No announcement yet.

New Earth (2801/201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow loved it. Ok the story wasn't great but DT and BP were fantastic. Splitting my sides at the bouncy castle thing and loved all those sweet moments and lingering looks as Rose tries to get used to new doctor.
    Great way of giving us a hot kiss without actually confusing things between them (further!)
    Loved it

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
      Was I the only one who found this episode rather disapoining, still good, but nowhere near as good as anything from the 9th Doctor or the Christmas Invasion.
      I agree that it wasn't as good as the Christmas Invasion but I think the Doctor is entitled to have an off day now and again.
      Still loads of fun though...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I can't wait for next week when we will
        Spoiler:
        hear him speak in his natural (Scots) accent.
        I'm sure there'll be a good explanation for it.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Not sure what to think really. My main concern is that it was either going to be brilliant and completely blow away the first new series, or it was going to suck.
          I think I may reserve judgement until the second or third episode.

There were some pretty cool things in this episode, but still unsure what to think. Do really DT as the doctor though

'All of this has happened before
          And all of this will happen again
          So say we all.'

Comment

My favourite bit of new Earth has to be when the sisters are explaining "the flesh" and the Doctor goes (in a roundabout way), "I understand about the disease and flesh, but....... what have you done to rose?" (and rose/cassandras face when he said that). That was great. Cant forget the disinfectant bit either .

Comment

cats always get a bad shake!

the plot was good...execution was a bit questionable, but Billie was great. Really showed she can be an actor.

i thought she did an excellent job as Cassandra.

DT looked hilariously fem when Cassandra was in him.

Love to see more Bo!
              I get a real 'Ancients' vibe like in B5.

A good first ep of the season and full exposure for DT. Looking forward to next week.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I liked most of this episode. Especially all the Cassandra body-jumping bits. Those were funny.

What let me down though, was the ending. When the doctor put all the coloured antidote liquid together, I was shaking my head coz I knew where they were going with it and I didn't like it. Cured them just like that and have them pass it on by touch? How can that ever work? At the very least it should be injected. It would have made a bit more sense if those nanobots from previous series were there.

I know doctor who episodes always had audiences suspend belief but that whole plot ending just seemed lazy. Anyway just my two cents. However, liking David as new Doctor more and more.

Comment

^well seing as the drugs were intraveinus, yeah injection would have made more sence Ahhh bloopers
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I liked it all, except for the ending. The cats were fabulous, really impressive on their own terms, and not just compared to the cheesy stuff I used to see in the TB/PD era. Rose and the Doctor were great as themselves, and surprisingly good as Cassandra - now there's a character with the potential to annoy me to bits, but she didn't, so kudos to ZW, BP and DT.

The rice-krispie-faced patients were very sad (in a good way) and gave my small son a nightmare (in a wake-his-mama-at-4:30am way) but he was playing Doctor Who with his little brother the next day, and seems undamaged

The ending was essentially an inferior copy of The Doctor Dances ending. Inferior because TDD was not at all contrived, whereas this felt very contrived. And since when have cures been contagious? Still, the standard of the ep in general was no worse than any of s1. I loved all of s1

Madeleine

Comment

If anyone is interested....although the chances are that no one will revist this thread after posting but what the hey...

On the BBC website there is a commentary which you can download, with David Tennant, Russell T Davies, and Phil Collinson. You may need to watch the episode at the same time for some of it to make sense...lol

Better to right click and save...

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho...commentary.mp3

Comment

I listened to it yesterday, very funny, loved the end when they were talking about the origional concept for "tooth and claw"
                        Originally posted by Russel T. Davies
                        Okay, this one is Queen Victoria, a Werewolf, and Kung Fu Monks
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

^ Stop it Ptah....Saturday seems like so long away!

Comment

I know and they havent put the trailer up on the site so I cant watch it over and over and over again

Comment

I felt it was a solid and entertaining episode. Bit of a pat ending, but with such great performances, and such zeal and joy put into it that i couldn't help but be entertained. Tennant's first real episode, as he was missing from all but the end of The Christmas Invasion. He's easily become on of my favorites just on the basis of his perfomances here. And who knew Billie had such a killer Cassandra performance in her?!

BTW, does this voice sound like a certain 51st Century Captain to you?
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Indeed it does, nice fnd.

Comment

Working...
                                X