Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Uggg...I hate that we're behind some of you guys. I was reading and then realized...wait...some of this stuff hasn't happened yet. IDK why they had to start the show later in the US. Concurrent broadcasting would've been better.
    Well, at least some folks will now know how most of us felt during Stargate's run.

Thank goddess for the internet...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well, at least some folks will now know how most of us felt during Stargate's run.

Thank goddess for the internet...
      True...but I always try to use spoiler tags. It would be nice if others would do that too! *COUGH*Gollumpus*COUGH*
      sigpic

Comment

Holy freakin' hell...

Some very interesting developments occured.

Spoiler:
        But damn, did they really have to kill Gardner? I was just starting to like him. He and Keira have such a fun work relationship -- she keeping her enemy in a vice grip and all.
        I felt the same!

Spoiler:
        That was a surprise. If it turns out he hasn't died, that would be a surprise too, but it would lessen the impact, unless they add a nice twist, which is not beyond this show with all its twists and turns! Like they say, 'no one dies in Sci Fi'! I'm going to miss the sparring between him and Kiera.

Poor Alec is put through the wringer having to face Garza and almost being killed. That girlfriend of his is annoying, can't wait to find out what her agenda is, can't work out if she's one of the good guys or not.

I love the glimpses into the future we get that is building up a believable image of life in the future.

Comment

Holy freakin' hell...

Some very interesting developments occured.

Spoiler:
          But damn, did they really have to kill Gardner? I was just starting to like him. He and Keira have such a fun work relationship -- she keeping her enemy in a vice grip and all.

Holly Crap Batman!!!!

Spoiler:
          I did say he should get his "comeuppance" , but I didn't want him dead....just to apologize for being such a 'dik'. I guess its "careful what you wish for- you might get it."

BTW Who the hell is that black dude that shot Agent Gardiner?

Is he one of the gangs that Travis now runs.

He's not original Liber8 ?

The juxtaposition of Garza as the hooker/hit girl in 2077 vs 2013 was cool, with older Alex giving her the choice....not sure I would put so much faith in her choice/wisdom .

Do you think she would have killed young Alex; if Keira had not shown up?

What if all these characters are unwittingly start to turn towards the same common goal.

They say in real war the only lasting solution is a political compromise.
          Last edited by psl1; 17 June 2013, 07:56 PM.
          SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            True...but I always try to use spoiler tags. It would be nice if others would do that too! *COUGH*Gollumpus*COUGH*
            True...

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            I felt the same!
            Spoiler:
            That was a surprise. If it turns out he hasn't died, that would be a surprise too, but it would lessen the impact, unless they add a nice twist, which is not beyond this show with all its twists and turns! Like they say, 'no one dies in Sci Fi'! I'm going to miss the sparring between him and Kiera.
            Spoiler:
            No, I don't want him to miraculously coming back. However, one never knows but it would definitely lessen the impact.

Spoiler:
            Poor Alec is put through the wringer having to face Garza and almost being killed. That girlfriend of his is annoying, can't wait to find out what her agenda is, can't work out if she's one of the good guys or not.
            Spoiler:
            Garza is a scary woman... ...a psychopath if you ask me.

I'm inclined to think that Emily is one of the good guys, but I don't really know. The way she offed that big dude.... oh, that had to hurt.

I love the glimpses into the future we get that is building up a believable image of life in the future.
            Yup, I agree... I love those glimpses a lot.

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
            Holly Crap Batman!!!!
            No kidding!

Spoiler:
            I did say he should get his "comeuppance" , but I didn't want him dead....just to apologize for being such a 'dik'. I guess its "careful what you wish for- you might get it."

BTW Who the hell is that black dude that shot Agent Gardiner?

Is he one of the gangs that Travis now runs.

He's not original Liber8 ?
            Spoiler:
            It was definitely an "oh ****"-moment.

I don't know who these guys are and what kind of game they are playing. I can't even say whether they are supposed to protect the future, keep the future hidden from the general public but they definitely have their own agenda.

I mean - Esscher definitely has an agenda too... and who are those dead people with the dots between their fingers. More time travellers... intrigue, intrigue, intrigue...

Spoiler:
            The juxtaposition of Garza as the hooker/hit girl in 2077 vs 2013 was cool, with older Alex giving her the choice....not sure I would put so much faith in her choice/wisdom .

Do you think she would have killed young Alex; if Keira had not shown up?
            Spoiler:
            That was indeed a surprising piece of information.
            And yes, I think she would have eventually killed Alec -- she was definitely leaning towards it. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Spoiler:
            What if all these characters are unwittingly start to turn towards the same common goal.

They say in real war the only lasting solution is a political compromise.
            Who knows, they just might... and are currently unaware they are in fact turning towards the same goal each in their own unique little way.

Comment

True...

Spoiler:
              That was indeed a surprising piece of information.
              And yes, I think she would have eventually killed Alec -- she was definitely leaning towards it. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Who knows, they just might... and are currently unaware they are in fact turning towards the same goal each in their own unique little way.

Spoiler:
              At this point the show has gone sideways in a great way.

My only worry is - with all these twists and turns in Time- the plot gets hopelessly lost & twisted in such sideslips.

Do you guys/girls think the writers are listening to these running dialogues on the web?

Tweaking the show as they go along?

Comment

Spoiler:
                At this point the show has gone sideways in a great way.

My only worry is - with all these twists and turns in Time- the plot gets hopelessly lost & twisted in such sideslips.

Do you guys/girls think the writers are listening to these running dialogues on the web?

Tweaking the show as they go along?
                I sincerely hope they don't listen. However, at the moment there is a tally running about how the the season finale will run. Apparently viewers can pick the outcome, so who knows what's happening next.

However, if they keep adding to the plot - twists and turns - they could get lost in their own world, which I really don't want to happen to Continuum. Don't let them get Lost! (deliberate use of capital L)

Comment

I sincerely hope they don't listen. However, at the moment there is a tally running about how the the season finale will run. Apparently viewers can pick the outcome, so who knows what's happening next.

However, if they keep adding to the plot - twists and turns - they could get lost in their own world, which I really don't want to happen to Continuum. Don't let them get Lost! (deliberate use of capital L)
                  Agreed... with a capital L.

Comment

However, at the moment there is a tally running about how the the season finale will run. Apparently viewers can pick the outcome, so who knows what's happening next.
                    I sincerely doubt that it'll affect things in any meaningful way. I bet it 'influences' no more than the final scene in the finale going one way or another.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think Kiera is going to end up starting an organization or corporation of her own and become a major player in the future.

Spoiler:
                      She's starting to realize that all these other factions are too organized and have too much power for her to tackle with the resources she has. With Alec trying to start his own company and worrying about his own future, Kiera knows she can't so dependent on him. Having used the time travel device, she's getting a glimpse into how powerful she can be if she fully utilizes her future tech.

Comment

Found this on youtube:

http://youtu.be/Im-sP1diMTY

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        The girl Alec hook up with is sent from Mr. Escher, i don't think she evil. She had "kill" one of guy who try to find alec, who is that guy by the way?
                        Graza ---- she's a ***** and seen her in falling Skies.
                        Should someone worry about Kiera Safety, now that Gardner had been killed(i am starting to like this guy!!).
                        And who snatch the body??

And i watch this and "Homeland" because of the female main character!!Both of them got the brain!!
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 June 2013, 07:33 AM. Reason: Tagged.
                        sigpic

Comment

I love it when they don't beat about the bush like that with..

Spoiler:
                          Gardner being killed, reminds me of The Sarah Connor Chronicles when they killed off one of the main cast, no build up, no moody music, just bang bang your dead.

Doubt he will survive, he didn't look to have been wearing a vest.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            He got shot in the head....he's dead.

Comment

That clip with Rachel was funny. Now back to the series back to the time travel series is that its easy for them to get lost in their timelines or letting it get out of hand a bit. Think of Lost,Fringe, and other shows who ventured a bit. Now I don't have issues with this but I know its not everyone's cup of tea.
                              sigpic

Favorite quote:
                              McKay: You shot me!
                              Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                              Ronon: You shot me, too.
                              Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Why does crap like Defiance get its own sub forum, while a great show like Contiuum doesn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X