No announcement yet.

There Is Another Sky (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have tauron vengeance loose in v-world.

'a spirit cannot rest until it's avenged', tamara can never be avenged, because tehy will never know who the real bomber is.

we have zoe who is disgusted with the depravity not only of v-world, but of her own because it is the capricans that made the v-world and all the 'bad' stuff there. v-world gives them a sense of immortality and lack of consequence, so they do anything they want.

the dark secret that i think will come out is the damage that v-world does to a person. For example, in the roulette game, if you deres, they say you don't come back into v-world....why? If you die in v-world do you die in real life? or does it do so much psychological damage that you never recover?

we see that tamara can't die in v-world, can zoe? will what happens to her in v-world effect her machine body?

tamara is sentient and aware, yet she'd never be called alive. we saw that daniel, when he saw zoe, immediately dismissed her as just a construct.

what if tamara or zoe learn to replicate themselves? what if they learn to make more sentient and invulnerable creations?

i am thinking, there is no mention of v-world or the holoband at all in bsg, i'm thinking that the plug will get pulled, and quite hard. I'm thinking that Joseph will find tamara, but others will see the danger in electronic life that they can't control, and they'll pull the plug. alienating adama, but also laying into zoe - and any that download elsewhere - a deep distrust if not hate of the humans. they will see the humans as genocidal murderers. which could be the basis of the cylon desire to wipe out the humans. greystone may be the leader of the 'pull the plug' movement, which could explain the schism between cylon models, those that spring from tamara, that hate the humans that killed the others, and those that come from zoe, who still remembers her father and doesn't hate the humans as much as she just wants a monotheistic existence and tolose the depravity of the humans.

basically, tamara is the basis of cavil and his friends, zoe is the basis of six and boomer and those.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      the dark secret that i think will come out is the damage that v-world does to a person. For example, in the roulette game, if you deres, they say you don't come back into v-world....why? If you die in v-world do you die in real life? or does it do so much psychological damage that you never recover?
      lol no...it simply means than once u get "kicked" you're not allowed to return
      kinda like an MMORPG with very strict rules :|

Comment

how do we know?

i don't think we've ever seen the other side of the 'deresing'

and maybe not everyone, surely it'd hit the news if there were hundreds of vegheads appearing every day, but what if there is some sort of psychological damage caused by dying in v-world?

sigpic

Comment

I really, really enjoyed this episode. The V World looks utterly gorgeous. It has a noir feel, an art deco look with a dash of steampunk and Tamarak rocks my socks. She is so far the coolest Adama next to Sam. The funeral ritual at the end of the episode was fascinating. I still don't like Joseph. He is such a whimp but I was bit more sympathetic towards him in this episode.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Stunned.

I have never watched BSG or Caprica and was sitting up with a fussy baby with nothing on so figured I'd just watch SyFy...this episode was one...it blew me away...I went back and watched all of Caprica on Hulu during other moments of spare time and/or feedings.

I was amazed and I now think I wanna give BSG a second chance!
            sigpic

Comment

I LOVE THAT EP Best one yet
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

1. Will Adama - kid with issues.

2. Tamara - Adama - getting used to virtual world - presume JOe's going to attempt to track her down.

3. 'When' Zoe gets her cover blown - things will get interesting.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                  I dont think they looked anything like Vipers at all, however if you've ever played a game on the PC called "Crimson Skies" then that might explain a bit..
                  looked like jet's to me more then vipers but i would need to see a pic.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    3. 'When' Zoe gets her cover blown - things will get interesting.
                    i think she's going to spill the beans to the tech then to her parents.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i didnt like the BSG and have watched it few episodes and still dont like it ..
                      caprica in another hand is just awesome

the thing about it what is cool is that all the tech and v world and so on it makes the show look realy good
                      bsg was tight rooms and mostly on a space ship with talking action and few minutes of space battle for a 10 episode (dont get me wrong i have not seen a lot of it and the episodes are random)
                      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

i think, with caprica, if you watched bsg, a few things will make more sense. Like the 'dread' of daniel's cyborg having the scanning red eye and stuff like that

just bits and pieces that will make more sense if you've seen bsg. but are fine on their own if you haven't

sigpic

Comment

Great episode (first post!)
                          The pilot actually put me off and this is the first episode I've seen since. I'll watching regularly if the episodes continue to be this good.

A thought occurs to me. Could the girl in the virtual reality (sorry, don't know names yet) learn to reverse the avator controls and take control of the minds of the players?

It'd be a good way to build forces quickly before the cylons have factories and the like.
                          Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                          Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                          Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                          Song: Louder!
                          Dalek louder: Mercy!
                          Song: One more time.
                          Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

A young Doc Cottle?

...or an old Tom Zarek?

Comment

based on the timeline I'd say Doc Cottle's father, but it's probably not intended to be such and just us adding 2+2 together and coming up with 4582.

Comment

Just some dude in a suit?

I find the bit where everyone thinks everyone we see is related to the Galactica crew amusing, there were 12 colonies, we've seen a handfull of people from one of those colonies and suddenly everyones related

Comment

Working...
                                X