X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You will defeat 5 million cybermen, with four daleks!??"

"We could defeat the cybermen with one dalek."

THat whole scene was funny.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
      For Trivia's sake, Deus Ex Machina more or less means 'god-sent'.
      Soooooo

A Hail Mary? :-p

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Othere
        Am I bovvered though...whatever!!!
        Catherine Tate...WTF!!!!
        Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that

Comment

It was an all round great episode. I too was confused as to why the Genesis Ark looked like it was made by the Daleks, even though it was established it was made by the Timelords. The Doctor and Rose shippiness finally got on my nerves though (it didnt before in the season). Im glad they finally explained the Doctors 3D specs. And Catherine Tate in a wedding dress at the end?!? WTF!!!

It was kinda obvious that the Daleks would ultimatly prove to be more supirior then the Cybermen. It was still cool to see them face off against each other though.

I know the daleks and cybermen were all supposed to have been sucked through back to the void but did anyone actually notice any cybermen flying through the Torchwood wall, it only looked like the Daleks going to me.

We can expect the Daleks to be back though because the black leader used its 'emergency temporal shift'. Lets see what happens in season 29...

9.5/10
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I liked it: my only two qualms were :

1) JAckie and Pete...dunno why...just...you could see it was emotional, and meant to be, but didnt click.

2) Tate at the end - just didnt click either, plus she didnt look like a nice bride

OTHERWISE: I LOVED it.

I didnt expect the G.Ark to be a prison, I expected it to open with Davros or the Master!

I missed all but the last two episodes of this season (kept up with major bits tho) so first proper show of the Cybermen, and the taunting between the two was GREAT!

Especially about how the Cybermen can die easier

OH OH OH! The fact that the Dalek Supreme Time shifted!!!! Thats gonna rock for me! Will he be back, will he hide and regrow the Daleks, will he rust...shocker!

All in all 9.9/10!

Blitz xxxxxxx
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
              Ok. I'm going to be hated for this...
              Problem 2.

My GOD, the shippiness made me want to DIE. The Doctor really was about to say he loved Rose. NO, GOD NO, WHY!?!?!
              Don't hate you, but disagree .

We don't know what he was going to say, it may have been "I love you" it may not. It could have easily have been "You were fantastic and so was I". Or knowing the Doctor's tendencies towards things like this something stupid about banannas or teaspoons, though I doubt it.

Even with all the not so sub texty shippyness, love doesn't mean ship. We know he loves her. You don't do what the Doctor has done for Rose without love. Whatever kind of love doesn't matter.

Whatever he was going to say, I'd have been fine with it. The fact that we'll never know was quite beautiful, incredibly sad but beautiful.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                Don't hate you, but disagree .

We don't know what he was going to say, it may have been "I love you" it may not. It could have easily have been "You were fantastic and so was I". Or knowing the Doctor's tendencies towards things like this something stupid about banannas or teaspoons, though I doubt it.

Even with all the not so sub texty shippyness, love doesn't mean ship. We know he loves her. You don't do what the Doctor has done for Rose without love. Whatever kind of love doesn't matter.

Whatever he was going to say, I'd have been fine with it. The fact that we'll never know was quite beautiful, incredibly sad but beautiful.
                Totaly agreed, although Doctor 10 tends to say "Brilliant", it was 9 that said "Fantastic"
                Interesting note, on watching it a third time (i videoed it just so i could watch it over and over) i notised that it was a Dalek Supreme that teliported, NOT the Cult of Skaro Dalek Sec (he didnt have the little logo and wasnt all black).
                Interesting note.
                Hola

Hello

Comment

Hadn't quite noticed 10's tendency to say brilliant (blushes), but the use of 9's fantastic in there was intended.

I can't distinguish Dalek's other than by colour, was there more than one black one? I kept thinking the one that disappeared was going to pop back and off Rose on front of the Doctor. I'm not quite sure whether that would have been worse or not...

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    The thing I'm more interested in is the fact that Yvonne only belongs in this reality. Does that mean she wasn't sucked into the void and we'll be seeing cyberyvonne again?
                    As I understood it, the quick-and-easy path to "upgrade" involved sticking the brain into a cyber body.

In order to get that many cyber bodies without arousing suspicion, they must have brought them from the alternate reality.

So they could get sucked into the void too.

As for the Genesis Arc looking like Dalek tech - it was a prison built to hold Daleks... why not make it look like that. It was a war. Function over form etc...

Anyway, fantastic ep, made better by the fact that I have no idea who Catherine Tate is.

I just thought "What?"
                    Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                    - General Hammond

Comment

"Brilliant" episode Made me laugh (Cybermen vs Dalek - absolutely classic) and, yes, cry. Whether or not that is real 'ship, it was very sad. I really didn't like Catherine Tate appearing all of a sudden - killed the mood. Writers can't even let the Doctor have a few moments to himself.

I admit to being a shipper and I think it was handled alright for both sides of the fence (he didn't say anything, so it's left open - I don't mind that - that's what fanfiction is for afterall).

I did find the running hugs a bit annoying in the episode. I honestly had no idea what was going on with Cybervonne but I guess that's all she thought of in her life and all she thought of in her "death" so...it could happen.

Comment

Loved the episode the Cybermen and Dalek banter was hilarious and i personally expected that response from the Daleks about that alliance. I felt sorry for the Cybermen because they could not come up with that type of humour that the Daleks were employing even though it was a nasty type of humour. Not surprised that the Cybermen got massacred since Dalek tech is wayyy more advanced then humans and thought that the Cybermen had an advantage in numbers which disappeared once the Ark was opened.

I think a person commented here saying that the Dalek Cult of Skaro leader seemed too human well I think that might be the point because they were supposed to 'act' like their enemy. I personally thought it made them somewhat unique and cool. What was really scary was how Rose ticked off that Dalek Supreme about destroying the Emperor, if the Doctor didnt come then its likely she would have be killed. And of course the 'initiate emergency temporal shift' shows to us that we know that the Daleks will return and 'take their rightful place as the SUPREME POWER OF THE UNIVERSE!'

As for yvone, well perhaps the cyber conversion process was not complete. Or it could be intense emotion and a 'mind over matter' type thing because in the Tomb of the Cybermen one person was cyber converted and he 'overcame' his programming to fight against the beings that turned him into a 'monster'.

I just wonder if this means the end for the Cybermen considering the barriers between dimensions have been sealed...supposedly. Could it mean that Earth (after seeing the Cybermen) attempts to recreate the way the Cybermen were created and accidentally create our Earths version of Daleks? I mean if there was a Lumic in one reality then there could be a Lumic in ours. Or would we meet the original Cybermen of Mondas who would be wayyyy more advanced then Earth based Cybermen or did a few Cybermen actually survive falling into the void and will rebuild?

Also I was surprised that the Genesis Ark was a prison, I personally thought it was some kind of weapon that would turn Earth into mutants so they could be turned into Daleks or something like that (as the Dalek Emperor did). Guess it was the Genesis in the name that made me think that I agree with Mr. Clark also about the shape. It was a prison FOR Daleks not just a prison because think about it...if the Time Lords put anyone else in there then they would have been EX-TER-MINATED!

Finally, another new bit of information was the mention of the Battle of Arcadia. That was interesting and wondered what the Doctor meant about 'coming to terms' with what he did. It kind of reminds me of the Beasts comment about the Doctor being the 'killer of his own kind'. Does it mean that the Doctor sacrificed his own race to destroy the Daleks? Still, love the exploration of the Time War and how it has affected the universe.

I think that my only qualm with the episode was that the Pete and Jackie scene was kind of drawn out a bit long. Loved the ending though because it meant 'and off to another wacky adventure' though must admit I will kind of miss Rose.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Pete/Jackie scene went on too long. All those Cybermen and Daleks around and not one of them intruded to spare us that reunion?

Kudos to whoever called Rose winding up with her family being reunited. I suppose it WAS inevitable. *sigh*

YAY FOR JAKE!! I wuvs him. He didn't have much of a part this time around, but it was still good to see him again.

All the Cybermen/Dalek stuff was fantas- I mean, brilliant. Nothing quite beats two species trying to conquer the same planet at the same time (how embarrassing!) and then winding up fighting each other. Loved it!

I could have done without all the Rose blubbering. Oy. Can't say I got very emotional about it, but that's probably because Rose tends to come off as very selfish and spoiled, particularly where the Doctor is concerned and I'm kinda glad to see her parted from him.

D'you think the bride was introduced as a way of preventing all the Rose-lovers from focusing their hatred on the new Companion? Put a temp in between them as a buffer to receive all the outrage and anger sorta thing? I wonder which universe she's from...

Great ep, lots of great moments despite the gag-inducing shippiness. Knowing this was the end of Rose made that a lot easier to deal with, although I wish they hadn't had the Doctor on the verge of admitting he loved her, too. Yeah, he poofed before he said it to leave it open-ended, but does anyone honestly think he was about to say something else?

I suppose a case could be made that the Doctor loves ALL his Companions, to one degree or another. I could live with that. But leave the romance out of the equation, please. I don't want to see that kind of baggage tossed around.

So. Christmas. Ye gods, it's forever away...

*wanders off to read her Who novels in consolation*

edit: oh yeah, and yay for another mention of bad wolf!

Comment

Great episode. Can't wait for X-Mas for the Runaway Bride, I hope Captain Jack returns for that one. The Ending was awesome, and it was a cliffhanger, that was kinda cool. I loved the scene between the Dalek (without the "s" at the end) and the Cybermen.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved the initial exchange between them in particular.

Dalek: Identify yourself!
                              Cyberman: Identify yourself first!
                              Dalek: No, you first!
                              Cyberman: Nuh-uh, YOU first!
                              Dalek: Daleks do not take orders!
                              Cyberman: AHA! You're a Dalek!
                              Dalek: ****!

LOL!

Comment

I'm still in shock over what happened. I cried buckets the last ten minutes or so, and for quite a while afterwards, as well.
                                Poor Doctor. Poor Rose.

Comment

Working...
                                X