No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this show lives up to expectations. We will see come Monday night.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You can watch the pilot episode RIGHT NOW!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0OW0AW

Comment

Yeah, I think Amazon jumped the gun a wee bit and opened it up a little early! Wonder how much goodwill that's going to cost them? Closed now though. From what I can gather, about 5 hours worth of lucky folks jumped on it before it was re-locked. PDG show, if I don't say so myself...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          You can watch the pilot episode RIGHT NOW!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0OW0AW

I'm seeing "Video currently unavailable" now.

If anyone here's seen the Amazon version,please use spoiler tags if you want to talk about the events and anything spoilery ANYWHERE on GW ,before the US and some other countries see the premiere,or keep schtum till the official Ep's opened.

Thanks!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

what am I talking about three or four seasons ? Six seasons and a movie

and I have to say, I didn't watch the pilot yet, awaiting it to be released on iTunes later on Tuesday.
            sigpic

Comment

I will be reading this thread to see if I will try to watch online or not I have come to trust you my GW family if something is worth watching or not you have not let me down I loved Farscape & Firefly and it was because of you I even tried to find them I have both FS was harder to get but I am glad I did.

Defiance has 2 things going for it as far as I am concerned

1 it's in space

2 it's from the same guy who created Farscape Rockne S. O'Bannon

so please my fellow scifi fans be very honest I value your opinion.

I hope they release it on Hulu or syfy rewind so I can watch it at some point
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                I will be reading this thread to see if I will try to watch online or not I have come to trust you my GW family if something is worth watching or not you have not let me down I loved Farscape & Firefly and it was because of you I even tried to find them I have both FS was harder to get but I am glad I did.

Defiance has 2 things going for it as far as I am concerned

1 it's in space

2 it's from the same guy who created Farscape Rockne S. O'Bannon

so please my fellow scifi fans be very honest I value your opinion.

I hope they release it on Hulu or syfy rewind so I can watch it at some point
                Its not in space.

btw I just watched the first hour of the first episode.
                Unfortunately I give it a "meh"

Had a Terra Nova feel to it.

Comment

From the Trailers that have been shown on SyFy here in the UK it looks like it will be an interesting show. As I've said in a previous post I've set my Sky+ box to record it.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Spoiler:

I watched the pilot.....HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna watch it again tomorrow and maybe six or seven more times. I've been waiting for over a year for Defiance and it is finally here!

I do see how the show does work by itself but there was a lot of stuff that would pass by the non-gamers, such as the mention of Varus and Ara Shondu from the game and the mag-lev project.

Comment

Looking forward to watching it tomorrow. Since I preordered the game through Amazon I get access to the episodes through that.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm probably going to check it out tonight. I hope that its good, but if Techs is comparing it to Terra Nova, not sure I should set my hopes to high.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's on Syfy tonight at 2100 here in the UK. With what looks like a 'feature' length episode.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

It is. It's a two hour episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

was it good is worth getting into that is what I want to know
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

By the way, for anyone watching, this is a nice little guide.

http://studioatgawker.kinja.com/here...surv-470897154

And Pound, it is definitely worth a shot, in my opinion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X