No announcement yet.

Caprica - Pilot (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still in two minds about it. I'll need to watch it a couple more times to get a proper handle on things.

But if I'm prefectly honest, I thought it a bit slow to get going.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

A lot more boob than I thought there would be. It's an interesting concept but I do not see it going farther than 2 seasons

Comment

Who cares about boobs? Boobs are just boobs. I found Caprica captivating in a tragic sense. All that carnage and tragedy and armageddon came to pass because Zoe created a program that she intended to change the world for the better with.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          Who cares about boobs? Boobs are just boobs. I found Caprica captivating in a tragic sense. All that carnage and tragedy and armageddon came to pass because Zoe created a program that she intended to change the world for the better with.
          I feel as you do.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I liked it. Different feel, but a good one. Graystone and Adama are good, rounded characters, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen with them.
            My only niggle in the back of mind is what the fudge they're going to do with the season... but I had the same thought about Breaking Bad and Dexter when I started watching, and they paid off in spades. I'm not saying this is as brilliant as those two, but mostly because I haven't seen how this one will develop. I'm not psychic, ha.

All in all. I thought it was solid and we should all have cautious optimism all round.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              I liked it. Different feel, but a good one. Graystone and Adama are good, rounded characters, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen with them.
              My only niggle in the back of mind is what the fudge they're going to do with the season... but I had the same thought about Breaking Bad and Dexter when I started watching, and they paid off in spades. I'm not saying this is as brilliant as those two, but mostly because I haven't seen how this one will develop. I'm not psychic, ha.

All in all. I thought it was solid and we should all have cautious optimism all round.
              The Pilot was indeed very solid. I am very optimistic about this show. Caprica, IMO, has a lot of potential. Whether that potential is realized or not, we will just have to wait and see.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                The Pilot was indeed very solid. I am very optimistic about this show. Caprica, IMO, has a lot of potential. Whether that potential is realized or not, we will just have to wait and see.
                I'm still blown away by it. I think part of it is knowing the full ramifications of where they're going - naming the genocide of the human species. With that, I think that RDM did an excellent job in thinking about the established mythology and asking the question just How? did these things come about. The whole idea of a splinter group believing in one true God subsequently being the source of the Centurion's belief was nothing short of brilliant as it clearly lays the groundwork for the First Cylon War. If you believe that there's one true God, then you have to believe that he is the God of the oppressed and the oppressor.
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                  I'm still blown away by it. I think part of it is knowing the full ramifications of where they're going - naming the genocide of the human species. With that, I think that RDM did an excellent job in thinking about the established mythology and asking the question just How? did these things come about. The whole idea of a splinter group believing in one true God subsequently being the source of the Centurion's belief was nothing short of brilliant as it clearly lays the groundwork for the First Cylon War. If you believe that there's one true God, then you have to believe that he is the God of the oppressed and the oppressor.
                  Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good move on his part too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

out of all the songs from the soundtrack i just can not stop listening to " the adama name" besides being one of the best moments in the pilot bear hit it spot on with the music cue

i hope we get to hear it more during the series.

Comment

I wasn't impressed by the pilot. I found it confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        I wasn't impressed by the pilot. I found it confusing.
                        What confused you the most?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The pilot was great!!! I love it

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                            The pilot was great!!! I love it
                            Same here. I am very optimistic regarding this show.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Same here. I am very optimistic regarding this show.
                              Agreed, to bad it's so far away
                              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                                right after BSG ended Practically every one was saying that it was going to be bad and that they probably wouldn't even watch it, they weren't even giving it a chance I have to say that they were at least in my opinion wrong. I thought it was pretty frakin good. not BSG good but still pretty good.
                                Thats why hard core fans crack me up. I love something soo extremely, but only in a certain way at a certain time. XD

The things im a fan of i pick up everything i can find; dvds, spinoffs books comicbooks. Sure they might not always be the highest quality or what i am really looking for, but I eat it up CUZ it is something i love.

Comment

Working...
                                X