Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I am so confused...

Good thing this was not cancelled...imagine ending the entire show like that.

Now we have to wait a year...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      Well as this show involves time travel.
      I'd like to say... 'I hate temporal theory...!'
      Yeah and its just going to get more and more confusing as things progress. To me that's the long term danger to popularity of this show....it just could get too convoluted?
      SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Any network would have cancelled Alphas with their low numbers
        Geez jelgate; you and your low numbers.

Notice how no one cares about ratings on these thread....
        SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

I really don't care what others think. Its about being realastic and not subscibing to myths that make no rational sense
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            ...I am so confused...

Good thing this was not cancelled...imagine ending the entire show like that.

Now we have to wait a year...

I actually thought it would have been a decent series finale, the timeline restored. But still. Mind effed

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I really don't care what others think. Its about being realastic and not subscibing to myths that make no rational sense
            The viewing numbers (I don't know the ratings ,which are what are actually important, not the numbers themselves) were like 700,000-1mil ... usually ... I think ... which isn't very good. So the numbers do support canning the show. But, since Syfy isn't the one footing the bill for production, they can allow for lower numbers and still covering costs.
            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Okay... that was an interesting end... sort of... Now what?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ok, So I'm posting these pictures in a couple of places. But the Asian Liber8 man is a
                Spoiler:
                freelancer we find out in the last episode

So, I rewatched season 2, I realized two things linked up. Pictures below. As you can see, the symbols match up. The thing is, I want to know what the chinese/japanese translates to. It may be a clue. Anyone speak it? Or know someone who does? Can you translate it and post?

Attached Files
                Last edited by zainea13; 06 August 2013, 09:53 PM.
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Doesn't he say what it says in his conversation with Travis?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, but it could be an easter egg, and the line was different than what it says

Comment

From watching the begining of season 2 right after the ending of season 2
                      Spoiler:
                      Kiera has a reoccurring nightmare that she's locked in the plastic box in the freelancers facility whereever/whenever that might be and that is what happens eventually. How could she have had nightmares of something that didn't yet happen to her or maybe it did?
                      Kiera could have already done all of this and the freelancers could have sent her back to her time with her memory erased through her cmr, just like old alec erased her memory of the time travel globe thingy in 2077

I also wonder why
                      Spoiler:
                      freelancers snatch bodies...I have a theory that the body snatching is not just for removal of evidence but also possible recruiting the dead and reviving them. while the other cps cop that arrived too early and was already old married with grownup children and died. her body was snatched by the freelancers because after her body decomposes, someone might find the cmr in her head and timeline would be altered in some way but what if they revived her later in season 3, also why didn't they recruit gardiner or maybe they will in the next season... and by recruiting it means taking another one from an earlier point in his life. just like they did with asian liber8 guy, if he wasn't a freelancer beforehand, sent to infiltrate liber8 years before liber8 were "executed"?

Comment

I watched season 2 a second time to see what I missed. I think the reason she sees it is because they record and store all memories. Why this one is coming through? Well, Alec 2077 is messing with the base code of her CMR. So perhaps this memory is one of the most traumatic she ever had. That's why it was triggered from the "server."

So, I think that Alec 2013, when Kiera dies, uploads all her memories so he can always "keep in touch," like she talked to her son based on her memories.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Continuum S2 blog #13: Shadows of the Future

Posted by Gary Butler

If you could travel to the past for a chance to save the future, would you risk leaving behind your life, your family, your future? Law enforcer Kiera Cameron wasn’t even given a choice in the year 2077, when a conspiracy sent her over six decades back in time to track down a cell of terrorist/anarchist temporal fugitives. In modern-day Vancouver, she’s doing her job and maintaining her cover while holding out hope that she can eventually get home — assuming the home she knew still exists. Minute by minute and day by day, Keira’s learning that the only time she can trust anyone is now, and it might not be a question of how her dystopian adventure ends so much as when.

--------------------

“I can no longer stand in the shadows...I am your father.” The revelation in this week’s episode of Continuum S2, “Second Time” (it aired last night: watch it HERE), of whom is Alec’s real father is a showstopper, to say the least. Of course, it’s also just one in a group of major revelations that include the true role of the Freelancers and Sadler’s actual business. In fact, the “I can no longer stand in the shadows” portion of the above statement tidily represents the entire episode, which sees every single character change in a major way, from Keira’s husband in 2077 to her partner Carlos in 2013, to name but two.

Early in the episode, when Keira gets arrested by the VCPD (still under erroneous suspicion of killing CSIS agent Gardiner), it’s interesting to hear Alec both accuse her of selfishly making all of her decisions based on her family, only to play the family card himself. Having a sense of not just purpose but also identity overloads, arguably overwhelms Alec here. It also explains his radical and, yes, selfish act at episode’s end.

His accusation is spot-on, of course: everything Keira has done in the past two seasons has involved a blurring of her duties as a police officer and a wife/mother. She doesn’t just cross the line — she flip-flops back and forth over it. She has a good heart, but time and again it gets torn in opposing directions, and she consistently makes poor judgement calls. Alec finally learning the identity of his own father and deciding to side with family first offers concrete insight as to how he becomes “himself” in 2077.

Still, 2077 is decades away, and the showdown conclusion in “Second Time,” which sees Alec, Escher, Keira and the Freelancers hold each other at gunpoint over the fate of the time travel device, ends up taking this series...in an entirely unexpected direction. Who ends up with the time travel device, and to go where with it? I don’t mind admitting that I did not see the finale coming; it’s a total left turn that only enriches this already unpredictable, impressive series.

Speaking of impressive, FX in “Second Time” truly went through the roof (almost literally as well, given the elevator chase!): revisiting the initial 2077 Liber8 execution; setting off the time travel device in 2013; and of course the Matrix-level shootout between Keira and Travis at Escher’s HQ. A mind-blowing episode conceptually, and an explosive one in terms of action. Easily the best of both seasons.

And of course there’s more to come. Season 3 was officially announced in June. Alec excepted, the final fate of the 2013 characters, revealed in a powerful closing montage, shows that when Continuum S3 starts next year, there will be no shortage of momentum. Everything is possible now, because everything has changed, for everyone. To be continuumed? Bring it on.

SEE YOU NEXT SEASON ON THE CONTINUUM BLOG!
                          http://www.showcase.ca/blogs/2353/co...-of-the-future

Comment

My friend recommended this show to me, and I got hooked very fast and watched it in a few evenings. And now I'm very impatient for the next season.

I really enjoyed it (obviously), I like the story and that I have a lot of things to think about. And how they have a nice twist at the end of almost every ep. But I think I wouldn't have watched it if it hadn't been renewed for 3rd season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oddly enough, season 2 is on Netflix
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                                Oddly enough, season 2 is on Netflix
                                Why "oddly enough"? S2 ended a couple of months ago.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X