• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for Torchwood

Originally posted by The Signal
    You're assuming
    Spoiler:
    That she is an actual cyberwoman, note all that flesh, she's not just the brain and nerves, she's got skin and a face FCOL! If I had to hazard a guess I'd say Torchwood were trying to make their own Cyberpeople (its PC gone nuts I tells ya! )
    There is still no need for the
    Spoiler:
    cybersports bra
    and
    Spoiler:
    cyberthong
    . I smell a rat. A rat named 'this is a more grown up show so let's have some boobies'.
    Last edited by Madeleine; 08 October 2006, 09:34 PM.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
      Spoilers for Torchwood

There is still no need for the
      Spoiler:
      cybersports bra
      and
      Spoiler:
      cyberthong
      . I smell a rat. A rat named 'this is a more grown up show so let's have some boobies'.
      Hmmm, good point (prays for it not to be "Cooper Syndrome" (I coined that, y'all saw it) Perhaps it has something to do with the man in charge, this is Jack we're talking about
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal
        Hmmm, good point (prays for it not to be "Cooper Syndrome" (I coined that, y'all saw it) Perhaps it has something to do with the man in charge, this is Jack we're talking about
        Well, it's not the end of the world and so long as someone comments on it ironically, we may be okay.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

i love that frist convo with the cyberman and the dalkes that was great. then the doctor in the middle of it puting on thous 3D glaess.

Comment

14 brain cells! That's not a very nice thing to say is it!!

Doomsday was brilliant - like all the others - and why shouldn't the Doctor have a bit of romance - after 900 years he deserves a bit of female company don't you think??

Comment

Originally posted by Annij54 View Post
              900 years he deserves a bit of female company don't you think??
              Not especially, no.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                Not especially, no.
                Oh I don't know, I quite like the idea of the Doctor having a romantic interest. Just not as a companion (because that dooms it from the start) and most certainly not Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fate View Post
                  Wouldnt it be great to see an episode where rose meets up with the doctor of her new dimension and they take on the daleks. It would rock if it was an old doctor too.

That's the only thing in the episode that I didn't understand. It's implied in this episode from all the conversations between the Doctor & Rose and the Daleks that the Time Wars stretched through all dimensions, but it's also contradicted in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles View Post
                    That was bloody awesome. Loved the Dalek/Cyberman name calling. It was such a sad ending up until the point where Cathering Tate appeared and ruined it.
                    that pretty much sums up how i feel

amamzing epsidoe and a great way to end a season ....very sad ending

...but i'm going to miss rose and the doctor being together

Comment

Still found the whole Doctor/Rose cry-fest very tedious and over-long. Ditto the Jackie/Pete reunion. I am so OVER the whole Tyler family.

It was good to see Mickey again, though. And Jake. Love 'em both. Loved the ending, too, with the Doctor's utterly flabbergasted "What?!" Only a few more days until I can see how THAT one turned out. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Still found the whole Doctor/Rose cry-fest very tedious and over-long. Ditto the Jackie/Pete reunion. I am so OVER the whole Tyler family.

It was good to see Mickey again, though. And Jake. Love 'em both. Loved the ending, too, with the Doctor's utterly flabbergasted "What?!" Only a few more days until I can see how THAT one turned out. Yay!
                        Wow. It is getting time for the Christmas special already. Awesome. For some reason it still felt like it was months away.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i never noiced that the black dalek took the geinse ark with him when he dispeared at least i think it did. im gald scifi deside to show the last two eps together. best part of the all thing which im sure many people have all ready said. was the talk between the daleks and the cybermen i can't wait until the runway bride

Comment

It was an amazing episode!

I'm odd. I liked the ship, and while I don't want the Doctor romancing every companion, I didn't mind the I love yous at the end. Rose's selfish issues, which I've whined about often this season, did put her family back together, and I find it funny that Pete and Jackie wasted no time . . .

There were so many positives this week:

1. The Cybermen and Dalek insults. I enjoyed that both groups had vocabularies this time, but I laughed at the metal creature throw down. We now know that Daleks are better at put downs and verbal jousting. What's next Shakespeare?

2. The return of beloved characters. I was happy to see Mickey return with his cute sidekick (even if I don't remember his name). I was thrilled to see Pete and the rest of the Rose family join together and form a new bond.

3. The writing for this episode and several this season has been excellent. Doctor 9's Ricky comments make sense now, and at times, it seems like the Doctor knew that this entire sequence had to occur.

4. Ok, I like some ship, just don't get me started about SGA and we're fine. After the melodrama of previous weeks, this was a good ending for the romance.

I have only one complaint:

After all the drama and ship, I wish that the episode had ended with the Doctor alone. He could have met the bride in the next episode. Although, please, any of you who will be seeing 3/29 momentarily, please post lots of pictures and spoilers for us patient fans waiting for any news.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the DVD release, and I hope SciFi picks up 3/29 soon.
                            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                              i never noiced that the black dalek took the geinse ark with him when he dispeared at least i think it did. im gald scifi deside to show the last two eps together. best part of the all thing which im sure many people have all ready said. was the talk between the daleks and the cybermen i can't wait until the runway bride
                              The Genesis Ark went flying into the void with the rest of the Daleks. It was clearly seen doing so.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i thought i saw it disparing with the black dalek but as i said i could be worng i got to watch the ep again

edit- yeah sorry your right i guess i was just seeing things
                                Last edited by lord-anubis; 22 December 2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X