Could they be the Time Agents looking for Capt Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        I'm not sure what to make of it

Ooh ooh I've just realised something
        Spoiler:
        Could they be the Time Agents looking for Capt Jack
        Oh yeah, good observation

I don't know where the creepy clockwork robots come in though ... or why creepy clockwork robots would be on a 51st century ship in the first place ...

Comment

Interesting episode, best of the season/series so far. I give it a ***1/2.

K-9 is an awesome dog.
          sigpic

Comment

Previews for the next ep:
            Spoiler:
            The clockwork men had me thinking of one of those new Who books. If I see a black cat running around, I won't be surprised. There were also robot-type figures in Christmas Invasion, though they were only a small part of the whole.

Comment

Loved the reveal in this ep before the title sequence. "Good morning class! Are we sitting comfortably?" Then DT's grin, and.....OOO AHH WHOO

Fantastic.

Comment

Finally got to see this ep. (i'm in the US)
                Man...what a great EP. Since Series 27...I have not found a single episode I didn't like. This one was GREAT...K-9 was a lot of fun and hilarious. The episode was really sad too..

It had it all that makes the series so great.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I was expecting a Torchwood reference (besides Mickeys 'Access Denied' screen) like 'Torchwood Secondary School' or something. Glad it didnt happen, they had already layed on Torchwood thick enough as it is earlier in the series.
                  I've been getting a little irritated by every episode having a Torchwood reference and this one irked me as much as the others. Puhlease - we get it. Can we have an episode without a Torchwood reference? Just one?

There was a lot to like in this episode. I still think of the Sarah-Jayne/Tom Baker Dr partnership as the Golden Age of the old show - the only time I can recall ever really being interested in it - so it was lovely to see her back. And, my, hasn't Elisabeth Sladen aged well! She looked gorgeous.

K-9...meh. Can take or leave him, but he had some good moments.

I loved 'OMG! Kenny blew up the school!" and Mickey pulling out the plug had me ROTFLing. Wished he'd have done it in front of the Doctor while he was trying to shut the thing down - that would have been even funnier.

The flying bat beasties were very creepy and the CGI effects on those were beautifully done and very impressive. I loved the way they moved. It all looked very natural.

Tony Head always gives a show it's money's worth and he wasn't a disappointment here. He had some wonderfully sinister touches.

I enjoyed the angst and the character interaction between Rose and Sarah-Jayne and Sarah-Jayne and the Doctor.

In fact the only thing which irked me is something that's bothered me in previous episodes. And that's the way that Rose treats Mickey. She is absolutely appalling to the man. Picking him up when he's of use to her, dismissing him when he isn't and I thought her reaction to him wanting to come along on the ride was very childish and rude. If she doesn't start treating him with some respect I'm going to have to seriously bop her one with a two by four.

Overall, good episode.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    In fact the only thing which irked me is something that's bothered me in previous episodes. And that's the way that Rose treats Mickey. She is absolutely appalling to the man. Picking him up when he's of use to her, dismissing him when he isn't and I thought her reaction to him wanting to come along on the ride was very childish and rude. If she doesn't start treating him with some respect I'm going to have to seriously bop her one with a two by four.
                    Absolutely agree. In fact, over the next couple of eps, it actually seems as though Micky is getting more respect from the Doctor than from Rose.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I really can't add much to the comment's, as I agree with everyone else.
                      It was a 10/10 episode for me.

Comment

This remains one of my fave eps of the entire series.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Still one of the best. Sarah Jane. *happy sigh* And K9! Yay!

Funny thing- I don't think I picked up on the fact last time that the black guy was also a black Krillitain.

Wouldn't the amalgamation of the species sorta thing kinda negate distinguishing features like skin tones? Or maybe it's a personal quirk like Giles staying human-like.

Comment

Admittedly, I was nervous about this episode after last week's travisty and trailers featuring a little tin dog; however, the episode proved why Doctor Who is a fantastic show.

I loved the character development in this episode:

The Doctor's view and temptation added to the show significantly. It is nice to see how lonely he can become. Despite his wisdom, he still retains some innocence in that he can't understand the loss the former companions feel when he leaves them behind at last. I would love to know more about his past. Did he watch a companion die? Is that why he changes them before they can "decay" as he calls it.

I also enjoyed the interaction between Sarah Jane and Rose. The companion jealously would exist, and it reminds the viewer of another companion who will probably slug the Doctor if he ever sees him again: Jack. Rose's reaction to Mickey at the end was quite interesting. If Mickey comes aboard, then she has to share the Doctor, and while I can stand Doctor/Rose ship most days, I can also see the Doctor as the parent figure whom each companion or child wants the most attention from.

K-9 was wonderful! Cute, playful, and not obnoxious. I was thrilled when the Doctor fixed him, and I did laugh when the villain screams to ignore "the shooty dog thing." I also like the scene with Mickey in the car and that Mickey figured out that if he didn't get on the Tardis the dog was showing more courage than he was. The Doctor invited him early last year after all.

Additionaly, we, at last, have proof that school lunches truly are toxic; it's not just our perception, and the principal might be evil, so don't get sent to his office.

School Reunion was an amazing episode. 10/10.
                            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                              Admittedly, I was nervous about this episode after last week's travisty and trailers featuring a little tin dog; however, the episode proved why Doctor Who is a fantastic show.

I loved the character development in this episode:

The Doctor's view and temptation added to the show significantly. It is nice to see how lonely he can become. Despite his wisdom, he still retains some innocence in that he can't understand the loss the former companions feel when he leaves them behind at last. I would love to know more about his past. Did he watch a companion die? Is that why he changes them before they can "decay" as he calls it.
                              Yes he did. He has loss two or three compaions to death.

Man I could help but think, When the Headmaster tried to convince the Doctor to join him, Boy are you barking up the wrong tree.
                              One thing I think would be intersting what would happen if the Doctor ran into Tegan or Peri?
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                                Yes he did. He has loss two or three compaions to death.
                                As a new fan to the series, I still have much to learn. Thank you!!!
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X