No announcement yet.

Apotheosis (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great final episode. That ending was indeed something special.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      What a great final episode. That ending was indeed something special.
      Indeed! Just watched it last night and I was hungry for more! A very good idea alas I wish we got a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Indeed! Just watched it last night and I was hungry for more! A very good idea alas I wish we got a second season.
        Same here. Caprica could have really done a lot in Season 2.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Same here. Caprica could have really done a lot in Season 2.
          Couldn't agree with you more, Caprica was a very good show. Unfortunately, it didn't find it's audience in a large enough number in time...
          sigpic
          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

On the other hand, I'd prefer this scenario, an amazing first and only season with a good ending, above a continuation and a mediocre second season with an abrupt cliffhanger end. So maybe this is for the better
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
              Couldn't agree with you more, Caprica was a very good show. Unfortunately, it didn't find it's audience in a large enough number in time...
              Too many people just can't appreciate actual quality television.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well I just watched the last 2 episodes of Caprica and that was fraking awesome! I'm not so pissed about it ending since Blood and Chrome is going to be made. It just seems to be that Blood and Chrome would've been apart of the Caprica series at some point but because the ratings indicated fans wanted more action and less talk ending Caprica this way kind of gives us a mini series. I wasn't going to buy Caprica on DVD because I thought the ending was going to be terrible and leave me crusing at the tv.

I am glad they got to explain the William Adama mysteries. Eye colour, mother's name etc.

I'm ready for the next chapter in the BSG universe just as long as they don't take long amounts of time from the pilot to the tv series. SyFy really needs a good shake. If they want to be a station where one can come to watch NEW science fictions shows than they need to start acting like one and treat their sci-fi shows with respect. Want to have long breaks for shows? Then make the seasons shorter. Don't tell your fans that you'll have to wait until next year to see the second half of a season and then suddenly change your minds, bring it back early, put it on Tuesday night and then yank the series before it's even done airing. Announce it's canceled and you'll bring it back for marathon after the Canadians have long watched the final five episodes. Though me being Canadian that last part was a good thing.

And yeah, I'm buying it on DVD. Worth it to add to my collection.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'm just wondering what happend to Tamara? Will we see the Adult William Adama being approached by a cylon who's about to blow off his head and hear it say, "William, I am your Sister!" That and I seriously hope to see Zoe, even as an Adult *or unaged terminator/half-skinjob like her parents made her*
                  Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

I finally got around to seeing this today. Truly awesome, and the perfect close to the series. It is sad that Caprica couldn't pull enough viewers, or that the subplots were weak in places. But when all is said and done, these 18 episodes are a very important part of the Galactica Universe, and the team has done so well to bring us what they did.

Let us hope that the spirit and charisma we've seen in the two series' so far is preserved and augmented in the upcoming series, Blood and Chrome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe some loose threads will get picked up in the next series? Doesn't B&C take place only, uh, 20 or so years later? Maybe we'll see Zoe again?
                      Spoiler:
                      One concept art image from B&C makes me suspect it.

I've already posted somewhere how much I loved the ending, but I could say it again and again. Final minutes were so powerful! It felt like they told season 2 or 2.0 ideas and how they were going to get to point where cylons start to rebel. If the montage is anything to go by, then Caprica would've gotten really good!

First episodes were slow, but I'm so glad I hang on there, and got to enjoy this show.
                      sigpic

Comment

that was a great, but i do have a few questions what happened to Lacey parents ?

and are the Cylons in the BSG re-imagined are half alien half human ? or just humans clones with memories downloaded , this has always confused , kind of like Blade Runner too
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Brilliant ending, I'm now really sad about this show's fate.

Comment

Just watched the final marathon on Syfy and wow....just WOW! I totally didn't expect it to end like that! Looking back i think it's fair to assume this how the writters planned to end season 1 all along. Personally, i actually saw each half as two seperate seasons because of how much happened between them.

I'm not sure why so many complained about the initial pacing but i really liked it. I enjoyed watching the characters evolve and finding out what their individual agendas were. It makes me extremly sad that the suits at Syfy decided not to renew the series, i thought they were better than that.

Oh well, atleast we got a new series to look forward too.

Originally posted by prelator View Post
                            And yeah I thought it was funny too how they advertised the show for months as showing Bill Adam's childhood, only to say, "haha, wrong William Adama, suckers!"
                            That really pissed me off when i found out. Especially after that scene where Willie's grandma is talking about "a ship's crew is like a family...", can't believe they pulled a 180 on us with that ****.

Oh, one little easter egg that i though was interesting:
                            Spoiler:
                            After Amanda tended to Agent Duram she says left him with "Cottle". I wonder if that's the same dude from BSG(either was it was neat bit of fan service).

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett View Post
                              Just watched the final marathon on Syfy and wow....just WOW! I totally didn't expect it to end like that! Looking back i think it's fair to assume this how the writters planned to end season 1 all along. Personally, i actually saw each half as two seperate seasons because of how much happened between them.

I'm not sure why so many complained about the initial pacing but i really liked it. I enjoyed watching the characters evolve and finding out what their individual agendas were. It makes me extremly sad that the suits at Syfy decided not to renew the series, i thought they were better than that.

Oh well, atleast we got a new series to look forward too.

That really pissed me off when i found out. Especially after that scene where Willie's grandma is talking about "a ship's crew is like a family...", can't believe they pulled a 180 on us with that ****.

Oh, one little easter egg that i though was interesting:
                              Spoiler:
                              After Amanda tended to Agent Duram she says left him with "Cottle". I wonder if that's the same dude from BSG(either was it was neat bit of fan service).
                              Also note as far as that particular convo went with Willie Adama, they were building a wooden sailboat like the one he had on the Galactica.

Comment

so evelyn taught her son how to built wooden ships

it was interesting to see things develop, the term skin jobs, I wonder where the Zoe bot went, unless she was their 'god' or cylon 13 (I can't remember if we ever found out the last one or not)

what happened to tamara? did she just live out her eternal life in V-world? Or when Zoe destroyed Clarice's 'heaven' did she also destroy all of v-world?

In a way, it was kinda good that it ended at one season, because I never got the '20 episodes of story that must stretch to 60 episodes' feeling....but maybe if they'd have gone into it expecting to only go a finite duration some things could have been paced better.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X