Doomsday (2813/213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Howcome they had to move into squalled underground tunnels in the new show. The Torchwood Tower didn't get knocked over or destroyed. Surely Jack and Co. could have set up shop in the old building?
    Goodness, I've never heard tunnels squall! How loud is it?
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Sometimes typos just give me the weirdest mental images..

They could have set up in London, I suppose, but Torchwood Three was already set up at the Rift in Cardiff, Wales. London is too far away to watch over it.

They would have had to set up another group in Cardiff to track the Rift activity, then move themselves to London, and that would have meant Torchwood could have gotten really big again, and it could have gotten out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
      Goodness, I've never heard tunnels squall! How loud is it?
      Sorry, couldn't resist. Sometimes typos just give me the weirdest mental images..

They could have set up in London, I suppose, but Torchwood Three was already set up at the Rift in Cardiff, Wales. London is too far away to watch over it.

They would have had to set up another group in Cardiff to track the Rift activity, then move themselves to London, and that would have meant Torchwood could have gotten really big again, and it could have gotten out of control.

Ah, good point. Yeah squalid was the word I was looking for damn typos

Yeah it it got too big it could get out of hand again. The first series though doesn't really set up how Jack came to be in charge. He's not in charge of the whole of Torchwood I know but just that group isn't it?

And I hope he got them to remove the Doctor from "enemy status" as there are other Torchwood groups out there.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Ah, good point. Yeah squalid was the word I was looking for damn typos

Yeah it it got too big it could get out of hand again. The first series though doesn't really set up how Jack came to be in charge. He's not in charge of the whole of Torchwood I know but just that group isn't it?

And I hope he got them to remove the Doctor from "enemy status" as there are other Torchwood groups out there.
        Exactly. In "The Sound of Drums" Jack
        Spoiler:
        tells the Doctor that after the battle of Canary Wharf, he rebuilt Torchwood as a small group, to help the human race, and he did it in the Doctor's honor. So, they're no longer hunting him down. At least, unless there are some renegades out there, anyway

Comment

Exactly. In "The Sound of Drums" Jack
          Spoiler:
          tells the Doctor that after the battle of Canary Wharf, he rebuilt Torchwood as a small group, to help the human race, and he did it in the Doctor's honor. So, they're no longer hunting him down. At least, unless there are some renegades out there, anyway

But that's the point. Aren't there other groups of Torchwood? Jack doesn't speak for the whole of Torchwood does he? I thought he only represented that particular group in Cardiff.

Comment

But that's the point. Aren't there other groups of Torchwood? Jack doesn't speak for the whole of Torchwood does he? I thought he only represented that particular group in Cardiff.
            He does, but the London group is basically gone and hasn't (as far as I know) been rebuilt, one Hub is missing and the other one is run by some humorless guy. Jack said all this in an ep of Torchwood, I just can't remember the specific explanation. Yes, he does only represent the Cardiff Torchwood, but for general purposes the Cardiff hub is the only one that exists. Or if there are others I don't think they're aware of what's going on in Cardiff.

Comment

The simple reason why Jack kept his Torchwood in Cardiff is the rift. He was waiting there for the Doctor to eventually return. It'd be a bit difficult to catch the Doctor in Cardiff if he's hanging around in London.

As for the rest of Torchwood, he's apparently in charge of it all. From the various discussions, it seems he took over all of Torchwood (he was already in charge of Cardiff) when Canary Wharf got destroyed. The Cardiff hub has all the dealings with UNIT and I think they mentioned some government paperwork at some point, so it seems to me that he's very much the head of all of Torchwood, not just Cardiff.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                He does, but the London group is basically gone and hasn't (as far as I know) been rebuilt, one Hub is missing and the other one is run by some humorless guy.
                Is he humourless or just 'odd'?
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  Is he humourless or just 'odd'?
                  or an Ood?

"There's something odd about the ood"

Well someone on the show said that and it was funny

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    Loved the episode the Cybermen and Dalek banter was hilarious and i personally expected that response from the Daleks about that alliance. I felt sorry for the Cybermen because they could not come up with that type of humour that the Daleks were employing even though it was a nasty type of humour. Not surprised that the Cybermen got massacred since Dalek tech is wayyy more advanced then humans and thought that the Cybermen had an advantage in numbers which disappeared once the Ark was opened.

But had these been the proper Cybermen from Mondas and not ones made by humans I think they might have stood a proper chance, and maybe even adapted to the Dalek guns.

As for yvone, well perhaps the cyber conversion process was not complete. Or it could be intense emotion and a 'mind over matter' type thing because in the Tomb of the Cybermen one person was cyber converted and he 'overcame' his programming to fight against the beings that turned him into a 'monster'.

All that "queen and country" stuff drove me nuts. Patriotism has its limits or was she brainwashed into that when she was inducted into this incarnation of Torchwood.

Ever so glad Jack took over.

I think because her armour is from void material she would have been pulled into the void. Just my thoughts.

Also I was surprised that the Genesis Ark was a prison, I personally thought it was some kind of weapon that would turn Earth into mutants so they could be turned into Daleks or something like that (as the Dalek Emperor did). Guess it was the Genesis in the name that made me think that I agree with Mr. Clark also about the shape. It was a prison FOR Daleks not just a prison because think about it...if the Time Lords put anyone else in there then they would have been EX-TER-MINATED!

I'm wondering why the Time Lords made something that looked like a Dalek and ss some others have said. Maybe the Daleks adapted it.

But how on Earth did they get their hands on it. Shouldn't the Ark have been hidden away somewhere, where no one could find it?

Anyway just my 2cents worth on this wonderful episode

And I loved all the shippyness.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                      I loved that episode, definately one of my favorates. But it still doesn't explain why it "will be the last story [Rose] will ever tell. And why did the Timelords put Daleks in a prison with their transportation machines and guns, surely it would be safer to just imprison the actual Dalek?

More to the point, how did the Timelords manage to get 4 million of them to get inside the Ark.

Comment

I'm wondering why the Time Lords made something that looked like a Dalek as some others have said. Maybe the Daleks adapted it.
                        Perhaps they made it look like a Dalek as a visual cue as to what was in it - like a hatbox?

More to the point, how did the Timelords manage to get 4 million of them to get inside the Ark.
                        Bigger on the inside, I guess......

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Coco Pops
                          I'm wondering why the Time Lords made something that looked like a Dalek as some others have said. Maybe the Daleks adapted it.

Perhaps they made it look like a Dalek as a visual cue as to what was in it - like a hatbox?

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Coco Pops

Bigger on the inside, I guess......

No I mean how did they get them to go into the Ark? You don't just tell a Dalek "you must go in there"

Comment

No I mean how did they get them to go into the Ark? You don't just tell a Dalek "you must go in there"
                            The put a sign on the front that said: "Free beer."

Sure, so the contents of the Genesis Ark weren't the broadest plungers in the pan, but 4 million Daleks is 4 million Daleks.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Replace the dryer with the Ark and change the signs to "Exterminate humans, this way!" and soon you'll have yourself an Ark full of Daleks.
                              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 15 May 2008, 09:23 AM. Reason: found a better image of it

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Replace the dryer with the Ark and change the signs to "Exterminate humans, this way!" and soon you'll have yourself an Ark full of Daleks.
                                BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X