'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    We're only 20 hours away from the game launch!
    Have fun, even if the TV show will be canceled I hope at least the game will be successful because this kind of project should be supported in any way it can be. Do we know if Bear McCreary made the Score for the Game as well ?
    sigpic

Comment

Don't assume the TV show will be cancelled so early, Spider.

--
      I just found out that by pre-ordering the game through Amazon, I get $20 in-store credit towards the digital releases of the Defiance episodes. This is a HUGE deal to me cause I am going to miss the episode airing each week because it airs when I'm in class. This way I can watch it immediately the next day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        Don't assume the TV show will be cancelled so early, Spider.

--
        I just found out that by pre-ordering the game through Amazon, I get $20 in-store credit towards the digital releases of the Defiance episodes. This is a HUGE deal to me cause I am going to miss the episode airing each week because it airs when I'm in class. This way I can watch it immediately the next day.

Good to hear it ! I am more excited for Defiance then for Game of Thrones actually ! I'm just talking out of experience here, V has been canceled, SG: U has been canceled and many more non sci fi shows these past years, it's a miracle that supernatural has achieved eight season so far which is a rarity these days. Anyway I would be happy if we even reach season two and three !
        sigpic

Comment

Oh I understand, but I hope this will be different.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the New Age

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone the Ultimate Edition with the Soundtrack of the Game ? Did it score Bear McCrary as well or was it someone else ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                Has anyone the Ultimate Edition with the Soundtrack of the Game ? Did it score Bear McCrary as well or was it someone else ?
                I don't have the soundtrack but I do know that Bear did in face score the game....and the music ROCKS!!!!

Comment

You can listen to the Defiance theme by Bear McCreary:

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    I don't have the soundtrack but I do know that Bear did in face score the game....and the music ROCKS!!!!
                    Thank you, I just had to buy this Album from Amazon right now ! I love Bear McCrearys work and I am curious how to music between the Game and the T.V. Show will differ.
                    sigpic

Comment

The theme kind of sounds like a cross between Battlestar Galactica and The Sarah Connor Chronicles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        The theme kind of sounds like a cross between Battlestar Galactica and The Sarah Connor Chronicles
                        True,I can't wait listen to the score for the TV Show, I am confident that it sounds awesome like his previous work ! I really, really love his stuff much more than the big names like Zimmer, Williams or Goldsmith but that's just me !

Less then two weeks, people ! To the people who are playing the game as well : how is it ?
                        sigpic

Comment

edit: apparently the AI in the game proper is "better"
                          Last edited by gotthammer; 03 April 2013, 04:02 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

If anyone wants some backstory to the whole universe, read through the tumblr: http://defianceworld.tumblr.com/

I'd suggest starting at the beginning and working forward.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I like his change of attitude towards it by the end of the video.

One more day and I shall be able to play this
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X