School Reunion (2803/203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I thought Rose's annoyance with Mickey joining the team was because it'll be harder for her to flirt with/latch on to the Doctor with her pseudo boyfriend around.
    Maybe, but I still think she's jealous of him for the same reason she was jealous of Sarah Jane. Rose met the Doctor when he was solo and, despite a few short-term companions, she's been the only one there and - so far as she really knew - the only one there ever was.

This would have been bolstered by the Doctor telling people that he only takes the best - remember that she doesn't know that Mickey had been offered the chance to ride in the Tardis once before - which would have been a hell of an ego trip for a girl from a rough estate. To find out that 'the best' wasn't quite the exclusive tag she thought it was, and - thinking about it - that there could be fellow companions that she didn't invite along (both idiot boy and Captain Jack were more-or-less her call) must have been a kick in the teeth.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

So many good quotes in this one :

"Exactamundo ... (looks puzzled) a word I've never used before, and hopefully never will again"

"And the teacher you replaced (without pausing) that was just weird"

"Oh my god... I'm the tin dog!"

"We are in a car"

''Ignore the shooty dog thing!''

"Kenny blew up the school!"

"The missus and the ex, welcome to every man's nightmare"

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist

"The missus and the ex, welcome to every man's nightmare"

I LMAO at that line!
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

So did I

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
            "Exactamundo ... (looks puzzled) a word I've never used before, and hopefully never will again"
            Classic. I love how these bits still keep popping up, another reference to the fact that the Doctor is still getting used to his new persona. It makes much more sense to me that it takes a while for a newly regenerated Timelord to adjust to his new body and personality.

Comment

"OH MY GOD! I'M THE TIN DOG!!"

I just about swallowed my tounge laughing so hard on that one.

And K9!! What a joy to see him.

The thing that stuck in my mind was The Doctor's speach about how he will live 'forever', but his female companions won't. The tear in his eye implies that he has gone through this before in the past. Probably before any TV adventures started. This explains the relationships he has had in the past with female companions and why he never got too close to them. Not just for their sake, but for his as well...

Although, as I recall he and Romana never realler did play Marvin Gay around the TARDIS late at night.....
              My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
              Build a Dalek
              Build a TARDIS
              Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
              The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

I've spent half the day screencapping this ep and I've been wetting myself at some of theses lines. One line I missed on the first viewing was - Rose (to DW &SJS): "No offence, but can you's two stop petting for a minute"...LMAO at that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

She's NEVER 58. Or she has a picture in the attic.
                  Too right. I wouldn't thunk over her, but she does look a lot younger than my Mum did at 58.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Well my Nan is 59 and she looks a lot older than Liz Sladen, wow that sounds terrible since she doenst look nearly 60 herself. I wouldnt think LS was older than mid 40's if I didnt know better.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Another reason Rose might be unhappy and Mickey joining the TARDIS crew.

Basically it's two parts of her life combining that she probably doesn't think are compatable. Same reason I've avoided mixing online and offline friends.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Everyone's saying about how the Doctor saying his goodbye to SJS was really sad... did anyone else think K-9's self-sacrifice was much sadder, or was that just me?

"Good dog..."
                        "Affirmitive!"

First time i've seen K-9.. What a dog. It makes me really want to get a dog actually...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                          Everyone's saying about how the Doctor saying his goodbye to SJS was really sad... did anyone else think K-9's self-sacrifice was much sadder, or was that just me?

"Good dog..."
                          "Affirmitive!"

First time i've seen K-9.. What a dog. It makes me really want to get a dog actually...
                          *Waves* me
                          I had a lump in my throat when the Doctor said goodbye to K-9

Comment

^^ I must admit I found the K-9 scene heart-wrenching....made me blub. Funny thing is that I absolutely hated K-9 as a kid but adored him in this ep.

Comment

It wasnt so much as his sacrifice (it was so obvious there would be a Mark IV) but the Doctor's reaction to what his beloved pooch was about to do that got me, yes I admit it, i got a little choked up! The look in his eyes as he said "good dog" inspired writing!
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

^ That's what did it for me...the doctors reaction. When he runs his hand over K9's head, the look on DT's face was just so sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X