Tooth And Claw (2802/202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I agree that Rose was particularly annoying in this ep. I've grown increasingly less fond of her and her behavior in this ep really struck a nerve. The "not amused" thing was funny once or twice, but by the fifth, sixth and seventh time I wanted the Queen to pull out her pistol and shoot her.
    I think the sonic screwdriver should be able to produce Duct Tape when needed.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

What an awesome episode! This is one of my favorite Doctor Who's now, next to the episode with Charles Dickens.

Comment

Oops looks like I missed Episode 1. Blah. Besides, it's odd that the CBC in Canada is airing Dr.Who! Sci-Fi on CBC? But at least with basic cable I actually get a channel that airs it! Though it sure took them long enough! Don't know if I like the new doctor yet. Rose has improved. She got on my nerves a bit in Series 27.
        Now I just have to remember to tape it on Mondays at 8pm.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
          And would anyone mind explaining the Princess Anne joke to this stupid American? I mean, is she ugly? Even by British Royal Family standards?
          Well, by Royal Family standards (other than Diana's boys) she is probably considered average, I think Charles is the fugly one, but you be the judge:

Comment

She looks almost exactly like Prince Charles, only in drag. So, no, not good.

Comment

This episode was okay I suppose, I preffered New Earth. I thought it was abit stupid and sudden at the end when the Queen suddenly announces that she's going to create the Torchwood institution.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It is amazing to see how an episode improves dramatically when not being interrupted by thousands of SciFi commercials.

I finally got my DVD set, and before a DVD crisis, I was able to watch the first few episodes again.

Last time, I hated this episode. I gave it a 3/10 and despised most of it. It's not my favorite, but I can finally appreciate Rose more in this episode when not being forced to watch the trailer of the latest killer bug movie 10 times in 10 minutes.

I continue to find the monks odd too Galaxy Quest, but I didn't mind the return to the Victorian setting as much, and the ending wasn't quite as bad, although the nod to Torchwood could have been a bit more subtle.

Originally, this was my least favorite of the season, and I'm thrilled to see it growing on me. I enjoy how this show has a huge rewatch factor.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

You can buy those huge diamonds they used in this episoder

I have one. Quite heavy too but nice to look at and when they catch the sun the room fills with colour
                  Last edited by Coco Pops; 26 July 2008, 05:02 AM.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                    It is amazing to see how an episode improves dramatically when not being interrupted by thousands of SciFi commercials.

I finally got my DVD set, and before a DVD crisis, I was able to watch the first few episodes again.

Last time, I hated this episode. I gave it a 3/10 and despised most of it. It's not my favorite, but I can finally appreciate Rose more in this episode when not being forced to watch the trailer of the latest killer bug movie 10 times in 10 minutes.

I continue to find the monks odd too Galaxy Quest, but I didn't mind the return to the Victorian setting as much, and the ending wasn't quite as bad, although the nod to Torchwood could have been a bit more subtle.

Originally, this was my least favorite of the season, and I'm thrilled to see it growing on me. I enjoy how this show has a huge rewatch factor.

Monks, Galaxy Quest?

How so?

Comment

Tooth & Claw will always be one of my favorite DW episodes for a bunch of reasons:

* A DW episode in Scotland = awesomeness
                      * A chance to hear David Tennant's regular Scottish accent
                      * A werewolf!
                      * The kung-fu opening
                      * Queen Victoria not being amused
                      * Seeing the origin of Torchwood
                      * Knowing that the royal family are lupines
                      * A gothic horror feel that actually works
                      * Did I mention a werewolf? Wolves are my favorite animals so...
                      sigpic

Comment

fantastic episode i love the were wolf win this episode and i love the comment about the royal family being were wolfs
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                          fantastic episode i love the were wolf win this episode and i love the comment about the royal family being were wolfs
                          Well it's a hell of a lot better then the royal family being a bunch of shape changing 7 foot tall reptiles.... (if you have heard those stories)

Comment

lol i like that
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool episode, and I loved Tennant's natural accent.
                              sigpic

Comment

I love how the Doctor gives scientific explanations for stuff like Werewolves actually being alien and not supernatural......

So I guess vampires are alien too in the Whoniverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X