We can make it until January. I hope.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Thats why hard core fans crack me up. I love something soo extremely, but only in a certain way at a certain time. XD

The things im a fan of i pick up everything i can find; dvds, spinoffs books comicbooks. Sure they might not always be the highest quality or what i am really looking for, but I eat it up CUZ it is something i love.
      Obviously it doesn't have the same feel of BS:G, but then its not intended to be BS:G. Its a story within the BS:G universe with a different approach. As such it can't be said to be better or not up to par as BS:G. But the die-hard fans will rip it up and down. Admittedly, I think that I did the same thing to SG:A somewhat comparing it to SG-1. I'm liking the fact that SG:U can't be compared to the other to since its obviously quite different. Of course, I'm still of the opinion that SG:A and SG-1 were too alike in the sense of the 'we're alone in the Universe battling forces more powerful than us'.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Yeah, this show isn't like BSG. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. People need to give it a shot.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Yeah, this show isn't like BSG. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. People need to give it a shot.
          In the same why that BS:G redefined scifi being more 'drama' set in space, I see Caprica redefining drama.

Comment

I watched the Pilot a few days ago, and it made me think.
            Spoiler:
            Daniel Graystone told Joseph Adams (Adama) that if his plan worked, they could have their daughters back, and young William Adama could be held by his mother again. That made me think, that since Zoe's avatar was downloaded into the Cylon prototype, will her program stay in the prototype, or will, once Graystone discovers his daughter is "alive," put her into a robot with a more human-like appearance.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
              Spoiler:
              Daniel Graystone told Joseph Adams (Adama) that if his plan worked, they could have their daughters back, and young William Adama could be held by his mother again. That made me think, that since Zoe's avatar was downloaded into the Cylon prototype, will her program stay in the prototype, or will, once Graystone discovers his daughter is "alive," put her into a robot with a more human-like appearance.
              If possible, I would think the latter.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                Spoiler:
                Entirely probable since the Centurions were working on machine-human hybrids which is completely different. Somehow though, I don't see her as revealing to him that she's alive. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                  Entirely probable since the Centurions were working on machine-human hybrids which is completely different. Somehow though, I don't see her as revealing to him that she's alive. Just a hunch.
                  I think he will still eventually find out though.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i finally got aorund to watching this today. i thought it was great.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      i finally got aorund to watching this today. i thought it was great.
                      Glad you thought so. I know I sure enjoyed it. I can't wait for this show to get underway.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am still up in the air if I will like the series or not. One of the things I liked best about BSG was taking small hints and trying to piece together what was going to happen next. Caprica, is just a drama in another time and place and has little to do with scifi and more to do with the writers and the directors showing the good and the bad of characters and attempting explain their actions. Until I see some of the story arcs that will be going on other than a couple of the obvious ones, I will withhold judgement and watch the show, but it isn't a slam dunk I will love or even like it. My daughter who loved BSG, X files, Stargate, found it to be long a boring.

Comment

Managed to finally get a copy of Caprica yesterday, and I was somewhat disappointed. Don't know if its because of all the fans we have going, but even with the volume turned up, I had trouble hearing what the characters were saying most of the time.

One thing I'm really confused about is that I thought the Final 5 were responsible for creating the skinjobs, if not the Centurions & Raiders, too. But then the intro to BSG says that the Cylons were created by man, so which one is it? I don't understand how this can be a direct prequel to BSG.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Cy'Lan View Post
                            I am still up in the air if I will like the series or not. One of the things I liked best about BSG was taking small hints and trying to piece together what was going to happen next. Caprica, is just a drama in another time and place and has little to do with scifi and more to do with the writers and the directors showing the good and the bad of characters and attempting explain their actions. Until I see some of the story arcs that will be going on other than a couple of the obvious ones, I will withhold judgement and watch the show, but it isn't a slam dunk I will love or even like it. My daughter who loved BSG, X files, Stargate, found it to be long a boring.
                            BS:G was itself described as drama that just happens to be set against a science fiction back drop. If you notice, there's very, very little emphasis on both Human and Cylon technology.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun View Post
                              Managed to finally get a copy of Caprica yesterday, and I was somewhat disappointed. Don't know if its because of all the fans we have going, but even with the volume turned up, I had trouble hearing what the characters were saying most of the time.

One thing I'm really confused about is that I thought the Final 5 were responsible for creating the skinjobs, if not the Centurions & Raiders, too. But then the intro to BSG says that the Cylons were created by man, so which one is it? I don't understand how this can be a direct prequel to BSG.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll be watching.
                              There were two species of Centurions - one that was developed on Earth 2,000 years prior to the events in BS:G and another that was developed by the colonials. It just so happened that the technological evolution allowed both the Earthlings and the Colonials to develop similar technology. But other than basic concept and general form, the two were not related. Think of it as an American inventing a car at the same time someone in Japan invites one as well without any knowledge of each other.

The Colonials created the Older model Centurions like the one you saw in Caprica. They revolted which started the first Cylon war. Toward the end the Final Five came on the scene and brokered a deal to end the war which resulted in the development of the of the Human-form Cylons and assumedly the biologically-based raiders and the newer model Centurions.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                                There were two species of Centurions - one that was developed on Earth 2,000 years prior to the events in BS:G and another that was developed by the colonials. It just so happened that the technological evolution allowed both the Earthlings and the Colonials to develop similar technology. But other than basic concept and general form, the two were not related. Think of it as an American inventing a car at the same time someone in Japan invites one as well without any knowledge of each other.

The Colonials created the Older model Centurions like the one you saw in Caprica. They revolted which started the first Cylon war. Toward the end the Final Five came on the scene and brokered a deal to end the war which resulted in the development of the of the Human-form Cylons and assumedly the biologically-based raiders and the newer model Centurions.
                                Actually, the Cylons that were the 13th tribe developed the centurions on Earth and in the end they had the same problem as the Colonials, they revolted and destroyed their makers after becoming to self aware. It appears in both cases man/cylon got to lazy to do many task and they needed smart "slave" units to do the dirty work.

It is kind of funny that on Earth the skin jobs made Centurions and in the Colonies the Centurions were trying to make skin jobs for their own use.

Comment

Working...
                                X