No announcement yet.

Army Of Ghosts (2812/212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps he just knoocked out the dude who was supposed to be working there called Samuel.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
      Right, I see you're point...but hey give my little darlings some credit, they're not that easily wounded. Heck, if they can get over seeing #9 leave then they can cope with Rose popping her clogs. Yes the show has a high percentage of younger viewers, doesn't mean they're dumbing down the show for them. Overprotective parents...LOL! Try being a parent nowadays, some of the stuff on TV makes the idea of Rose dying akin to watching the Wiggles.
      I think kids are a lot tougher than we sometimes give them credit for...
      Personally, if they can sit through Daleks, Oods, Cybermen and clockwork clowns, I don't think Rose being gone from the scene will do too much long term psychological damage.
      I can't speak for anyone else's kiddies but my five year old takes death on the screen rather matter-of-factly. When's she sees a sprawling figure on the ground, she's usually quick to ask, "Is he/she dead?"

I hope Mickey survives even if Rose doesn't... I've come to appreciate his journey.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I've been out of action the last couple of days... but I would like to pipe in and say how much I enjoyed this episode. The cliffhanger did catch me off guard but I guessed pretty early on what the "ghosts" were.
        It was overwhelmingly good... I loved the Ghostbusters reference and the Scooby Doo voice. I even liked the 3D glasses.
        The only thing I found a bit jarring was the applause made by Yvonne and Torchwood as the Doctor made his entrance. DT's reaction was spot on and classic but I just found the tone of that scene inappropriate to the kind of organization Torchwood is. I dunno... I suppose I was expecting a slightly darker edge to Torchwood rather than this breezy, jolly... "we're a happy family" kind of feel that I was getting instead.

Other than that... it was all good...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think the point of that scene was specifically to throw the Doctor off and maybe mislead him into thinking things weren't as bad as he thought. Although assuming that a little applause and a cheery welcome would be enough to make him lower defences IS a bit silly...

Meanwhile, has anyone ever read the fear forecast recappy things of Doctor Who on the BBC site? They go through and sort of summarize the reactions of various-aged kids to the potentially scary elements in the eps. Some of them are really funny.

Adam senses that Dad is feeling anxious, and holds his hand comfortingly: "It's very nervewracking," he explains. Then a cyberman appears. "Waaaagh!" yell Adam, Samuel and Harry.
          The Doctor introduces his companion. Amy, with her keen eye for detail declares, "That's not Rose! Silly Doctor!"
          And regarding the end of Empty Child:

As the episode ends, Samuel asks his mum: "Can we watch the next episode in the daytime? When it's light? Adam has been taking lessons from his grandma about avoiding nightmares: "This is so scary - people shouldn't eat cheese before watching it."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I think the point of that scene was specifically to throw the Doctor off and maybe mislead him into thinking things weren't as bad as he thought. Although assuming that a little applause and a cheery welcome would be enough to make him lower defences IS a bit silly...
            *shrugs* I didn't get that impression... Yvonne and Co. looked too much like fanboys and girls.
            With an edge.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              I think kids are a lot tougher than we sometimes give them credit for...
              Personally, if they can sit through Daleks, Oods, Cybermen and clockwork clowns, I don't think Rose being gone from the scene will do too much long term psychological damage.
              I can't speak for anyone else's kiddies but my five year old takes death on the screen rather matter-of-factly. When's she sees a sprawling figure on the ground, she's usually quick to ask, "Is he/she dead?"

I hope Mickey survives even if Rose doesn't... I've come to appreciate his journey.
              I'm not saying it would scar the kids- heck, kids this days are pretty much immune to that kinda stuff. But you do get some parents who are so ridiculously over protective- the kind of parents who would write in and complain and threaten lawsuits and that kinda stuff- when all the while the kid just carries on as normal, completely unaffected by it.

Comment

Loved the line:

Doctor: "So I'm a prisoner then?"
                Yvonne: "Ohh yes"

Delivery was great by both, just struck me as funny the way she casually replied to the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  *shrugs* I didn't get that impression... Yvonne and Co. looked too much like fanboys and girls.
                  With an edge.
                  Well, there's also the fact that the entire purpose of Torchwood, above & beyond the aquiring of alien tech, is to stop the Doctor. Not only do they finally find him, but they find him on their doorstep. That's gotta count for something, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    I'm not saying it would scar the kids- heck, kids this days are pretty much immune to that kinda stuff. But you do get some parents who are so ridiculously over protective- the kind of parents who would write in and complain and threaten lawsuits and that kinda stuff- when all the while the kid just carries on as normal, completely unaffected by it.
                    I know exactly where you're coming from.....but us sci-fi parents are on a mission to re-populate the planet with sci-fi offspring and wouldn't dream of complaining about such things.

Comment

I posted this on Outpost Gallifrey, and it seems to have gone over well. It's my "final scene" for Doomsday. I doubt it'll be like this in the actual episode, it's just how I'd end it.

Spoiler:
                      The Doctor, Jackie, Pete and Mickey are all at Rose's funeral. They all start to walk away, the Doctor remaining behind momentarily to look at the tombstone for a moment. He has an inscrutible, solemn look on his face. Then he turns and walks away. The camera focuses on Rose's tombstone: Rose Tyler 1987-2007. Beloved Daughter. Treasured Companion. Then, as the sound of the TARDIS dematerializing is heard, a little boy runs up and spray paints "Bad Wolf" on her tombstone, and the credits roll over the now defiled stone.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Absolutly great ep, cant want for the finale.

I have to say that so far the best ep in this season for me so far is "Girl In The Fire Place", so I'm hoping the finale will be something spectacular
                        sigpic

Comment

doctor whos ment to scare children, thats the point. its ment to have children behind the couch scared of the Daleks or Cybermen.

I think, what should happen, is the AU cybermen should contact the Mondas Cybermen so they can share the victory of earth.
                          Hola

Hello

Comment

Great episode, Loved the Twist and knew all long the Daleks would be there, Jaffa Glider was an unexpected line, dunno if i heard correctly but i haven't read all the posts here so dunno if that was intentional or just a miss-heared line that sounded like "Jaffa Glider" ??
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              Great episode, Loved the Twist and knew all long the Daleks would be there, Jaffa Glider was an unexpected line, dunno if i heard correctly but i haven't read all the posts here so dunno if that was intentional or just a miss-heared line that sounded like "Jaffa Glider" ??
                              Actually it was a Jatha sunglider, but yeah, lots of folks mishard that one.

Comment

yeah well I heard Jaffa too. Its nice anyway to have a reference to Stargate. Also the sphere looked like the communication device in the SG-1 finale that Apophis uses. and if you look carefully the sphere room in the tower is the reused set of the floor 500 Control room in Badwolf/ The Parting of the Ways.
                                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                                X