'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    Its like you aren't even listening. They are based on the same concept but are NOT reliant on one another. I don't know how much simpler I can make that.
    Sure I am. I just don't agree with your rationale
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I've been doing some research into this.. The series is set in St Louis and the game is in San Francisco. Both are set in the same universe, and affected by the same events but they don't need each other to survive. The events in the series will have an impact on the game, in terms of the locations and characters that appear and some characters from the game will appear as minor characters in the series. But they're mostly separate things. Most films have a game to coincide with the release these days, but Defiance is going for a much closer relationship between the two.

And the game has been in development since 2008, with just over a week to go before release it's not going to be cancelled now. Being released before the show starts means no matter how well the series does the game will be available to buy.
      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 22 March 2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        I for one will watch the show and not playing the game, at least for now.
        Same here. I just can't seem to find a lot of spare time for games these days.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Same here. I just can't seem to find a lot of spare time for games these days.
          You should make the time. As I can now say I am in beta, I can tell you it is very good. Lots of content, not just run and shoot and never learn a thing. Its an entire world they have created. I have over 500 screencaps of info to add to the wiki, most of it is lore and backstory. There is sooooooooo much.

Comment

I'm enjoying the beta as well, too bad it ends tomorrow. I got my girlfriend's roommate into it too.

I wish I could take pics on my PS3 to share, but I have no idea how.
            sigpic

Comment

You can now view the first 14 minutes of the pilot!!!!

Theres even a link for those outside the US: http://pmd.syfy.com/NBCU_Syfy/011/98...iance__496.mp4

Comment

Well I know what I am doing when I get home...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  Well I know what I am doing when I get home...
                  Well you are in for a treat!

I imagine for first time viewers it make not make a great deal of sense....

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    Well you are in for a treat!

I imagine for first time viewers it make not make a great deal of sense....
                    Well we are all first time viewers...I imagine you mean people who have not been following the show's development and/or game.

All I can say is...more. MORE!
                    Last edited by Gen. Chris; 26 March 2013, 09:12 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched the little preview, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see more.
                      sigpic

Comment

If the game is good(reading reviews and such) I may consider buying it and watch the show. Interesting concept this is so I will be following this one rather closely.
                        sigpic

Favorite quote:
                        McKay: You shot me!
                        Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                        Ronon: You shot me, too.
                        Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by python490 View Post
                          If the game is good(reading reviews and such) I may consider buying it and watch the show. Interesting concept this is so I will be following this one rather closely.
                          I liked the beta. I am used to playing strategy games like AoE, sims but do enjoy other games like tomb raider and GTA. Never been a fan of shooter a great deal but Defiance really brings a lot to the table, its not just run and shoot, you actually learn a great deal about the characters and the backstory....plus causing a giant mutated bug to explode is fun.

Comment

I watched the preview and it looked really promising. This is the first sci fi shows in years that feels like a REAL sci fi show even if its not on space ship. The fact that Bear McCreary is composing this show makes it even more awesome. April 15th can't come soon enough. I hope syfy and all the people responsible give this concept a chance and let us have a three season or four season run...
                            sigpic

Comment

I just hope this is even half as good as it could be.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We're only 20 hours away from the game launch!

Comment

Working...
                                X