No announcement yet.

Rebirth (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a question if anyone can answer it for me, what is the deal with Tammy appearing at the dinner table to her father Josef Adama, was it just his imagination his mind playing tricks on him, or was it cylon projection and she's trying to contact her father to let him know that she's still there ?????????
    sigpic
    siggy made by RogueRanger
    http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
    killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
      I got a question if anyone can answer it for me, what is the deal with Tammy appearing at the dinner table to her father Josef Adama, was it just his imagination his mind playing tricks on him, or was it cylon projection and she's trying to contact her father to let him know that she's still there ?????????
      i think it was just in his mind. he wants to be with her but not if she's going to freak out like she did before.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

dad was seeing things

although, it COULD eventually show up that - with some people - the holoworld thingies can cause hallucinations.

too early to tell for sure
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          dad was seeing things

although, it COULD eventually show up that - with some people - the holoworld thingies can cause hallucinations.

too early to tell for sure
          That would certainly be interesting--if the holo-world is the ultimate cause of Cylon projection....
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

it certainly wouldn't be the first time a tech advancement has unforeseen side effects...such as holopsychosis, where you mind can't differentiate between the holo world and the real world...after all, you 'see' and 'hear' what your brain tells you to see or hear, and those signals SHOULD come from your eyes and ears, however if something is getting in the way - for example a sensory generator that's between the eyes/ears and brain, then you you see what's not really there....kinda like looking at a bright light and then closing your eyes and seeing the after image, cept this isn't an afterimage, it's an image itself

this could explain why, in BSG, there's no mention of holotechnology
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everybody for answering my crazy question, I guess it wasn't that crazy afterall, now I'm really looking forward to the next episode !!!!!
              sigpic
              siggy made by RogueRanger
              http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
              killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                it certainly wouldn't be the first time a tech advancement has unforeseen side effects...such as holopsychosis, where you mind can't differentiate between the holo world and the real world...after all, you 'see' and 'hear' what your brain tells you to see or hear, and those signals SHOULD come from your eyes and ears, however if something is getting in the way - for example a sensory generator that's between the eyes/ears and brain, then you you see what's not really there....kinda like looking at a bright light and then closing your eyes and seeing the after image, cept this isn't an afterimage, it's an image itself
                I think you just described schizophrenia
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

I actually liked this new episode. Sure it's not like BSG in its action. What draws me in is the flaws, or the things i believe to be flaws, of Colonial society and how we all know that it will lead to their demise. Their sins are catching up with them...I am also seeing something similar to that of the terminator franchise.

I like where it is going, I just feel that it is moving too slow for my taste, but I can live with it. So far no tasteless sex, that's always a good sing, minus one scene that was passable.

I wonder when and if head characters will show up? Obviously "god" has set things in motion...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm intrigued to see where this series is going. I have literally no idea what they have planned, and do enjoy the BSG references.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Just watched my recording of "Rebirth" but it cut out about 5 mins before the end.

Spoiler:
                      I got as far as seeing Amanda claiming that Zoe was a terrorist and Daniel freaking out and moving like he was trying to get her offstage - what happened after that?
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Sister Clarice was doodling on a notepad and saw it on TV, Daniel and a bodyguard rushed them into the car (which appears to have been a Jaguar) to escape the near-riot crowd, and Daniel looked somewhere between puzzled and cold rage. That's it, you didn't miss 5 minutes

This probably could've just gone in the episode thread too.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          Just watched my recording of "Rebirth" but it cut out about 5 mins before the end.

Spoiler:
                          I got as far as seeing Amanda claiming that Zoe was a terrorist and Daniel freaking out and moving like he was trying to get her offstage - what happened after that?
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...irth-%28103%29

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post

Spoiler:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...irth-%28103%29

Comment

1. Interesting how they're playing the Zoe/Cylon visuals. Thing is, the techs aren't going to have a clue what's going on. Think Daniel will surely work it out eventually, whether he'll tell anyone is another matter entirely though.

2. Lacy/Clarice. Looks like classic jihadi-style grooming to me.

3. Adamas. Hmmm...not sure what's going on here.

4. Amanda at the service. Ouch, grief can affect people in a variety of ways. I mean I lost a very good online friend of mine recently and the way I tried/am trying to work through that didn't go down well with some of our mutual friends.

The thing is, all Amanda knows is that Zoe was a monotheist and that a boyfriend she never knew she had blown up the train. Assuming Zoe was in on it is a reasonable assumption particularly in a culture that's ignorant about monotheist beliefs.

However it's way off base. Thing is, you have to wonder, surely Ben's Mum must have come to the same conclusion about her kid when she found the infinity bracelet - except that in her case, it would be true. She's not going to want the heat though and might even have been in on it so I reckon Amanda's been set up.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                Yeah it probably won't, since this is Skiffy (and no i won't call it by its "new" silly name) and not BBC or HBO which is a real shame BUT maybe they will film some naughty bits and ad them on the DVD version like they did with the pilot ;-) I wonder if they have something equivalent to the cult of Dionysus and Isis......
                                Thats all we need, mad women tearing people apart
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X