Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    yes, and it's available on DVD for £17,- on Amazon. Not yet on BluRay though, which i think is really weird.
    £17 on Amazon...!
    I bought my box set for £15 from my local Asda store. It is odd that there there is no Bluray edition.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      £17 on Amazon...!
      I bought my box set for £15 from my local Asda store. It is odd that there there is no Bluray edition.
      Pre-order was £14,99 with free delivery for Belgium. I had a look at it, but let it go 'cause I decided I wanted a BluRay or HD version. It's been on TV here in Belgium in HD, before the DVD was out in the UK. So ordering the DVD was kinda out of the question for me.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Truth be told, I was very surprised to see it on TV here (Belgium that is). Caught a glimps of one of the previews when it was about to start and almost fell out of my seat totally surprised by it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Truth be told, I was very surprised to see it on TV here (Belgium that is). Caught a glimps of one of the previews when it was about to start and almost fell out of my seat totally surprised by it.
          Same here, that's why I was even more surprised there was no Blu Ray version yet.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I was watching Showcase today and during an ad for another show I was glad to see a note at the bottom of the screen saying that the new series of Continuum was coming in April!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              I was watching Showcase today and during an ad for another show I was glad to see a note at the bottom of the screen saying that the new series of Continuum was coming in April!
              The first season is now showing on Syfy.

The second season is supposed to air in Canada in April. There's a possibility that the 2d season will run on Syfy at that time as well. Unfortunately, the ratings for the show have not been good, and Syfy has cancelled shows for somewhat higher ratings than Continuum has gotten on that network.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                The first season is now showing on Syfy.

The second season is supposed to air in Canada in April. There's a possibility that the 2d season will run on Syfy at that time as well. Unfortunately, the ratings for the show have not been good, and Syfy has cancelled shows for somewhat higher ratings than Continuum has gotten on that network.
                Lets not forget imports are cheaper than US produced shows.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

What's up with the show vilifying private enterprise?

Comment

Syfy doesn't own Continuum so it can't cancel what it doesn't own. Just our luck.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      What's up with the show vilifying private enterprise?
                      Big business has taken over everything in 2077 (where the show starts), and there is no democracy. A group of people want to change that by going back in time and changing things so by the time 2077 rolls around again, there will be democracy and freedom of speech, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Syfy doesn't own Continuum so it can't cancel what it doesn't own. Just our luck.
                        They cancelled "Sanctuary" and they didn't own that. It also wasn't getting good ratings at the time it was cancelled.

Comment

Continuum got some friendly press in the New York Times:

They’re From the Future, and Canada
                          ‘Continuum’ on Syfy Is Latest Canadian TV Import
                          http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/ar...tv-import.html

Comment

They cancelled "Sanctuary" and they didn't own that. It also wasn't getting good ratings at the time it was cancelled.
                            That is whole different scenario. Sanctuary was joint owned by SyFy and the Canadian channel that ran it. I think their may have been a 3rd company too. Continnuum is completely produced by a Canadian company.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Big business has taken over everything in 2077 (where the show starts), and there is no democracy. A group of people want to change that by going back in time and changing things so by the time 2077 rolls around again, there will be democracy and freedom of speech, etc.
                              That's not what I meant. Less government, more free enterprise; this would provide Americans with a freer future. From what I've read, the future depicted in 2077 is what is going to happen if our government gains too much power. Look around, it's already happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                That's not what I meant. Less government, more free enterprise; this would provide Americans with a freer future. From what I've read, the future depicted in 2077 is what is going to happen if our government gains too much power. Look around, it's already happening.
                                You asked why the "show was villifying private enterprise". If you meant something else, you should have written something else.

And the show does not depict what is going to happen. It merely suggests a possible future. Nothing is carved in stone. Remember, it's just fiction that could possibly happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X