No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the first episode and I have to say, I like it. I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it's something I'll watch in the long run.

By any chance, has anyone bought the game?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
      Watched the first episode and I have to say, I like it. I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it's something I'll watch in the long run.

By any chance, has anyone bought the game?
      I have. Its very good. Lots of action, tonnes of story and heaps to do.

Comment

I am surely gonna watch the pilot again before the new episodes hits on monday !
        sigpic

Comment

After about 3 days of downloading (it failed at least once), I finally got to play the MMO third person shooter for about 6 or so hours.

It's fun, IMHO.

It's not great or anything really new, but it's fun.

It has a good number of flaws: graphics and graphics settings could be better (rather limited options for a modern PC game, IMHO, but the game looks good for the most part. Not great, but good); the music's nice, but not when it's too repetitive; voice-acting and dialogue could've been much better (a bit cheesy and/or stiff. Not bad, but could be better); quest chain-ing could be handled better; the tutorial is lacking, and, as w/ the TV show, there's not much given about the setting in the game or show-proper and you'll have to look at stuff like the website for more info.

Structurally, it reminds me a bit of Guild Wars 2 (the arkfall events and some location-based quests are kinda like the "dynamic" events and group events in GW2), with about as much mobility for the character in terms of terrain (minus fall damage and jump puzzles, so far )

I hope it gets some more polish (same goes for the TV show). Hopefully both MMO and TV show prosper enough to have a decent lifespan, as both are quite good, but could better.

Anyone looking to get the game: I'd recommend either waiting for a sale down the road, hopefully after more patches have been implemented.
          If you want to get it now, and don't mind digital download, I'd recommend greenmangaming.com because of the discount vouchers there, unless its on sale elsewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't have the game. And I don't think I'll be getting the game.

Well I do know that here in the UK. We get the show the day after it's airs in the US...
            My Sky+ box is now set to record th series.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Finally saw the pilot, I liked it, but didn't love it. Maybe it'll grow on me...

Comment

watching the pilot now...not bad
                sigpic

Comment

Some of the special effects are a bit iffy but the $100 million budget definitely shows with just the sheer amount of effects/

Comment

I finally got to watch the first episode. As has been said it wasn't bad. It had some fun scenes. And a couple of scenes had me chuckling to myself.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

The plot was quite derivative and some of the CGI was shaky but I got well and truly sucked in and ended up enjoying it quite a lot
                      sigpic

Comment

Irisa and Tommy really screwed up in the last episode. Sure, the guy being tortured was unacceptable but they were supposed to be investigating who freed Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                          Irisa and Tommy really screwed up in the last episode. Sure, the guy being tortured was unacceptable but they were supposed to be investigating who freed Ben.
                          Just young and impulsive.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope they show a little more of the back story to this series. Even if it is in Flashback.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Just young and impulsive.
                              Perhaps, but then it was pretty dumb for the Mayor and Nolan to give them that responsibility in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                By the sounds of it Irisa has maybe been tortured or chained up at some point which may be why she reacted the way she did. She did have marks on her wrist. Be interesting to find out what happened.

Watched ep 2 the other day. Still not sure if I'm gonna like it. I'm kinda leaning towards like but still clinging on to the fence for the moment.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X