Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
    I have only one complaint:

After all the drama and ship, I wish that the episode had ended with the Doctor alone. He could have met the bride in the next episode. Although, please, any of you who will be seeing 3/29 momentarily, please post lots of pictures and spoilers for us patient fans waiting for any news.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the DVD release, and I hope SciFi picks up 3/29 soon.
    Ah me too but I'm sure they didn't want the kiddies to be all depressed and sad. So they added what I thought was a so not funny scene but hey whatever. I would loved if they ended right after they cut back to the Tardis with The Doctor not saying I love you and crying.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

30 seconds at the end of this episode is better than 10 minutes trying to set it up in the Christmas special IMO. Thats why that scene at the end it there, and to keep the audience interested over the July-Christmas break of course
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Man I haven't seen this much kvetching in a long time.

Did the folks making a big deal about "I love you" not see that that was going on all along? Heck, it's been pretty out in the open to the audience since at least the ep where Sarah Jane Smith made a guest appearance.

And the folks who wanted Rose whacked *because* of the relationship element, what the heck? I mean, disliking the relationship is ok, but whack the character because of it?

No wait, I get it, Dalek impersonations. Never mind.

Rose ticked me off more than once but in S2 both Billie Piper and David Tennant grew on me-- both solid individually and some amazing chemistry between the two. I was consequently *not* happy knowing that she was going to go, and even less happy seeing it.

Bye-bye Rose. And I will *really* miss my weekly Billie Piper fix.

And hey, if you think it was becoming the Doctor and Rose show, you just don't appreciate the Doc Man enough. There's no And with The Doc. It's impossible. Go watch some old Doc and catch up. The Doc outshines all.
        Frak! --Apollo
        Frak you. --Cain
        FRAK Me! --Kat
        frakwit! --Tyrol
        B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Ah me too but I'm sure they didn't want the kiddies to be all depressed and sad. So they added what I thought was a so not funny scene but hey whatever.
          The toss-in of that scene was pretty typical of Doctor Who climaxes in my book, going back to beyond the 2005+ incarnation. I tweaked a little about it, but it felt true to the (entire Doctor Who) series.
          Frak! --Apollo
          Frak you. --Cain
          FRAK Me! --Kat
          frakwit! --Tyrol
          B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

i cried really hard when rose and the doctor had their heads up against the walls. so close, yet so far away.

i really did not like them adding the new girl this way. i thought they should have at least half an episode showing the doctor trying to make it on his own, but then realizing life isn't fun if you can't share it with someone. so then it would make sense that he would find another travelling companion.
            Save us from danger, save us from evil
            Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

The Cybermen's weapon reminded me of the Kull Warriors.
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

so then it would make sense that he would find another travelling companion.
                i don't know that doesnt sound right the doctor looking for some one to travelling with. it makes more sents that he just runs in to some one who wants to travel with him i mean he dident go looking for rose

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                  i don't know that doesnt sound right the doctor looking for some one to travelling with. it makes more sents that he just runs in to some one who wants to travel with him i mean he dident go looking for rose
                  I can see your point, but the transistion was too fast for me.

After two hours of tension and several minutes of drama (much weeping from all the major characters), this random woman in a bridal gown was just a bit sudden. I agree with Ruined-Puzzle about the ending. Oh well. I felt bad for the Doctor having to go from weeping for a lost lover to problem solving mode in thirty seconds or less.

Besides, do we know if the bride is the companion or if she represents some kind of problem that leads him to a new companion? Whichever, I'm sure she'll grow on me eventually.
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy View Post
                    i cried really hard when rose and the doctor had their heads up against the walls. so close, yet so far away.

i really did not like them adding the new girl this way. i thought they should have at least half an episode showing the doctor trying to make it on his own, but then realizing life isn't fun if you can't share it with someone. so then it would make sense that he would find another travelling companion.
                    The last doc/rose scene touched me too.
                    Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Still found the whole Doctor/Rose cry-fest very tedious and over-long.
                    Yeah I wish Rose could of said "I love you" earlier, instead of last minute.
                    It was an amazing episode!

I'm odd. I liked the ship, and while I don't want the Doctor romancing every companion, I didn't mind the I love yous at the end.
                    You are not alone. I enjoyed Rose/Doc ship too.
                    Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

I can see your point, but the transistion was too fast for me.

Besides, do we know if the bride is the companion or if she represents some kind of problem that leads him to a new companion? Whichever, I'm sure she'll grow on me eventually.
                      no shes not the companion she just in the one ep we won't see the new companion until the next season. i all ready know whos the new companion is but im sure you don't want spoilers

Comment

I felt bad for the Doctor having to go from weeping for a lost lover to problem solving mode in thirty seconds or less.
                        Thats kind of who he is though, even when he wasnt the last of the Time Lords, if something went wrong, it was always him, because the others wouldn't get involved in anything outside of their own affairs. Even when it was involving them, it was still him who had to save the world, because whether they liked him or not he was the best for the job, as shown in the climax of The Five Doctors. He never gets the chance to reflect, to mourn, to feel sorry for himslelf, he carries a burden like no other which prevents him from it, and that's almost certainly never going to change.

Tiny, companion related spoilers that are already posted in here
                        Spoiler:
                        As for The Bride, she's in The Runaway Bride (43 hours to go!!!!) and then the new companion will arrive in Series 3/29's premiere. I'd personally like a non-companion episode, just the Doctor, alone, ala Deadly Assasin, but it took years for them to build up the courage to do that way back when, so I'm not holding my breath
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

i'm going to miss rose and the doctor

i re watching the episode can't you tell

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                            Thats kind of who he is though, even when he wasnt the last of the Time Lords, if something went wrong, it was always him, because the others wouldn't get involved in anything outside of their own affairs. Even when it was involving them, it was still him who had to save the world, because whether they liked him or not he was the best for the job, as shown in the climax of The Five Doctors. He never gets the chance to reflect, to mourn, to feel sorry for himslelf, he carries a burden like no other which prevents him from it, and that's almost certainly never going to change.

Tiny, companion related spoilers that are already posted in here
                            Spoiler:
                            As for The Bride, she's in The Runaway Bride (43 hours to go!!!!) and then the new companion will arrive in Series 3/29's premiere. I'd personally like a non-companion episode, just the Doctor, alone, ala Deadly Assasin, but it took years for them to build up the courage to do that way back when, so I'm not holding my breath
                            Yes, and I understand your point, but I wanted five minutes of closure. I agree that it would not be fun to watch thirteen episodes of the Doctor musing "Why Me?" I just wanted him to find the bride the next morning or after lunch. The guy needed a good cry not some confused lady in white.

Oh well.

Thank you for the spoilers, and as far as I am concerned, spoil away. I will happily look in the tags for series 3/29 info.
                            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

The Daleks vs. Cybermen was funny IMHO.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                                i didn't mean that he would go looking for one, i just meant that we the viewers would then be able to see how him being alone makes him lonely. so then it would make sense for us that the writers would make a new travelling companion for him (no matter what way they add this new character).
                                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Working...
                                X