Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Yay but when on FTA for those of us without pay tv
    probably in about 2 years; on a secondary channel at 1.30am
    -

Comment

Yay but when on FTA for those of us without pay tv
      Syfy shows tend not to get picked up by mainstream Aussie TV. Your best bet is to get a VPN for the US and watch it on Amazon. IIRC most of their shows that do make it out here are on channel 9 or their secondary networks.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think Hulu runs the show also. I know they did warehouse 13 and Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Syfy shows tend not to get picked up by mainstream Aussie TV. Your best bet is to get a VPN for the US and watch it on Amazon. IIRC most of their shows that do make it out here are on channel 9 or their secondary networks.

Well channel 7 had Defiance on this year so maybe there is hope
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well channel 7 had Defiance on this year so maybe there is hope
            I would not hold my breath.
            There is a reason why Australia has one of the highest rates of illegal downloading in the Western world. For your sake as a fan, I hope you are right, but the odds are against you.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm really pumped about Defiance starting back up! I really hope this season improves upon season 1 (which I liked) and becomes a truly amazing show. The potential is there!

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              I would not hold my breath.
              There is a reason why Australia has one of the highest rates of illegal downloading in the Western world. For your sake as a fan, I hope you are right, but the odds are against you.
              Is Australia considered part of the Western World?
              sigpic

Comment

It depends if you look at it by culture or geography. Most people look at them by the differences in culture. Starting out as a British prison, Australians culture is more Western like than Eastern
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I have a CRAZY THEORY........

What if the Arks were all empty except for maybe a small crew on each Ark in case it's attacked along their journey and they are woken up to defend the ships and then go back to sleep. Those were the ones Nolan and Irisa found in the Arkfall inside their freezing tubes..

These were the ones that also made it down to Earth to ask for immigration.....

When the terraforming began the Arks contained all the gene banks of the Votan races and these mixed with humans in the terraforming so what was killed off in humanity became the Votans.....

I know it's not canon but thought it was a neat idea all the same.

Comment

That is crazy. The votan population on Earth is too big for such an idea.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That is crazy. The votan population on Earth is too big for such an idea.

Why too big? Not if the Votans were actually once humans caught in the terraforming?

Comment

That makes even less since. The terraforming had unpredictable changes and humans saw Votans before the terraforming
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That makes even less since. The terraforming had unpredictable changes and humans saw Votans before the terraforming
                          I know they did..... But what I was thinking was just one of my own theories on the backstory.

I know they have their own canon for the show...

Comment

I still haven't seen any renew\cancel news as of yet. I would say as a general rule the longer it takes the worst the odds get, but I'll remain hopeful until we find something out.

I did see an article comparing ratings of Defiance to Haven which sounded positive, but I doubt that Haven cost as much to make so I'm not sure that is a fair comparison.
                            sigpic

Comment

S3 is now official

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

^ I'm very happy about that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X