No announcement yet.

Tooth And Claw (2802/202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But badwolf being everywhere made sense. Torchwood is NOT a mystical mysterious name. It was a name that came about BECAUSE of Torchwood house. This is why that speech made sense. It CANNOT apear every where as just a passing word. It would be silly and tacky. Oh look Torchwood this Torchwood that. Explain to me WHY Torchwood would apear everywhere when its a secret institute named after a Victorian manor house? The idea of Torchwood High School is ridicilous. The only way Torchwood should apear at all is in the form of secret government operations. Now, in the TARDISODE, Mickey was looking at secret government files. Now, if the name Torchwood apeared in those, that would be fine. Afterall, it would make sense. But if they notice the name on the side of buildings and stuff just subtly like with Bad Wolf... Why?

Torchwood this year is an OBVIOUS plot device that will be explored further, not a secret "slip it in wherever possible" thing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Minor Spoilers

In the commentary for Tooth And Claw (Right at the end) they let slip that Torchwood is this years "Bad Wolf" and that it would all come to head in episode 12 & 13.

So expect plenty mor references
      Last edited by Stricken; 29 April 2006, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        But badwolf being everywhere made sense. Torchwood is NOT a mystical mysterious name. It was a name that came about BECAUSE of Torchwood house. This is why that speech made sense. It CANNOT apear every where as just a passing word. It would be silly and tacky. Oh look Torchwood this Torchwood that. Explain to me WHY Torchwood would apear everywhere when its a secret institute named after a Victorian manor house? The idea of Torchwood High School is ridicilous. The only way Torchwood should apear at all is in the form of secret government operations. Now, in the TARDISODE, Mickey was looking at secret government files. Now, if the name Torchwood apeared in those, that would be fine. Afterall, it would make sense. But if they notice the name on the side of buildings and stuff just subtly like with Bad Wolf... Why?

Torchwood this year is an OBVIOUS plot device that will be explored further, not a secret "slip it in wherever possible" thing.
        Yeah, I know what you mean. If Torchwood is just randomly scribbled everywhere it would be pretty dumb. But if, like in the Christmas Invasion (and in Bad Wolf last year), they occasionally mention Torchwood or find files marked Torchwood or come across Torchwood agents or whatever it would be much better (and more interesting than repeating the same type of thing as last time).

Comment

bad wolf isnt finished yet
          "there is something of the wolf about you"
          Fact
          Torchwood is an annagram of Doctor Who, and the boxes containing Doctor who's season 1/27 first episode tapes was labeled Torchwood to stop them from getting stollen.
          I like the 10th doctor
          Hola

Hello

Comment

SGC, Just because Torchwood is "this years bad wolf" doesnt mean it will be handled in the same way with subtle references to it in each episode. A more sophisticated aproach by directly integrating into into the plot is more likely, and in my mind preferable.

As jonzey said, tangible apearances of Torchwood are much better. We already KNOW what Torchwood is, and based on that, there is no need for such mystery. A constant presence and reoccurence is good, but ONLY when the apearance is in context and makes sense.

Example:

Good - The Doctor is for some reason in the Mi6 headquarters. The doctor finds a secret vault filled with filing cabinets, he comes to one labelled "Torchwood" he is about to open it, but the alarm sounds and soldiers begun storming the room.

Bad - The doctor makes a stop off at a public toilets. Written in felt pen behind the door is the word "Torchwood".

Can we see the difference? The latter might have worked for Bad Wolf, because that was its context. But this is a governemnt "conspiracy" that must be handled in the fashion that might be found in "The X Files".

The original meaning of Torchwood, merely an anagram for Doctor Who and being the lebels for the tapes at the BBC is now irrelevant as it has no relation to the plot.

Bad Wolf is finished. At least in the form it apeared last season. Bad Wolf will not apear in the same way at all. There may however be some significant plot developed regarding it. But that does not mean that it is in continuing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
              bad wolf isnt finished yet
              "there is something of the wolf about you"
              There was a lot about this that was great but it was that moment that took me off balance.
              "So many questions - (jumps forwards, clanging his chains). Look, inside you're eyes, you've seen it too."
              "Seen what?"
              "The wolf. There is something of the wolf about you."
              "...I don't know what you mean."
              "(Growls) You burnt like the sun but all I require is the moon."

References to Torchwood I was expecting but building on the Bad Wolf as well, that is very exciting. How on earth does a Werewolf know about what happened to Rose, that she looked into the heart of the Tardis and "burnt like the sun" and how does he associate it with the wolf?

There is something else going on here.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett

For what it's worth, the High School in tonight's episode (starting any minute now) is Deffry's Vale High School.
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't know if the Bad Wolf reference is a sign that Bad Wolf isn't finished. It might just be a one-off reference, no more significant than if they mention the Slitheen again if it were relevant. I think it was just a neat bit of dialogue they gave werewolfman because it was apposite.

I think it means nothing. I hope it means something and that there's more Bad Wolf stuff to come cos that would be very cool, but I just have a feeling that PotW was it.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                    References to Torchwood I was expecting but building on the Bad Wolf as well, that is very exciting. How on earth does a Werewolf know about what happened to Rose, that she looked into the heart of the Tardis and "burnt like the sun" and how does he associate it with the wolf?

There is something else going on here.
                    Well, don't forget it's not actually a warewoolf, but a space-warewolf.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                      Technically its a lupine wavelength haemovariform
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

which would be space-warewolf in clanger language
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

This was a crappy episode, in my opinion. I give it a *1/2.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            True, but unless I missed something "Bad Wolf" was only ever explained as being called "Bad Wolf" because that was the name of the corporation that ran the platform.

I can accept the space-werewolf (or lupine wavelength haemovariform to keep PTah happy!) would be able to sense that she had looked into the heart of the Tardis and saw something, (I've no idea what or how he'd have seen it too), but why would he know it had anything to do with the "Bad Wolf" corporation unless there was another connecting factor we don't know about?

Maybe is just a meaningless wee rant, I've probably been watching Joss Whedon programmes for too long, looking for foreshadowing that's not there!

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                              True, but unless I missed something "Bad Wolf" was only ever explained as being called "Bad Wolf" because that was the name of the corporation that ran the platform.
                              WHO's afraid of the...

Madeleine

Comment

Did anyone understand what The Doctor was shouting when he was hitting the Tardis controls with hes hammer? The sound on my TV isnt very good so I didnt quite hear it right.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X