No announcement yet.

The Idiot's Lantern (2807/207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I don't think the idea was bad, it's just the execution that was shoddy and left so much to be desired. I also think that the timing was poor- coming immediately after the Cybermen story, having an episode about evil electronics attacking people and stealing their minds is just too... similar. Or at least, I thought there were some echoes. It would have been nicer to have come from the Cybermen to something completely and utterly different. Give us a break from the "people are too reliant on technology and it's gonna be the end of 'em" riff.

Comment

DT's version of "anger" (ie just shouting really loudly) did nothing but make me laugh.

Overall, there were parts that I liked, small aspects, but not enough for me to actually like the whole episode. It was quite underwhelming for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain

> There was a line cut where the Doctor says "I just have a thing about transmitters. I fell off one once."
        They totally should have kept that in.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid

I wasn't refering to the 'I'm Hungry' bit, she said 'FEED ME!' on at least one occasion as I recall. I was waiting for Levi Stubbs to show up!!

And I was referring to the fact that The Wire, whatever she/it was`saying, sounded lame as hell!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just finish watching the ep. And it was a bad episode, near the bottom (or at the bottom) of my list of favorite episodes (of the new series, not the original series).

the only good scene was with the Betamax tape.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
              And I was referring to the fact that The Wire, whatever she/it was`saying, sounded lame as hell!

Why yes........yes it did.........................
              My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
              Build a Dalek
              Build a TARDIS
              Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
              The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

it wasnt brilliant, or the best, but it didnt suck as much, well my opinion.
                Also
                I total missed the torchwood reference.
                Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  I was very disappointed with this episode.
                  I hated all the shouting, from the father and from DT. It was just too much for me.
                  Maureen Lipman is one of my favourite actresses, but she had far too many cheesy lines..."hungry", "feed me". I felt they wasted what could have been a great character with The Wire.

The whole episode felt very rushed to me, and the ending was just a let-down.
                  This could/should have been a great episode, but I just didn't enjoy it very much.

Next week looks interesting. At least we'll be away from Earth based stories, and have some real aliens.
                  What Bev said. Especially the bit about Maureen Lipman. And the bit about getting away from Earth next week.

On the plus side, I LOVE the Psychic Paper. "King of Belgium, apparently"

Madeleine

Comment

I thought this storie was allright. Too Short though should have been a two-parter. They didnt expalain the wire properly and they should have kept the Logopolis reference in it. Still there was alot of great references to one of the best musicals ever (Little Shop of Horrors) with all the lightning effects and the whole 'feed me' lines.
                    The Vespa coming out of the TARDIS was well interesting a bit like the motorcycle in the movie except not as laughable.
                    The Doctor and Rose are really close now and I wont be suprised if one will sacrifice themself for the other again or Rose will merge with the TARDIS or something like that.
                    The Doctor didnt do muh although there was that funny bit with the Detective Inspector and when he shouted at the Faschist Dad person.
                    This ep really focused on the non-essential characters like Tommy and so on.
                    One question though will all episodes in the century feature empty zombies of some kind cos its starting to get a little repetitive.
                    I give this a 3 out of 5 since it could have been alot better if it was a two part story and the villian could have been explained a bit more.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I really thought this episode was great.
                      I did laugh a little when the creature kept saying "Feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeeee!" Mainly because my wife jokes and says that sometimes.

But over=all...loved it. As usual.
                      Doctor Who is the best written sci-fi show ever.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

About the only I liked about this episode was when the wife booted the hubby out. That was it. Bad episode.

Comment

I didn't even bother watching it again. Worst episode of the whole series (so far) IMO.

Comment

I plan to watch the bit where he says 'King of Belgium' again. But not the rest.

Madeleine

Comment

David Tennant must NEVER wear a pompadour again. NEVER. AGAIN.

So what was with the orange juice? All these Britishisms are just...I don't understand England! Don't...understand...what's...going on! Argh!
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Not the best episode in the bunch, but it was still fun to watch.

Anyone else have to keep reminding themselves that the kid was not Adric?

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Working...
                                X