Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well
    Spoiler:
    if rose doesn't die in doomsday, she leaves some otherway as she announced she is leaving after the end of this series, so she may yet die.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I think the whole saying-she-will-die thing could just be a request from the BBC to cover their butts. I mean, Dr Who does have a fairly large audience of younger viewers, and in this day and age I can just imagine them getting swamped with masses of complaints from overprotective parents asking how they could kill someone off with no warning, and how it's permanently scarred their little darlings who havn't been able to sleep since.

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
        well
        Spoiler:
        if rose doesn't die in doomsday, she leaves some otherway as she announced she is leaving after the end of this series, so she may yet die.

well,
        Spoiler:
        yes, I know
        My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
        Build a Dalek
        Build a TARDIS
        Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
        The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          My guess would've been that the finale will set up the spinoff by (re)introducing Jack and arranging his place in the Torchwood hierarchy.

Unless he's been there all along and Nasty Lady is just his henchrat and he'll step from behind the curtain next week.

Ya, that makes sense. Following the trail of the Daleks.....Torchwood realizes that The Doc isn't a badguy, their charter changes, badda bing-badda boom-badda bang, Doc saves Earth, Jack likes it here (at least he's home....and there could be some alien technology that could help him with his memory) and stays, Torchwood changes their tune and The Doc heads to Austrailia for a Holiday sans Rose because she decided to stay home with her mother and father.....

Build a Dalek
          Build a TARDIS
          Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
          The Police Box Website

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
            sans Rose because she decided to stay home with her mother and father.....
            unfortunately, I'd been thinking the same thing.

the only thing that would draw her from the Doctor would be a complete family and spoilers from a couple weeks ago indicate that could happen.

Rose has been whining for the better part of 2 seasons about her father and I think it would be a horrible ending to her story for that to come true. I'm not adverse to happy endings, don't get me wrong. I just think it would be a bad way to end her story.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

So will AU Dad hook up with "our" universe's Mum? Or will Jackie's "I'll protect them until I die!" comment to Elton a few weeks back turn out much more prophetic than she realized and Rose will just take off with Daddykins? Imagine Jackie getting Cyberised in TWO universes... kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, doesn't it?

I still wanna see Rose hook up with Mickey, but I'm stubbon that way. It's never gonna happen, is it? *sigh* Only question is whether or not Mickey'll even survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                I think the whole saying-she-will-die thing could just be a request from the BBC to cover their butts. I mean, Dr Who does have a fairly large audience of younger viewers, and in this day and age I can just imagine them getting swamped with masses of complaints from overprotective parents asking how they could kill someone off with no warning, and how it's permanently scarred their little darlings who havn't been able to sleep since.
                Right, I see you're point...but hey give my little darlings some credit, they're not that easily wounded. Heck, if they can get over seeing #9 leave then they can cope with Rose popping her clogs. Yes the show has a high percentage of younger viewers, doesn't mean they're dumbing down the show for them. Overprotective parents...LOL! Try being a parent nowadays, some of the stuff on TV makes the idea of Rose dying akin to watching the Wiggles.

Comment

After Empty Child, any "might scare the kiddies" stuff pales in comparison, don'tcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                    unfortunately, I'd been thinking the same thing.

the only thing that would draw her from the Doctor would be a complete family and spoilers from a couple weeks ago indicate that could happen.

Rose has been whining for the better part of 2 seasons about her father and I think it would be a horrible ending to her story for that to come true. I'm not adverse to happy endings, don't get me wrong. I just think it would be a bad way to end her story.

I didn't know there was a spoiler about this. It just made sense to me that Rose would stay home to be with her mother and father. It also would make sense to me that she would be able to come back sometime in the future....

Build a Dalek
                    Build a TARDIS
                    The Police Box Website

Comment

I don't see how staying home with her family is dying in any sense of the word, literal or metaphorical.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                        Ya, that makes sense. Following the trail of the Daleks.....Torchwood realizes that The Doc isn't a badguy...Torchwood changes their tune ].....
                        I hope not, I like the idea of Torchwood being antagonists, or at least ambigous. I mean we have UNIT for being on the Doctor's side.

The Doctor's always been for protecting humanity. I kinda like the idea of Torchwood being humanity saying we're growing up we want to explore this on our own, teenage strop kinda thing. The Doctor knows fine well they're going to make more than a few mistakes but it throws up a few interesting issues that way.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Brilliant episode, can't wait for the next..

Something I made quickly
                          Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

cool

and 96 hours and 34 minutes left to go untill "Doomsday"

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

How did Mickey get a job at Torchwood? surely if you attempted to join they'd do extensive background checks?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
                                How did Mickey get a job at Torchwood? surely if you attempted to join they'd do extensive background checks?
                                shhhhh!

don't ask questions they're not going to answer!
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ
                                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                                X