Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i can say is OH F***

He looks cool though, *wonders how the doctor will win.....*

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Still might not be what's in the Pit... could just be an illussion.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ok, on this, the 6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year of this millenium, I noticed this...

Note the views.

(Stretchy Image)
        Spoiler:
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Spooky.

Comment

whooooooooa thats freakky !!!!!
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

God help us if theres someone with 666 posts wandering the forum at the moment
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                God help us if theres someone with 666 posts wandering the forum at the moment

I was actually thinking it was funny how these two parters happen to be airing across this date. Methinks it's more then a coincidence....
                My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                Build a Dalek
                Build a TARDIS
                Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Ooooo I'm the devil! :-D

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                    Ooooo I'm the devil! :-D

Really? Wow, and here I thought my ex-wife's divorce lawyer was!!
                    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                    Build a Dalek
                    Build a TARDIS
                    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Hey Hey, does anyone know how to do that whole... name adding up to a number thing!? I wonder if my name adds up to 666! :-D

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What i didn't get in the episode was that did the Tardis fall into the planet, deep down into the core where the evil lies, or did it fly off into space???

Maybe the inside or the essence as you will will look inside the devil and cure it of evil??
                        Oh and yes i did think for a moment it was bill nighy, i had to look agin for a second time to make sure lol
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Wow, the only way that episode could have been any more Doom 3 inspired would have been to include an unnamed space marine.

The lighting, the decor, the sets, the unleashing hell factor, it was all there. Hell, they even used the door open/close sound effect from classic Doom several times in this episode.

Even with all of that aside, A+ episode. I get more and more of a crush on Billie Piper every week
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

very interesting episode. it was cool to see the p-90 in an episode of doctor who. can't wait for next week's episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

wow that was scary, man

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                                I know there was no Torchwood reference, but think about WHAT scientific group the research time might belong to....

Of course there doesn't have to be a reference every ep, but I have a suspicion this might be the case.
                                Wow. Pretty accurate prediction there

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                D'you think the planet falling into the black hole is meant to be some kind of failsafe in case the Beast escapes? Like... he might get out of the pit, but he's still gonna get sucked into an even more inescapable pit? The Doctor did say that while some black holes open onto something else, this one didn't.
                                And you're right about that too

Yep, this black hole is probably a Schwarzschild black hole, the simplest variety of black holes, which doesn't rotate and has no charge. Schwarzschild black holes have a point-shaped singularity, and anything that falls into them is crushed out of existence.

Just re-watched this episode (and Doctor Who Confidential) and it was still absolutely brilliant.
                                I just loved the atmosphere and setting of this episode: Sanctury base was brilliantly designed, really looked functional and lived-in. That gritty, low-tech 'space-pioneer' mood works really well IMO. RTD described it as a place where "you couldn't take the atmosphere or water for granted".

10/10 from me

Some good quotes:

"We must feed"
                                "It means us!"

"We must feed ... you"

"People, look at that, real people!"
                                "That's us, huray!"

"They're staring at me. I told them to stop, but ... "
                                "Danny, you're a big boy, I think you can take being stared at"

"Don't forget to breathe, breathing's good"
                                "Rose, stay off the frequency"

Comment

Working...
                                X