No announcement yet.

New Earth (2801/201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was just wow! I am very impressed with David Tennant as the Doctor, he wasn't bad in the christmas invasion but he really established himself here. Looking very much forward to his next episode, except now of course I'm back at Uni and don't have a tv, arg!

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

A great start to the new season. There was a little too much going on at once with them trying two storylines together which kind of worked but could have been much. The Cassandra possesion scenes were quite funny and the whole disease story was quite good. It reminded me of Terminus too . One thing though at the end when Chip/Cassandra was talking to Cassandra, wouldnt that create a paradox or change the timeline somehow ???
      The Next ep looks brilliant I cant wait !!!!
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

TARDISODES

^ Seen these?

There's one for 'New Earth' and one for 'Tooth and Claw'

Comment

Yup we watch em, only thing that gets me through the week without a new episode
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Still say it was a great start to the new series but I guess you will never please everyone. Just my two cents as an old time viewer but never assume just because it is 2006 that Dr Who's story lines need to make sense, and god forbid they have an ending that actually is scientific in nature. This is Dr Who people, stop trying to make it into something it isn't.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good ep. The new Doctor seems a lot... angrier, somehow. Or maybe it's just that Eccleston hid the anger behind a silly grin, but Tennant lets it shine through. It's definitely a different flavor of Doctor, although still the same, loveable character. Sort of.

Loved the cat nurses. Great makeup job. I wonder if we'll be seeing them again...

Torchwood reference. I think I did pick up on one, but I can't remember, now. Might have to go check the ep again.

Incidentally, does anyone really believe that Cassandra had a sudden change of heart (or pulmonary organ) at the end and really DID die? I expect(ed) her to jump back to her original body. With everything she knows, she could probably wreak all kinds of damage... and maybe keep herself from becoming a sheet of skin.

I like the Face of Boe, and having just seen Long Game again (with the news piece about the Face being pregnant) I'm curious to see where this is all leading. I have some stupid ideas about it, but reality will probably be something far more interesting and bizarre.

As for the preview for this week's ep... Is this another "bad wolf" reference?

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                One thing though at the end when Chip/Cassandra was talking to Cassandra, wouldnt that create a paradox or change the timeline somehow ???
                I think it might have already been part of the timeline, as Cassandra referred to that night being the last time someone told her she was beautiful and that's exactly what Chip/Cassandra did.

However, I was expecting Cassandra to jump from Chip into her own body, but that doesn't fit with the above. If they want to use the Cassandra character again, they can just have the Doctor & Rose meet her at a different point in her life.

Comment

After much searching, look what I found ...

I think there's more here
                  Series 28
                  Series 27

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                    After much searching, look what I found ...

I think there's more here
                    Series 28
                    Series 27
                    I knew it, I knew it, I knew there was homage to Babylon 5 in New Earth
                    MAN
                    We understood what you did to us. As part of the machine, we know the machine.

SISTER JATT (looking over the railings, horrified)
                    They're free. By the Goddess Centauri - the flesh is free!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      Couldn't that be a reference to Alpha Centauri?
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Is there a reason to assume it IS a B5 reference? Is that some kind of in reference I'm not aware of?

Comment

How? I certainly didn't pick up any B5 references in that quote.
                          The Matrix perhaps...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Centauri - Londo Mollari's people
                            "As part of the machine, we know the machine" Words like it were spoken by Alfred Bester's girlfriend Carolyn when she was rewired by the Shadows

Comment

Centauri - Londo Mollari's people
                              "As part of the machine, we know the machine" Words like it were spoken by Alfred Bester's girlfriend Carolyn when she was rewired by the Shadows
                              But, Centauri is also the name of some very local stars. Alpha Centauri, Proxima Centauri, etc. Doctor Who also has an unfortunately shaped race from Alpha Centauri. A reference to Centauri is not necessarily a Babylon 5 reference, as a lot of Sci-Fi has Centauri worked in somewhere. It's no more a reference to B5 than it is a reference to the people of Earth in Stargate (Cen-Tau'ri). It might even be a reference to the afformentioned aliens from Alpha Centauri whom I hope never show up again... this is a family show, after all.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                                But, Centauri is also the name of some very local stars. Alpha Centauri, Proxima Centauri, etc. Doctor Who also has an unfortunately shaped race from Alpha Centauri. A reference to Centauri is not necessarily a Babylon 5 reference, as a lot of Sci-Fi has Centauri worked in somewhere. It's no more a reference to B5 than it is a reference to the people of Earth in Stargate (Cen-Tau'ri). It might even be a reference to the afformentioned aliens from Alpha Centauri whom I hope never show up again... this is a family show, after all.
                                Oh God I wish I'd never said anything now. It. Was. Supposed. To. Be. Funny. Don't think I'll bother anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X