. It's readable as that for them as want shippiness, but to me it was affectionate love, not romantic love. Certainly on his side it's like that. On hers it doesn't bother me if I see her wanting more as it's been a theme of the whole 2nd/28th series that she's wanting to always stay with the Doctor and he and we have known that that was just not going to happen. Seeing her getting ever more attatched just made it more of a wrench when the end finally came.

I liked how their final meeting place was Bad Wolf Fjord.

Madeleine

Comment

Great episode, lot of drama
      one thing i didnt get though, they said that the Genesis Ark was the last thing from the Time-Lord homeworld, but in the 2006 movie the world was still there, so did the war with the Darlics happen after the movie and before the 2005-6 series or was it a common misconception, lot of confusion.
      I'm not to familier with the old series
      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        As for yvone, well perhaps the cyber conversion process was not complete. Or it could be intense emotion and a 'mind over matter' type thing because in the Tomb of the Cybermen one person was cyber converted and he 'overcame' his programming to fight against the beings that turned him into a 'monster'.
        The conversion process went wrong - this is why Jackie was able to escape. The whole Yvonne thing was ok, but I wasn't sure it worked to be honest.

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        I just wonder if this means the end for the Cybermen considering the barriers between dimensions have been sealed...supposedly. Could it mean that Earth (after seeing the Cybermen) attempts to recreate the way the Cybermen were created and accidentally create our Earths version of Daleks? I mean if there was a Lumic in one reality then there could be a Lumic in ours. Or would we meet the original Cybermen of Mondas who would be wayyyy more advanced then Earth based Cybermen or did a few Cybermen actually survive falling into the void and will rebuild?
        I wondered this, that if the alternative reality has cybermen, and it is almost a mirror if this reality, would there not be an alternative doctor?!

'All of this has happened before
        And all of this will happen again
        So say we all.'

Comment

I had that same thought, there should be another Doctor, because the only difference between the universes was that Pete survived which led another set of events.
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Well here goes... I wasn't really impressed at all with this. It was not as good as last years PotW didn't even come close.

Too shippy, I don't want to know if she loved him and no I did not cry at all!

Actually it was one of my least fave eps, total waste of the Daleks, they deserve better then to be used as a plot device so Rose can weep over The Doctor I wish they had of killed her. I don't hate Rose but having her alive means one day they may revisit this Shippy rubbish and I don't want that ever to happen again.

The Cybermen never stood a chance against the Daleks blind Freddy could see that, they never have been much chop as enemies anyway. I liked the Geniuses being TimeLord tech and a prison, nice twist but so would it have been if Davros had been inside it! Again a total waste of the Daleks.

I can't quite put my finger on what I really didn't like but there is just something about this ep that seems so unresolved and no I don't mean the Shipping! Maybe that is where the Bride comes in... Lol! It Romana III!

Oh and bummed no end that we didn't see Capt Jack. I can't wait until August! I want him now.

In short OK but I wasn't pleased. *yeah I know weird for me too* Glad I changed my username when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              Well here goes... I wasn't really impressed at all with this. It was not as good as last years PotW didn't even come close.

Too shippy, I don't want to know if she loved him and no I did not cry at all!

Actually it was one of my least fave eps, total waste of the Daleks, they deserve better then to be used as a plot device so Rose can weep over The Doctor I wish they had of killed her. I don't hate Rose but having her alive means one day they may revisit this Shippy rubbish and I don't want that ever to happen again.
              I was really hoping that one of the daleks would bounce off the wall and clip Rose on the way into the void, taking her into the void with it.
              The soppy stuff at the end was a bit much for me. I would have prefered it to have ended with them one either side of the wall when it faded to black.

The whole Catherine Tate thing has me riled, Peter Kay was ok until he opened his mouth and I am just dreading the whole xmas special thang.
              I can just see the conversation in the xmas special going something along the lines of this:
              Dr: I'm the doctor of course
              Tate: But do I look bovvered though...

So many better actors out there to cast, would have prefered an unknown or nearly-unknown actor.

The best part for me was the dalek/cyberman playground taunts

'All of this has happened before
              And all of this will happen again
              So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                Don't hate you, but disagree .

We don't know what he was going to say, it may have been "I love you" it may not. It could have easily have been "You were fantastic and so was I". Or knowing the Doctor's tendencies towards things like this something stupid about banannas or teaspoons, though I doubt it.

Even with all the not so sub texty shippyness, love doesn't mean ship. We know he loves her. You don't do what the Doctor has done for Rose without love. Whatever kind of love doesn't matter.

Whatever he was going to say, I'd have been fine with it. The fact that we'll never know was quite beautiful, incredibly sad but beautiful.
                hear hear, well said

Comment

Must... Stop...Crying!!!

I loved that episode. It had it all. What a brilliant ending. And I love the comments between the Daleks and the Cybermen. Come on, I mean "THis is not war, this is pest control"! A dalek with a sense of humour! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't everyone just want to give the Doctor a big hug!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                    Great episode, lot of drama
                    one thing i didnt get though, they said that the Genesis Ark was the last thing from the Time-Lord homeworld, but in the 2006 movie the world was still there, so did the war with the Darlics happen after the movie and before the 2005-6 series or was it a common misconception, lot of confusion.
                    I'm not to familier with the old series
                    What 2006 film? The McGann one ten years ago? That was before the Time War.
                    Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                    - General Hammond

Comment

Brilliant ending! I didn't cry but it was very emotional. Dont like what they did with the Daleks though, it was too quick, I wanted more action, they could've made this episode last a bit longer then normal.

As for Catherine Tate, dont get me started Out of all the actors in the world why her?! I agree with what Othere, I would've preferred an unknown actor too.

I loved the conversation between the Daleks and the Cybermen, one of the best parts of the ep

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

just ignore Cathrine Tate, and if you dislike shippyness, put up with it because there are people who do, i think it was handled very well.
                        Hola

Hello

Comment

Other than a few tiny niggles (why did they all go through the window), it was an awesome episode. Thank God for "Emerency Temporal Shift!" - means the Daleks aren't gone.

Dalek/Cybermen banter was great. "You are better at dying."

Bad Wolf Bay!

Thought the Bride bit at the end spoiled the mood, although I liked the Doctor's reaction. I'd have been happy for the Christmas one to start at that point, and have the end of 'Doomsday' as the beginning of the Christmas ep, instead of introducing the Bride at the end of this episode.

Rose will be a tough act to follow.
                          I wonder if the new companion will be introduced in the Christmas ep, or if the Doctor will be alone for it.
                          Last edited by Naonak; 09 July 2006, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            That was smashing. I'm not entirely sure why opening the void caused all the void-things to be sucked in - that's not what happenned the first time the void was opened
                            I assume it's a matter of how you open the door. Up until now, the door opened from the Void into our universe, but the Doctor fiddled with the controls so that it opened from our universe into the Void. That's probably still a little iffy, but it works a bit better than the Void just randomly deciding to snatch everything back into itself.

My question(s), however, would be how did all the Cybermen manage to already be in place all over the world as soon as the Void opened? And even if we accept that, how come in order to get them back into the void they all had to go through the hole/doorway in Torchwood Tower? Shouldn't they have been yanked back right where they were? AND how come the Cybers could only come through when the doorway was open, but Pete's crew could pop back and forth whenever they wished? Just a case of "too much mass" on the Cybers' part or what?

Had a really weird dream last night about a couple of Daleks trying to hide inside some K-9 units. Showing affection to the K-9s made the dogs happy and drove the Daleks insane with anger. LOL! Very very strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                              Rose will be a tough act to follow.
                              I wonder if the new companion will be introduced in the Christmas ep, or if the Doctor will be alone for it.
                              According to the BBC Martha will be introduced in the first episode of Season 3/29

Comment

I think I'm glad I don't know who this Tate person is, because just seeing everyone b**** about being "bovvered" is starting to annoy me. At least I'll be able to watch the Christmas ep without any preconceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X