Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding anything about the Liber8 group to sympathize with. Thus far they've done nothing but steal, murder and destroy everything that gets in their way. I'm not finding a single shred of decency in any of them. I sympathize somewhat with their cause, but not the way they are going about doing anything to further their cause.

Spoiler:
    At first I had a bit of sympathy for the woman that got kidnapped, but that went downhill really fast when she admitted what the corporate higher ups had done to the pension plan.

And I've been curious about how Keira is supporting herself. Is she going back to the ATMs and stealing more money? I realize she needs a way to support herself, but she's turned into a thief in order to do that. Does she feel that her own cause justifies that?

I felt very badly for Kellogg when his "grandmother" was shot and killed; that was so unnecessary. However, it was interesting that he didn't disappear when she died. Perhaps, as Alex suggested in an earlier episode, a separate timeline has been created with this time traveling bit.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking that Keira's husband is somehow mixed up in the wrong side of the dispute in 2077. In my opinion, he seems to know more than he's letting Keira know.
    I have yet to see anything about Liber8 that I sympathise with, looking forward to the new season in April to find out if that changes. It's what I like about this show, each side equally capable of being heroes and villains.

Spoiler:
    I suspect my view might change as we find out more about what Kiera's husband seems to be hiding and his part in the upheaval going on in 2077, will be going on.... don't you just hate how time travel messes with tenses! !!

I would have thought Keira is being 'paid' for her 'job' it would have been a simple thing for young Alex to organise with his computing talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      Tell them to look at the UK's history on privatisation in the last 30 years and learn a valuable lesson from our continued failures...

Back OT, I hope my little comment didn't spoil the plot for anyone, it has been a while since I watched but I am pretty sure that's established in the first episode (actually in the opening credits iirc), but sorry if I have let the cat out the bag in some way, it's still worth watching to the end.

I'll use spoilers in future, I sometimes forget how lucky some of us are to see these shows when they air.
      US Congress...listen to the citizens? ROFLMAO...that is the funniest thing I've heard in my entire life!
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds a lot like our Government then

Regarding Kellogg, I theorised at the time that....

Spoiler:
        he or his mother was adopted, thus not part of the direct genetic family tree.

But they've not addressed it yet, and I really really hate TV shows that like to go down the "timestream" route to explain away this stuff.

Comment

Not a bad theory Ian, I'll run with that...
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Sounds a lot like our Government then

Regarding Kellogg, I theorised at the time that....

Spoiler:
            he or his mother was adopted, thus not part of the direct genetic family tree.

But they've not addressed it yet, and I really really hate TV shows that like to go down the "timestream" route to explain away this stuff.
            I had that thought as well. But I still felt badly for him.

Comment

I had that thought as well. But I still felt badly for him.
              Same here. I actually like him quite a bit.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved that Betty got more to do in last night's episode. She certainly looked like she was having fun in that game.

Good for Kellog for coming to Keira's rescue.

I like the interaction between Keira and Alec, but it would be nice if Keira ever said thank you to him for all that he's been doing for her.

Looks like Liber8 is going after Alec next week and likely his family as well.

Comment

Loved that Betty got more to do in last night's episode. She certainly looked like she was having fun in that game.

I like the interaction between Keira and Alec, but it would be nice if Keira ever said thank you to him for all that he's been doing for her.

I agree about Kellogg. Maybe he will end up helping her more than she thinks.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe Keira is showing us that common courtesies such as saying "thank you" have gone by the way side. Heck...I'm shocked when I hear it now. I always use "thank you," "yessir," "yes ma'am," etc. Sometimes when I say it, people look at me like I just cursed them.

Yes, I agree it looks like Alec has the bull's eye on his butt next week. I hope the skinny, emo step brother that needs to eat a dozen cheeseburgers gets slapped around a bit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Maybe Keira is showing us that common courtesies such as saying "thank you" have gone by the way side. Heck...I'm shocked when I hear it now. I always use "thank you," "yessir," "yes ma'am," etc. Sometimes when I say it, people look at me like I just cursed them.

Yes, I agree it looks like Alec has the bull's eye on his butt next week. I hope the skinny, emo step brother that needs to eat a dozen cheeseburgers gets slapped around a bit.
                      Yep. Me too on saying "thank you" and so forth.

I saw the step brother, very briefly, in the previews for next week. Looked like something was happening at the family farm and the stepbrother was involved in it.

Comment

Will Syfy broadcast the second season at the same time Showcase does? The second season is starting in April sometime and I hope so as it would be good if we can all discuss it when we all watch at the same time. I always feel I might inadvertently spoil something as it's been a while since the last episode of season 1 was aired here.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          Will Syfy broadcast the second season at the same time Showcase does? The second season is starting in April sometime and I hope so as it would be good if we can all discuss it when we all watch at the same time. I always feel I might inadvertently spoil something as it's been a while since the last episode of season 1 was aired here.
                          I highly doubt it. We're not finished with the first season.
                          sigpic

Comment

We will be in 2 weeks. I think SyFy wants to see how successful Continuum is before importing additional seasons. Similar to what they did with Lost Girl
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

If it's only two weeks left then perhaps the idea is to go straight into season two alongside viewers in Canada given the timing of the end of season 1. Continuum has turned out to be a really successful show for Showcase.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...emiere/135945/

How are the rating numbers doing in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                If it's only two weeks left then perhaps the idea is to go straight into season two alongside viewers in Canada given the timing of the end of season 1. Continuum has turned out to be a really successful show for Showcase.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...emiere/135945/

How are the rating numbers doing in the US?
                                Here are the ratings as of today:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/co...ratings-26368/

Not terribly good.

Comment

Working...
                                X