Tooth And Claw (2802/202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbellosom
    Are they actually allowed to say the royal family are werewolves on national television? Surely they can be "done" (not sure of the correct term there) for defamation of character.
    I giggled at the 'royals are werewolves' quote, especially since Prince Andrew revealed this week that HRH has watched DW....
    Last edited by Egeria; 22 April 2006, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Wow.. it was excellent !
      Matthew
      Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

Will chime in with the feeling that the Kung Fu monkeyboys were a bit WTF?! but I didn't find the Torchwood bit at the end to be TOO heavy-handed. Although I wonder now if Torchwood is going to be portrayed as some kind of "enemy" to the Doctor. The Queen certainly seemed to think the Doctor should take care.

I wonder how they'll work Torchwood (and Jack) into things. I should go read up on the Torchwood rumors...

Comment

Much better than last week's, this one. Except for the red pyjama kung fu (eh? in c19 Scotland? have red pyjamas and kung fu got anything to do with werewolves?) it was all splendid. I liked the solution, it made sense - at least as far as these things do

The Torchwood thing was good too. I'd assumed that they were to be benign, until the Christmas ep made me wonder. Then I wondered if they might be just research bods, and the PM misappropriated their work. Now I can see that they have an Agenda and where the Agenda came from, it makes me really keen to see how it pans out.

"They like hunting, they love bloodsports" - ROFL!

"... from Balamory" ROFLMHO!
          Last edited by Madeleine; 22 April 2006, 09:28 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
            Awesome episode, I'm still quite stunned by how good that was. It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.
            Did enjoy it, but is it me, or does some parts of the new series appear to be dumbing down? ie. trying to spell out certain things for the viewer - takign the fun out of trying to guess what the relationship (like torchwood for example) might be.
            I mean the whole torchwood explanation - if they had left it with the sign on the house that would have been really nice and subtle, but I felt the need to explain it with the institute seemed a little much.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy it and can't wait for Saturday night, but for me it just seems to be lacking something - something very small and I dont know what it is yet. Will have to wait til the next one to see I guess.*sigh*
            Last edited by Othere; 22 April 2006, 11:18 PM.

'All of this has happened before
            And all of this will happen again
            So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Will chime in with the feeling that the Kung Fu monkeyboys were a bit WTF?! but I didn't find the Torchwood bit at the end to be TOO heavy-handed. Although I wonder now if Torchwood is going to be portrayed as some kind of "enemy" to the Doctor. The Queen certainly seemed to think the Doctor should take care.

I wonder how they'll work Torchwood (and Jack) into things. I should go read up on the Torchwood rumors...
              I should really read all of these before posting
              Kung fu guys -were a bit sucky really.
              Torchwood - could have been much more subtle. I feel like i am being treated a some stupid member of the audience who can't remember last week's episode, let alone the christmas special. I think that could have been handled a little better, more subtle - ie with the sign on the door - would have been enough to make people think about it.
              I am enjoying it, last weeks was a bit weak. This was much better, but still lacking something. Hope next weeks is on the nail
              My only fear for this series is that with all the siccess of the first series, it had a lot to live up to and as a result it would either be fantastic or disappointing. So far it is neither fab or disappointing and I am pleased to say (for me) it seems to be headig inthe fab direction...though it is taking its time!

So say we all.'

Comment

'Tooth and Claw' was fabulous!

It had some very amusing lines, e.g. "Am I being rude again?", and the Doctor's glee at seeing a werewolf was great. I liked the tension of the scene in the library with the werewolf circling. There were some proper spooky bits in this episode - there was something about the way the Host pressed his face up to his cage to bask in the moonlight and the "you burnt like the sun, but all I require is the moon" bit.
                The CGI werewolf looked cool and all the supporting/guest actors were good.

My only quibble is with the monks. Kung fu monks dressed in bright red in nineteenth century Scotland, hmmmm...it didn't work for me - they looked very out of place. Ok, so Doctor Who is meant to be a bit weird, but they weren't surreal, they just didn't fit into this episode. Shame really, since they were quite cool.

Ooh Torchwood...a threat to the Doctor...I wonder what's going to happen with that...

Lastly, the shallow bit: the hot geeky glasses had an outing again! Yay! I hope this remains a weekly thing!
                Last edited by Atlantean Epona; 26 April 2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Othere
                  Did enjoy it, but is it me, or does some parts of the new series appear to be dumbing down? ie. trying to spell out certain things for the viewer - takign the fun out of trying to guess what the relationship (like torchwood for example) might be.
                  I mean the whole torchwood explanation - if they had left it with the sign on the house that would have been really nice and subtle, but I felt the need to explain it with the institute seemed a little much.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy it and can't wait for Saturday night, but for me it just seems to be lacking something - something very small and I dont know what it is yet. Will have to wait til the next one to see I guess.*sigh*
                  I liked that it was a proper explanation. I dont want Torchwood to be handle din the same way as Bad Wolf. if torchwood gets everywhere it will be silly as theres no reason for it to. its an entirely different concept.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, really liked the look and feel of it. It was so lush. The WW was a little too CGI for my tastes but then on a budget it must be hard to do convincing creatures. No I didn't think the Monks really worked either. I do see why some kiddies may have been scared by this episode it was loud and even I jumped.

I cannot stand all that Queen and Country rubbish (republic already!) so I liked them taking the p!$$ out of the Royals. Yes something seriously wrong with that family. The amused stuff wore thin, but I forgive.
                    Also I think Queen Vicky was a little too laboured, sorry she may have been more accurate the way she was portrayed but she didn't really fit into the episode because of that IMO she was too sombre I think for Dr Who.

I loved the "am I being rude again?" he is that kind of Doctor too. Glasses, love the glasses and the accent.

I didn't mind the ending this is Dr Who after all; so if you want a long lengthy "scientific" explanation or believable ending go elsewhere please.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      I liked that it was a proper explanation. I dont want Torchwood to be handle din the same way as Bad Wolf. if torchwood gets everywhere it will be silly as theres no reason for it to. its an entirely different concept.
                      I just felt that it could have been more subtle. Leaving it as the house name would have been pretty cool. It would have made people think a bit, rather than giving it to them on a platter - just my opinion.

So say we all.'

Comment

Yeah, the Torchwood stuff could have been more subtle, but like a woman dying of thirst in the middle of Death Valley, I'm happy to get any snippets I can about all things Torchwood.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the interaction between the Doctor and Rose was brilliant - their bet; the "I'm being rude again" bits and the general joy they both had in their adventure.

The Torchwood reference was slightly laboured, but it set things up in an interesting fashion. And I just loved the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Yeah, the Torchwood stuff could have been more subtle, but like a woman dying of thirst in the middle of Death Valley, I'm happy to get any snippets I can about all things Torchwood.
                            It wasnt MEANT to be subtle though. Its not supposed to be a little badwolf esque reference, the name would have said nothing as ti the origins of the Insitute, it was a required plot device for the Queen to explain how the legacy of the Torchwood Estates owners would continue in the form of an insitute based on their work.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think all the Torchwood speach was missing was Queen Vic saying "Catch it in the autumn on BBC3"

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                                I think all the Torchwood speach was missing was Queen Vic saying "Catch it in the autumn on BBC3"
                                That's what it felt like to me as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X