No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CISI guy becoming "Mulder"..... and we already have the "Smoking Man" [old Alex]....if Scully shows up.... I may have to re-adjust my 'meds'.
    SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
      Rachel Nichols does not look good as a brunette. The color simply doesn't match her complexion, and I don't see why she had to change her hair color for the role anyway.

I think she looks great with darker hair. It does make her look older, but she's supposed to be a believable mother and cop. I think she looks like a little girl with blonde hair.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I wonder how this show doesn't have more followers! They need to market this show better and bring it to the States. It is probably my favorite show right now on television! I really hope there's a season 2!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        6.) Kiera also had some kind of device which may, or may not have been part of the suit, which allowed her to inject Ingram with some kind of truth serum(?) out by the dumpster.
        No the multitool did that, not the suit.

Comment

Second season

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/con...nd-season.html

Continuum - Showcase Orders Second Season
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

It feels great to be proven wrong - in this case anyway.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Terrific news!
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I don't care for the show that much , but its nice seeing more bits of Vancouver blow up! ;-D
                SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  No the multitool did that, not the suit.
                  I believe you are correct. Perhaps that bio-detector/finger print dust ("The Politics of Time") was from the multi-tool as well?

I wonder if it has a finite number of charges for these effects?

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                    I don't care for the show that much , but its nice seeing more bits of Vancouver blow up! ;-D
                    LOL! So, it's that much fun to see how many different ways the place we live in can be destroyed?!!! Maple Ridge alone has been hit by asteroids, lava flows, electrical storms and tornadoes, I've lost count!

I for one am glad that the show has returned for a second season. Also good news for people in the States and UK where they will get to see it.

Comment

I'm not sure how I came to this conclusion but
                      Spoiler:
                      based on what we know Kiera's husband Greg was upset that she was in the room with the terrorists so maybe he knew that they would be travelling back in time. Maybe future Alec knew that by Liber8 going back in time they would essentially be gone from existence and he would be safe. Now in the finale we know that some mysterious organization - Section 6 - which previously did not exist was said to have given Kiera clearance with the FBI guy, so I'm thinking that maybe her husband, or possibly her son, travelled back in time as well to an earlier date (perhaps around the 1950's when all these secret government departments were gaining power) and set up Section 6 to help Kiera out in 2012.

Then again we were told that there were some others who came back in time to escape the future, so maybe they had the means to track other time jumps and have been following Liber8 and Kiera the whole time, and knowing that Liber8 was a threat decided to help Keira out.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        based on what we know Kiera's husband Greg was upset that she was in the room with the terrorists so maybe he knew that they would be travelling back in time. Maybe future Alec knew that by Liber8 going back in time they would essentially be gone from existence and he would be safe. Now in the finale we know that some mysterious organization - Section 6 - which previously did not exist was said to have given Kiera clearance with the FBI guy, so I'm thinking that maybe her husband, or possibly her son, travelled back in time as well to an earlier date (perhaps around the 1950's when all these secret government departments were gaining power) and set up Section 6 to help Kiera out in 2012.

Then again we were told that there were some others who came back in time to escape the future, so maybe they had the means to track other time jumps and have been following Liber8 and Kiera the whole time, and knowing that Liber8 was a threat decided to help Keira out.
                        Interesting thought, I too have wondered about Keira's husband....

Spoiler:
                        ....he was definitely involved in some way in what happened, he didn't seem very surprised when the building was blown up. I too have thought that there were some others that have gone further back in time. Your idea that they knew that Liber8 was going to make trouble in 2012 so set themselves up with a view to stopping them when the time came is one that crossed my mind too. Perhaps the FBI guy who saw her disappear is actually one of them and was just trying to verify that it was indeed her and now he has to work out how to reveal himself to her and what their plan of action is to stop Liber8.

Comment

Continuum comes to Germany ! Kind of fast... But I like it and will check it out soon, no date set though !
                          sigpic

Comment

I am looking forward to it coming to the USA.. right now I have to get this show online..
                            My Story:
                            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Spoiler:

Well, there are some things which can be explained away if we assume that Greg is in on "it", but there's also the possibility that he is only in on "it" to a certain point.

Spoiler:

It's possible that future Alec has been grooming (read "manipulating") Greg as Alec knew he was Kiera's husband, even before he met her in the future. I believe he was in Alec Sadler's inner circle and he knew everything, except for what future Alec didn't tell him, which was everything to do with the time travel device.

1.) Might Greg suggesting that Kiera join the protectors have been a suggestion dropped in his ear by Sadler? Greg suggests it in episode 4, "Matter of Time" at the end of the episode just after the lights have come back on.

My impression of Greg is that he was okay with Kiera being on the force as it was something that probably looked good on his resume, but that he also wanted Kiera to be home on time to cook dinner and look after their son. If he was in on "it" then why would he be pressuring Kiera to reduce her involvement with the force and spend more time at home?

2.) To me, Greg did seem surprised that events unfolded as they did in the supposed execution chamber. He only became very agitated when he noticed the device(s) that the Liber8 guys were handing around. If he knew what was going to happen then he was playing a part written for him by future Alec. This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

3.) If future Alec was concerned about Liber8, and he was going to send them into the past to get rid of them, wouldn't killing them in 2077 be a whole lot easier?

Future Alec has to send them into the past because that is what closes the loop.

4.) I was originally under the impression that Kellog was behind the call from Section 6. He denied it, but I think it wouldn't be the first time that he's lied in his life.

However, with the introduction of Martin Bradley (the other time traveler), I'm rethinking my position. There were indeed a number of other folks who were in that room when the device went off. It's possible that one (or more?) of them have been working behind the scenes through various historical events.

The problem I *might* have with this is, Liber8 had eight members, and they are now down to three members, four if you count Kellog, or six if you don't believe Verta and Kagame are really dead. Now, if there are one or more additional protectors (or like minded individuals) out there who could be helping Kiera this next season, what chance do the remaining Liber8 members have?

If Liber8 is so much reduced in strength then the writers are going to have to have to give the remaining members some means to make them even more dangerous than they already have been to balance Kiera and her new potential friend(s)... OR, the individual (or group) that is behind Section 6 will develop into the primary antagonist for the remainder of the series as they try to push forward the corporate agenda to get the future as they know it to occur.

And will Kiera then have to seek out the assistance of Liber8 to stop this from happening?

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
                                I think she looks great with darker hair. It does make her look older, but she's supposed to be a believable mother and cop. I think she looks like a little girl with blonde hair.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I wonder how this show doesn't have more followers! They need to market this show better and bring it to the States. It is probably my favorite show right now on television! I really hope there's a season 2!!!!!!!
                                It doesn't look right on her. I know at least two red headed actresses that probably look better as brunettes than they do as red heads. The same cannot be said for Nichols, or Nicole Kidman.

Blonde Nichols = more followers
                                Brunette Nichols = less followers

Comment

Working...
                                X