No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had me an epiphany today while I was educating a co-worker this show.

At the start of the series, we see the building collapse due to the actions of Liber8, with the loss of thousands(?) of lives.

We find out later that Kiera was particularly upset by this because her husband was supposed to be in the building, in a meeting with a group which included future Alec Sadler (the primary target of the bomb).

We find out later still that the meeting was moved at the last minute by Sadler, and therefore all of those individuals were saved from the blast.

So what about all of the folks who were allowed to die in that building?

I'm thinking I don't like future Alec all that much.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Well, Alec was the only one of the Corporate Congress to survive, he said he knew it was going to happen, perhaps he wanted complete control.

Comment

The event your referring to was another building/explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          The event your referring to was another building/explosion.
          Perhaps you are right, however, the thought remains the same. Alec Sadler moved himself, Greg (Kiera's husband) and several others to a different location and left all of the other people who were in that building to be exposed to the blast.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Promotion is popping up all over the place:

http://constructionchest.smugmug.com...D6A5206-X2.jpg

Comment

it aired here in the UK last week, we had a fair few of the cast live tweeting while the episode was on

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Cool!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wonder when this series will be available on DVD or bluray for others to watch it.
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    I wonder when this series will be available on DVD or bluray for others to watch it.
                    Could be a while - it only just ended its first run on TV in Canada.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

DVD's are often released a month prior to commencement of the next season's broadcast. I suppose it makes sense from a marketing POV. Meh. I guess. Maybe.

Comment

Thoughts on the first two eps that have aired in the UK.

First a copy and paste of a ramble I wrote elsewhere regarding ep 1:

Spoiler:
                        Oh boy this show looks very interesting.

I think the show and society in 2012 is summed up by a comment I saw online "it's a pity they made the good guys(who are meant to be the bad guys) so violent". Very interesting set up, don't know enough about the ruling corps of 2077 to be able to judge them yet though but Liber8 are obviously scum.

To me Liber8 represents the type of people that declare themselves morally superior and then think that there's no line they can't cross in the name of their cause. As I said, I can't vouch for the corps at this point, but Kiera's at least the lesser of two evils compared to them!

I guess for her, the corps are the devil she knows, if governments as we know them fell circa 2057 then she may not even remember democracy as we know it.

Now my thoughts on Fast Times

Spoiler:

1. If anything I got a bit of a Life on Mars vibe from this ep in that Kiera, like Sam Tyler is used to relying on technology to solve crimes.

2. Interesting that Liber8 were able to work out how to get back in theory...of course it doesn't yet work.

3. I think Liber8 assumed that they had nothing to lose by letting Kellog stay in 2012, he may yet turn out to be the one half-decent one of the bunch.

4. OK, so Kiera's initial cover got blown..."FBI Special Agent Cameron" would still be out of her jurisdiction though right?

5. Where's Kagame got to, we know he's going to show up!

Still interesting but not spectacular so far.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I do not think there any good guys in this series, not the corps, not libre8 and may be not the kid either who I think is only helping her so he can steal her technology and knowledge of the future.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Kiera's certainly not whiter than white but she;s the lesser of two evils compared to Liber8. Not sure where you're getting the idea that Alex wants to steal her tech from
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Kiera's certainly not whiter than white but she;s the lesser of two evils compared to Liber8. Not sure where you're getting the idea that Alex wants to steal her tech from
                              Spoiler:
                              He uses every opportunity he can take to have a look at her technology. Plus I just have a feeling slimy and completely untrustworthy and playing his own game. An would he really be helping her if she did not have that fancy suit of hers.
                              Kiera's better than both the corps and Libre8 but I suspect she will also do anything to protect the corporations at least for the moment anyway.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                You're probably right about Kiera, I've certainly read hints that she's been trained to protect the corps over the individual - I guess it's a case of "protect the corps and the corps will protect you". As for Alex, well he already knows that he's on course to be a Mr Big...suspect Kiera would be more than willing to help him in that
                                Last edited by Matt G; 07 October 2012, 04:41 AM. Reason: Bad tag
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X