Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Loved the show (just finished watching it), but can't stand some of the reviews I've read. People complaining about how the protagonist of the show is portrayed as a good character even though she works for fascism, people comparing the situation to Hitler and Nazi Germany, complaining that the "freedom fighters" are portrayed as terrorists (which is pretty much what they are) etc etc...

It's a TV show set over a half century in the future. You can't put any more "fiction" in science fiction. Those people really need to get over themselves.
    I think that's part of the show, no one is a black and white character and it does make you think about who is the 'good guy'. Give the show some time and you'll see how it works out, sometimes having shades of gray works out for better character development. Having seen the entire show, I won't say anymore
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I have to wonder how much the older Alec knows about events, considering the smug smile on his face at the aborted execution, and when he "met" Keira for the first time in the future when her husband introduced them.

Comment

As I saw the first episode of Continuum, I watched with interest hoping the show would push the standard level of think/imagination to new levels, but what kind of idea is Continuum selling to its audience. What is the point of Continuum.? The first scene shows the destruction of a building which we later learn was the killing of corporate dealers by corporate haters. However, are these corporate dealers innocent Angels? Will the point of Continuum be to make Corporations God, and any who are against corporations look like spineless cowards or murderous monsters? In the past, cop shows depicted environmentalist as crazy people or monsters, now the new target seems to be corporate haters. Lastly, is the real goal of this show to improve the public image of the Koch brothers of Koch industries, Rupert Murdoch of Fox, and the Walton’s of Wal-Mart?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I rewatched the first episode this evening. I'm finding at this point that I don't have much sympathy for the lead female character. Hopefully she'll become more sympathetic as the show goes on.

I certainly have no sympathy for the rebels.

I do have a lot of sympathy for the folks of 2013 Vancouver, B.C.
          1. It's 2012 Vancouver!

2. I do have sympathy for Kiera at this point. She's certainly not whiter than white but she's ultimately a long way from home and trying to do right by her family and everything she knows.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            1. It's 2012 Vancouver!

2. I do have sympathy for Kiera at this point. She's certainly not whiter than white but she's ultimately a long way from home and trying to do right by her family and everything she knows.
            Picky, picky, picky. I've just started watching it in 2013, so for me that's where it is. However, I do realize that it was filmed in 2012 or maybe even 2011.

From what I've read about today's episode, it should be quite interesting.

Comment

I really did enjoy the first episode. It was much better than I expected it to be. Hopefully, the second episode is as enjoyable.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The second episode was on tonight, and it was a lot more exciting than the first episode.

Spoiler:
                I think I'm actually starting to feel a bit of sympathy for Keira. Though I find it interesting that she's an officer of the law and some of the first things she does is steal money from an ATM machine and later a car. Though I do understand that it's about the only thing she can do in her predicament.

I also see some jealousy on the horizon on the part of the Captain's assistant.

Comment

This is fun - seeing reviews of the first season. For me this show had to grow into its own and I wasn't entirely convinced it would get a second season, but I am very glad to admit I was wrong cause now I'm eagerly waiting for that new season.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree. Roll on season 2.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Picky, picky, picky. I've just started watching it in 2013, so for me that's where it is. However, I do realize that it was filmed in 2012 or maybe even 2011.

From what I've read about today's episode, it should be quite interesting.
                      Not only that but they reference the characters being in 2012 plenty of times. "What year is this?" "2012".
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Episode 2 was very enjoyable. So far, so good for me. I will definitely keep tuning in.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Last night's episode was good.

Spoiler:
                          Though after that fight between Carlos and Curtis, one would have thought Carlos would have more injuries than he did. His arm in a sling. A bandaid on his nose. I would have thought there would be at least a few cracked ribs given how Curtis kicked and punched him.

I was confused a bit, too, on what was wrong with Travis (the leader), since he was in bed and apparently needing a lot of nursing, and was finally injected with what I assume was a strength enhancing drug or human hormone. He really looked terrible for a moment just before Sonja injected him. It looked like his skin was almost peeling off of him. Did he get injured in the explosion at the university?

Comment

So far, I am really liking this show. Anyone know how it is doing ratings-wise?
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Re: Ratings

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/co...ratings-26368/

Comment

It was certainly a hit ratings wise for Showtime in Canada. They started filming season two on Jan 23rd, at least I've got another show I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X