No announcement yet.

Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to force myself to watch this episode all the way through. So basically it's ideas from other sci fi franchises, mainly Blake's 7, Firefly & Pitch Black, all cobbled together with really bad acting and unlikeable characters. There was absolutely nothing original about it. I won't be watching any further episodes.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 16 June 2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      there is also one plot point that could happen.....what if these folks aren't what the ship says they are? What if they're not murderers, someone just wants to tell them they are to see what they do?
      You mean like the Android? I don't think she's as innocent as she makes out.

Also did anybody else notice in the scene where the android told the two girls she'd discovered something, on the video screen behind her was a corrupt video still of David Hewlett? (I know he's in it somewhere, just wondered if others saw it or I was dreaming).

Comment

You weren't dreaming. That was Hewlett.

Comment

I couldn't make out who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            I had to force myself to watch this episode all the way through. So basically it's ideas from other sci fi franchises, mainly Blake's 7, Firefly & Pitch Black, all cobbled together with really bad acting and unlikeable characters. There was absolutely nothing original about it. I won't be watching any further episodes.
            *wipes brow*...phew....so glad someone thinks the same as me....I was going to post that I was distinctly underwhelmed.....well, I was a LOT more than distinctly underwhelmed.....I thought it was poor....

Oh and I REALLY can't stand the one with the big gun........never seen so many Sci-Fi cliched characters all together in one place....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              I had a go on Monday after I watched this to say what I thought of it here. I found it impossible to say that I liked anything about it and wondered if I should even bother watching the second part of the pilot. So, since I share the same view about this cliched mish mash I had to join you and say it! Blake's 7, yes, that's the other show I was trying to think of amongst the others, I didn't like Blake's 7 so that follows I guess, it has the same cheap set feel and bad acting. The exception is Roger Cross, I feel his talent is fettered by bad characterisation in this, he's really great in Continuum and Motive!

What pained me was that after I watched this, the trailer advertising this earlier on the SPACE channel happily announcing that it was from "the writers who brought you Stargate" made me wonder if anyone who had never seen Stargate would want to see what it was about after seeing this offering!

So that broken up image was David Hewlett? I just thought it was funny that a jumbled up video recording of some person happened to remind me of him!

Comment

It was okay, wasn't great, wasn't awful. I will at least watch part 2 before deciding whether to watch any more. The biggest problem so far I thought was that none of the characters stood out (except the android, who I suspect could end up very irritating), and well, so far it's just very.....vanilla, the plot, the characters, the setting, it all feels a bit ho hum, seen it all before. On the plus side I quite like the design and look of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                  I thought the acting was bad for most of the actors. The black guy from 24 was the only good actor. The girl with blue hair was ok also but she didn't get much camera time. The lady playing the android I've seen before and hated her work on Lost Girl. Her lack of range might work for a android though.

The story was good. I did like the reveal in the second episode at the end. Probably should have combined ep 1 and ep 2 into one thread since they aired back to back.

I didn't hate the show so I'll stick around. I think the show will pickup. I can see the potential the show has.
                  Hey, Baron, you never did tell us how you saw the second half of the pilot last week. You say you didn't hate it, but I was wondering if like me you were thinking it was so boring it just seemed like two hours.

Comment

Did not like it.
                    Acting for the most part was bad.
                    Timing of scenes and actors actions was terrible.
                    The ship looked like something in a cartoon. Hated it.

Will watch again sometime to see if they refine it. To much like Firefly.

Comment

We'll find out in a few hours

Either it'll be worth watching or it won't

Personally (mod hat off) I just hope folks that hate it and refuse to watch it....don't show up in the episode threads every week to reiterate how much they hate the show they aren't watching. If a person's not watching it, they can stop commenting on it and leave those that are enjoying it in peace.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Its an all right show. I will give it the first season before forming an opinion. Andromeda is still better lol

Comment

But what if we continue to watch it while still hating it? Can we still comment?

I mean, I watched two seasons of Defiance while continually asking myself why.

Some of us are masochists that way.

Comment

If you do you do. But it's exceedingly annoying and disrespectful to those that do watch it and do enjoy it.

Why immerse yourself in being miserable? Why spend time coming into threads just to cut down and diss a show? Why not find one you like and spend your time enjoying it?

If all a person wants to do is come in and get all upset because some TV show isn't to their liking....they're welcome to go and play elsewhere.

This isn't the SYFY forums where fans may harbor some vain hope or thought that the show runners or network execs will come in, read their pearls of wisdom and change the show, this is a fan site.

We have a couple of big rules here...first, respect others. And coming in to perpetually whinge and whine and complain isn't respectful. Second, it's to find a show you like and enjoy it. In other words, spend your time enjoying the show you enjoy, don't waste your and our time endlessly complaining about not only something you don't like but also something that was done and dusted and edited and finished months ago. (A person can suggest changes and complain about Dark Matter all they want, the truth is the show was filmed and edited and finished months ago, so nothing you say is capable of changing anything.)

Like it or dont' like it. I am honestly on the fence myself about it. But if all a person wants to do is come in and tear it apart week after week....go do it on twitter or facebook or somewhere else.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If we don't complain about the crap that is on TV ......all we will get is Crap TV.
                              SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                                If we don't complain about the crap that is on TV ......all we will get is Crap TV.
                                Even though my previous post was mainly a joke, psl1 makes a good point. What if someone wants to do a genuine critique of the show, pointing out how things could be improved if only a few things were changed, added or deleted? Not just "This show sucks! How can you people watch this garbage?" type of comments, but specific complaints. If they do it in a completely different thread then anyone who doesn't want to read negative comments can ignore that thread.

I'm not saying I have an interest in doing that. More than likely I'll just stop watching if it doesn't improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X