No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can read about the races of Defiance here: http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/aliens/

Comment

a few more days people, then a new sci-fi show finally begins ! I cannot frakking wait !
      sigpic

Comment

Yea it seems like everything gets cancelled now adays and a majority of the time it isn't even given the marketing or time frame to gather a steady following. You would think that with as much as they invest into these shows they would give them a fair amount of time to achieve their goal...you can't even really set up the whole story of a good saga in the first season of a tv series, that season is usually more about introducing the characters yet I fear that defiance won't get more than one season unless it has some pretty incredible ratings...hopefully the game significantly helps the shows following and we can at least get a few years to build the fan base beyond the hardcore sci-fi fans and gamers that will be there from the beginning.

Comment

Woot, the site created a section for Defiance.

So apparently the game has had numerous issues but Trion is working on it. Been running around in it but have been busy. The Arkfall events are pretty fun.

Apparently every week Trion will release new content based on the week's episode (or upcoming, the details evade me) in addition to all the DLCs. I've also heard they will take down said content after each week, though that sounds...odd.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm glad this show got its own section before the season starts. I'm really looking forward to watching the first episode.
            sigpic

Comment

I've set my PVR. Wish Canada's Space had gotten it instead of Showcase. I don't get Showcase in HD. Sigh.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

4 days to go!

Comment

Just watched the Making of Defiance special. Looks pretty cool, looking forward to it!

Comment

Sky+ box set.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jamie Murray. I met her at the Birmingham MCM Comic Con held in March here in the UK.
                    Last edited by Starfist; 12 April 2013, 09:23 AM.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      So apparently the game has had numerous issues but Trion is working on it. Been running around in it but have been busy. The Arkfall events are pretty fun.

Apparently every week Trion will release new content based on the week's episode (or upcoming, the details evade me) in addition to all the DLCs. I've also heard they will take down said content after each week, though that sounds...odd.
                      To me that sound kind of like how games have weekly/weekend events/challenges that are only up for a limited period. (where as that paid dlc better be permanent.) Maybe they will have a mission/challenge based on the previous episode for you to complete.

I might eventually get the game but not anytime soon. Looking forward to watching the show on Monday though.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

The show airs here in the UK on SyFy on Tuesday.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

3 days to go! If your playing the game make sure you've complete the first 4 episode missions cause they disappear when the show starts.

Comment

Actually, I have never been happier that Monday arrives so soon !
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                              Actually, I have never been happier that Monday arrives so soon !
                              It doesn't start here in Aus until Thursday, I'm really looking forward to it.
                              -

Comment

In Germany not untill tuesday but still, it's airing on monday so that's a plus anyway, man I can't wait ! I hope this will get a good three or four seasons run because it looks awesome the most decent sci fi show in years !
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X