No announcement yet.

Army Of Ghosts (2812/212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well in the trailer the cyberman says "Cybermen plus Darleks, together we could upgrade the universe." But i hope it ones of those alliances wear they are both planning to screw each other over. And i hope its Davros in the genisis ark.

It was a great episode renewed my faith in them showing good episodes. And the way i see it is, different colours shells for the jobs that particular darlek does, such as the gold ones being soliders.
    And another thought, the cybermen said they followed the void ship, maybe the cybermen knew who was in the ship and they went after it to upgrade them selfs with darlek stuff
    Last edited by beale947; 02 July 2006, 10:53 AM.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I loved this episode, not as good as the impossible planet/the satan pit but very few things could be. Some points that i hope are adressed are:

1. How did the AU Mickey get through to their reality? If the Doctor didn't think it could be done I don't see how a bunch of humans could have done it.

2. Mickey said that the cybermen all disappeared a few months ago, so where have they been all this time?

I had some more but i forgot about them if I remember them I'll post them later.

A stupid idea for the story line, woulden't it be great if this tied in with the "Dalek Invasion of Earth." I mean i know that it was set in the 22nd century but in "the genesis of the daleks" the doctor states that the invasion was in the year 2000 so they could chage it again. It could tie things into the original series like with "School reunion." It would also explain why the daleks in "The dalek invasion of Earth" had much greater technology than the ones seen previously who were in the future. I think it would be great to have the Doctor all puzzled about what to do and then the first Doctor, Ian, Baberraand Susan (probably portrayed by different actors) came and ended the Dalek's regime.

Also just wondering in the preview of next weeks episode, why does the black dalek have a number 10 on it's front.

Comment

Well, if the Cybermen can follow the Void ship through to "our" Earth, maybe Mickey and his merry band can, too.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek_S...#Dalek_Supreme

for those who still don't know what "that black Dalek" is.

Comment

Just saw the episode. Thought it was solid, if not insanly predictable. My thoughts ([B]Spoilers included[B]);

1) How is Earth in danger when we know that humanity survives another 5 billion years or so, and we actually watch the Earth get destroyed last season? That killed a lot of suspense for me.

2) MICKEY!!!!!!! Good to see ya mate!! Was hoping you would make an appearance!!

3) Finally, a use for the Sonic Screwdriver that actually makes sense...shattering glass! If Beverly Sills can do it...

4) why, oh why, oh why, oh why do we have to have these faux-Cybermen? Why can't we have the real ones. The ones in out universe. The ones that terrorize us, not another universe. Bunch of wind-up tin soldiers is all they are. Although I will admit that the guns in the arms are cool. About time they come back. I always wondered why the Cybermen would go old-school guns that can be lost or grabbed by someone else.

5) So the rumors of a black Dalek seem to be true.......gotta love the internet...

6) This episode seemed rather....I dunno....convienent....Daleks, Cybermen, humans, moderen day Earth....it all seemed to happen in a nice bow. Like I mentioned earlyer, we know Earth will survive, that takes some suspense out of this (and one reason, in my opinion, this whole season has pretty much been lacking story wise) but there is everything laid out for everyone to see...no thought really needed. The episode was extremly predictable, I felt like I was watching WWE (I was saying what was happening five minutes before it happened.....then I turned to my wife and said, "I could [mod snip] I saw the trailer for next weeks episode and kinda went, "Eh..." and I find myself not really all that excited about it. I could take it or leave it. I don't feel that suspense that I felt waiting for "The Satan Pit" or "The Parting of the Ways". I feel like, "Well, last week is the last episode......"

7) Speaking of which, hard to belive that next week is the last episode. 13 episodes in a season? Man, that's too little. I don't know how the British do it! I go nuts when the Olympics are on, and I have to wait two weeks to see a new episode of The Apprentice.

8) I said it once, I will say it 1000 times, I don't belive Rose will die next week. It's too obvious. If Satan was so good at predicting deaths why didn't he know he was going to be thrown out of a spaceship window and into a blackhole? I mean, he is Satan!!!

All in all, it felt like a Terrance Dicks story. Structured fine, but no real emotion that I really felt....

See you all next week, when we see if they can save this story.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 03 July 2006, 08:42 PM.
            My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
            Build a Dalek
            Build a TARDIS
            Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
            The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
              1) How is Earth in danger when we know that humanity survives another 5 billion years or so, and we actually watch the Earth get destroyed last season? That killed a lot of suspense for me.
              The Doctor is a timetraveler, and you cant travel to the past without making alterations in the future (unless you tread carefully, and the Doctor doesnt)

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I've been avoiding spoilers like crazy, so holy CRAP was that ever a shock of an ending!

I loved every minute of it, though I'm not sure next week's episode title "Doomsday" quite does their current predicament justice.

I'd also like to put in my vote for Rose not dying. I mean....how exactly would she have narrated the intro, calling it her death, if she was dead? Heh, if you followed that.

10/10, can't wait for next week!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I can see Rose dying and the voiceover saying, "And that was how I died."

Lots of dramatic music, maybe even a "fade to black" and then a heartbeat or three later, "...And this is how I came back!"

Comment

Newest preview for Doomsday here:
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/media...pack1-13a_16x9

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      I can see Rose dying and the voiceover saying, "And that was how I died."

Lots of dramatic music, maybe even a "fade to black" and then a heartbeat or three later, "...And this is how I came back!"
                      That's really slap bang between cheesy and dramatically very cool. Totally channeling Russel T Davies there mate!

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                        The Doctor is a timetraveler, and you cant travel to the past without making alterations in the future (unless you tread carefully, and the Doctor doesnt)
                        That can't be right. What you are basically saying is that the only correct story is whatever one we are on. That almost everything that has happened in the past is moot. Under that theory....Satan will still be proven wrong, if she dies the Doc can go back in time and save her, the Doc can still go back and save Adric, The Daleks can go back in time and make sure The Time Lords never existed, with the blink of an eye every episode made can be disproved........

........if that's the case, then why would anyone bother to spend any time getting emotionally attached to these characters......

Build a Dalek
                        Build a TARDIS
                        Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                        The Police Box Website

Comment

Personally, I'm a subscriber to the Novikov self-consistency principle of time travel.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                            Personally, I'm a subscriber to the Novikov self-consistency principle of time travel.

Yes, but that requires smarter people then myself to understand it....

Build a Dalek
                            Build a TARDIS
                            The Police Box Website

Comment

That can't be right. What you are basically saying is that the only correct story is whatever one we are on. That almost everything that has happened in the past is moot.
                              Do the Dr Who episodes make sense to you? Whenever he goes to a particular time something happens that shouldn't have happened, and then the Dortor intervenes and corrects the problem. What doesnt make sense is how these events happen in the first place, or whether they were supposed to happen and the Doctor interfered with its course.
                              There was an episode in Season 27 called Bad Wolf where the future had been altered because of something the Doctor changed in the past. The future is constantly changing because of the Doctor's intervening, Torchwood wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Doctor.
                              Under that theory....Satan will still be proven wrong, if she dies the Doc can go back in time and save her, the Doc can still go back and save Adric, The Daleks can go back in time and make sure The Time Lords never existed, with the blink of an eye every episode made can be disproved........

........if that's the case, then why would anyone bother to spend any time getting emotionally attached to these characters......
                              The Doctor cant go back and save them, remember the episode Fathers Day where Rose saved her father? You cant stop death.
                              Last edited by iLemon; 03 July 2006, 03:37 AM.

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

The past seems to be constantly changing as well since the Doctor is always discovering things he "knows" shouldn't have happened.

Time isn't a straight line.

Comment

Working...
                                X