Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good observation

Comment

Also if your goal is to prolong your life then a state where you must be moisterised constantly is not the way you would go, I wouldn't be surprised if that just turn out to be a fasade
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I love when "Tainted Love" was played why the Tarrens (?) were mingling.

Hilarious!

Mattathias

Comment

Well this was my first exposure to Dr. Who. It's officially one of the strangest shows I've ever seen. I kinda liked it. Very odd.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

See, if I'd been there, I would have been singing along with the song. THAT would have drawn some looks, I'm sure. hehe

It's too bad about Jabe, though, I liked her. Might be nice to see more of the tree people and their world some day. NOT Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              what the hell are time lords? sorry i just watched both eps last nite and it can certainly get addicting. and why are there 9 or 10 doctors... yea im a bit confused.
              Timelords are aliens who have developed technology that masters time travel. (There home planet is Gallifrey so sometimes they are called Gallifreyans, though this information is in Classic Who and never mentioned in the new series. At least not series/season 1.) They have an inate ability to prolong their lives by spontaneously regenerating their bodies on a cellular level when death ensues. It can be done only 12 times in a lifetime giving any one timelord 13 lives. (Though whether this limit is going to be kept is up to the future.)

When a timelord regenerates he essentially becomes a new person. New body, new personality, new tastes, and of course played by a new actor.

There have been 8 previous actors to play the Doctor in the show's history. The Victorian grandfather (1), the Beatles-spaceclown/uncle (2), the alien James Bond (3), the intergalatic bohemian with the really long scarf (4), the young blonde cricket player (5), the brash, egomaniac (6), the manipulative but 80's uncle (7), and the new age Edwardian man (8). Christopher Eccleston plays the 9th incarnation (the wartorn survivor).

Comment

I liked the psychological aspect of what Dr. Who did to Rose. He made her experience what he felt about his planet by having her watch hers blow up. Now they have more of an emotional bond. Talk about walking in someone else's shoes.

Comment

Agreed.

Mattathias

Comment

The End of the World was my favorite out of the first three.
                    A lot of humorous moments.
                    And there was plenty of character development.
                    Plus we got some serious back story for the Doctor.

Comment

I wonder if casandra will be an enemy again

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Shes in the first episode of Series 2 titled New Earth. Whether she's a flap of skin still we do not know
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

That will be intersting to see, Spoiler: I wonder how Rose will deal with seeing her alive?

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            Spoiler:
                            Shes in the first episode of Series 2 titled New Earth. Whether she's a flap of skin still we do not know
                            Spoiler:
                            She is still the same think skin. Look if you dare!
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462:
                              Did Casandra even die, I was thinking about it and wasn't that her brain in the Jar below. What if it was just her mouth piece that got distroyed?
                              Originally posted by Metarock Sam:
                              Spoiler:
                              Interesting theory. If her brain does survive, I immediately wondered if she'd end up being the next Davros-like "brain case"...

Rose calling Cassandra a *B-----* trampoline - LOL!

I (also) wondered if part of Cassandra's facial effects was actually a holographic image (thus why the camera went behind her encasement), as well as being a computer generated CGI.

I did enjoy the *deeply rooted jokes*.
                              Plus, Jabe's compassion to save everyone was a nice touch, too; but I had hoped she'd be around in a future episode (the living tree who sacrificed herself to save the Doctor and everyone else on the space station)...

Oh, funny/strange (weird) how the arrival greeting stated:
                              "teleportation devices and religion are strictly forbidden" on the space station, yet the space station itself was in a clear shape of a cross! (Especially noted when the shields went up at the end and the expanded sun's waves passed around it - salvation, ehh? or was that a deliberately shaped "t" for ultimate salvation via the tree family? Possibly both...?)

Dual meanings: how to symbolically reinforce the storyline's ending...
                              DrWHO is very good at doing things like that.

Comment

This was the episode that made me feel as if this really was two decades removed from the McCoy era. The ep 'Rose' was big, but then it was the first of a new series and bound to be big. This was bigger. The aliens were really imaginitive (plenty of other shows, go eat your hearts out and then go and raise your game) and the look of the piece was as flash and smart as any c21 show.

LOL at the National Trust moving the continents back.
                                Rag Doll

I swallowed a bug!

Comment

Working...
                                X