Army Of Ghosts (2812/212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daleks AND Cybers? How cool is that!

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

OMG, just remembered, what about the possible SG1 reference - Jaffa Glider???

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
        OMG, just remembered, what about the possible SG1 reference - Jaffa Glider???
        did they say 'Jaffa' Glider? Cause all I heard was glider.

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
          did they say 'Jaffa' Glider? Cause all I heard was glider.
          Funny, all I heard was "Jaffa"

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgsiVeYqOfY

It's about a third of the way through

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
            Funny, all I heard was "Jaffa"

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgsiVeYqOfY

It's about a third of the way through
            sweet!

sigpic

Comment

Well...

1. If you're looking for SG1 references...that 'sphere' was blatently a Goa'uld communication ball!

2. Yvvone and her arrogance - now I know why the Doctor doesn't always like humanity!

3. Why the hell did the psychic paper fail Rose?

4. "The name's Mickey...Mickey Smith...defending the Earth".

5. And on top of all that the Dalek's turned up!

Even half sloshed after England vs Portugal I could tell that this was the best ep of the season so far. And next week's a near-dead-cert to top it!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                Well...

1. If you're looking for SG1 references...that 'sphere' was blatently a Goa'uld communication ball!
                Yeah, it reminded me of that too, very cool

Even half sloshed after England vs Portugal I could tell that this was the best ep of the season so far. And next week's a near-dead-cert to top it!
                Agreed, it cheered me up a lot I couldnt make up my mind about whether to be sad about England or happy about Dr Who

sigpic

Comment

That was exhilerating. I laughted non-stop for the first five minutes (the japanese t-shirts, and Peggy shouting at 'Den' ) and then for the next forty I was on the edge of my chair.

Mickey's back! And more together than Rose, for once! Hurrah!

3. Why the hell did the psychic paper fail Rose?
                  The labcoat fella she tried it on said that everyone at Torchwood had had psychic training; he knew the paper was blank.

Madeleine

Comment

Wow! What a great episode.

It kept me excited all the way through. I laughed at the ghost t shirts, and also at the tv clips, especially the Eastenders one.
                    I didn't find Jackie annoying like I normally do, and thought she was really good.
                    Mickey was also great as the strong fighter, here to save earth.
                    I enjoyed all the characters who worked in Torchwood.
                    You can't beat the fun of having not only Cybermen, but Daleks too!

I can't wait for next week.
                    sigpic

Comment

Loved the episode, I suspected the Cybermen in the beginning but was surprised to find the Daleks in the end. Can't wait for next week. Interesting change in the Daleks being the whole hand laser thing that sprang out. Poor Torchwood, trapped inbetween the Cybermen and the Daleks.

So anyone want to place bets on who would win in the intial fight? The Cybermen or the Daleks? And yes we all know the Doctor will win in the end but there are bound to be some Cybermen Dalek battles....can't see the Daleks being friendly since they hate anything thats not a Dalek and the Cybermen want to convert everything....nice constrast.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

HA! I so called that! As soon as I saw that sphere thing, I thought, OMG, it's one of them Dalek sphere wossnames, only supersized!

I also figured, whither goest the Cybermen, so goest Mickey. Good to see him back again, looking buff and ready for action! My guess is that Rose isn't actually going to die- or not permanently- but she will head back to AU Earth with Mickey to continue the fight there.

Lots of awsomeness to behold in this ep and it's good to see myself in the majority of loving an ep again.

Was I the only one who thought the ghosts looked cybermannish before the reveal? 'course it helped loads knowing beforehand that there'd be Cybes in the ep. Dunno if I would have guessed it otherwise.

I'd love to see how the Doctor's gonna get out of THIS one.

So I guess we have a few questions for next week:

1. Why did the Daleks wait? The ship has been there for months or whatever, so why not attack immediately? What critical event was necessary to get them to come out? Did they know about the Cybermen and exploit that? Or is it something else?

2. I suppose Cybermum perished in the AU battle, eh? Might be kinda weird, though, for Cybermum to confront flesh-and-blood Jackie. Either way, I'd love to hear the Doc try and explain her AU fate to her, and "why the hell didn't you stop it??".

3. Where's Jack? Whither goest the Daleks...?

Fantastic ep! Can't wait for next week!

Oh, and it's a Jaffa Sunglider. Very nifty.

Comment

Damn was that an awesome ep. Glad to have Mickey and the Daleks back. Next Week's Series/Season Finale looks fricking awesome, can't wait. And that Black Dalek was cool looking.
                          sigpic

Comment

^Call me a geek, but I so want to here it call itself the supreeeeeeeeme dalek!
                            Last edited by Egeria; 01 July 2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                              So anyone want to place bets on who would win in the intial fight? The Cybermen or the Daleks? And yes we all know the Doctor will win in the end but there are bound to be some Cybermen Dalek battles....can't see the Daleks being friendly since they hate anything thats not a Dalek and the Cybermen want to convert everything....nice constrast.....
                              No need for betting:
                              Spoiler:
                              the Daleks win the initial fight, if you look closely at the trailer at the end you see destroyed Cybermen in the background when the Supreme Dalek says "GENESIS ARK IS PRIMED".

Any speculation on what said Ark is?

Comment

Originally posted by sag_ich_nicht
                                No need for betting:
                                Spoiler:
                                the Daleks win the initial fight, if you look closely at the trailer at the end you see destroyed Cybermen in the background when the Supreme Dalek says "GENESIS ARK IS PRIMED".

Any speculation on what said Ark is?
                                I'd go for a container of a retrovrius genetically engineered to mutate human DNA into dalek DNA.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X